ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

When you get older you worry about those things. Back in the day I wore no heat or anything over $60, just played ball without worry about anything.

I used to play ball in running shoes back in middle school/high school.

Now, if I wear the wrong cushioning then my knees would kill me for a week.

:x i feel old

Agreed with all the above. Plus having some money now as compared to being a young kid (I'm 30) i find it fun to compare different tech and shoes. Added bonus.

I used to play ball in running shoes back in middle school/high school.

Now, if I wear the wrong cushioning then my knees would kill me for a week.

sick.gif
i feel old
Same with me! A couple of years ago I got in really good shape and started playing in every new sneaker that came out —my knees paid for it :/. Now I HAVE TO stick with what works. The good thing is that there's something for everyone lol.

This, all day. I think back to pre-Professor K and how I would go in a store, try it on, buy it, and rarely did I have a problem. Now I evaluate every little thing and worry about a little slip or moment in the heel and if the materials are proper.

I feel like the consumer is just spoiled with so many options now, back in the day you bought shoes because you liked the way they looked, tech in shoes didnt really become a big thing the shoe game until id have to say the 11 hoop wise, that was the first shoe where people started experimenting with a more flexble midsole

Prior to that you went from canvas style chucks to leathered out addidas converse and nikes then as time went on materials got cheaper walking gate tech picked up the importance of ventilation and a bunch of other things

Not to mention back then we were young and nimble nowadays careers are lasting longer and people are able to play much better because of these options.

also alot of times you would buy a shoe feel great then problems would arise like the shox that richard jefferson wore where the rear would cut into you achilles for example

just my .02

Got D Rose 7 myself. More cushion better traction and ankle support, but explosives have better fit and feel lighter. I got D Rose 7 because if the traction and ankle, but if fit and lightness is more important to you go with explosives

Thanks bro!

I got my hands on the Xeno version of the Crazy Explosives, by chance can you (or anyone) comment on the Xeno's vs the Prime knit? Or am I splitting hairs at this point.

EDIT: Okay so I tried the D Rose 7 Primeknits, I thought they were AWESOME but man, too much space in the toe box.

On the other hand, I tried on my Xeno Crazy Explosives and think they're perfect all around, although I wish they'd be tighter around the ankle. I think the weird lace setup has to do with this but otherwise, very good shoe.

I think I will be keeping the Xeno's because of how comfortable they are. Sorta feels like a low top but with the structure of a high top. Might sound bad to some, but I personally can't play in low tops, so this is sort of the best of both worlds for me, if that makes any sense.

Still wondering about the Xeno material vs the Primeknit version but I think I'm overthinking it.

I have to wait until sunday to get my hands on these xeno's I kept asking about them but no one would answer.

Funny how Xeno has gone under the radar but when hardens drop everybody looking

Quote:
also alot of times you would buy a shoe feel great then problems would arise like the shox that richard jefferson wore where the rear would cut into you achilles for example

This is something to be wary of.  Same thing happened to me with the Kobe 2 sheath.  I feel like they overcompensated in that achilles area because the Kobe I was so loose there.  They made that area way too firm and way too high, and that shoe became unplayable for me.

I feel like this initial comfort issue was really a problem when they first dropped lunar foam in the Hyperdunk 08.  Felt so nice just trying them on and walking around.  Overall though, just an awful shoe in terms of durability and I'm not surprised to see outlet updates with stores selling them for like $50 right now.

Agreed with all the above. Plus having some money now as compared to being a young kid (I'm 30) i find it fun to compare different tech and shoes. Added bonus.
Same, I used to wait until back to school week for tax free weekend when I'd get my school shoes for the year, and then black friday when I'd the whatever last year's signature model was available at the outlet. Now I'm spoiled...

Check your local Adidas outlets.  Just got back from a Vegas trip and the South outlet had 50% off red tag items.

FSR of D Lillard 2's in all black for $35 and scattered sizes of Wiggins Home CE for $45, prices before tax.  Totally caved on the Wiggins CE.  Wasn't really into this model or that colorway, but I couldn't say no to that damn price.

wow, that's surprising since the Adidas outlets around here are terrible, even their nice boost runners are retail most of the time

gon' try give them a call tomorrow

Really wish CE were available where I live. Can't decide between 11.5/12 Sizing help anyone??
TTS, but wish i had tried on a half size down. They're not narrow and I had an extra .5 inches of toe space. ADC has a great return policy though, YMMV but I got a refund as soon as i dropped my shoes off at UPS lol

Yeah it's the first time they refunded so quick. If we had to wait until they got the shoes back it would take awhile. Guess it's better this way because it'll take double amount of time because of the holidays.

Hope the CE lows come out soon because these PK mids are almost gone.

wow, that's surprising since the Adidas outlets around here are terrible, even their nice boost runners are retail most of the time

gon' try give them a call tomorrow
Yeah I'm in SoCal and the local outlet at Citadel had almost no basketball shoes a week or two ago.  That was unusual because they usually have at least one wall.  They did have a good amount of Boost runners on discount.

just called camarillo and they do have the sale but no Lillard 2s

probably still have a shelve full of Lillard1s for $30 that no one wants to touch with a 10 foot pole :lol:

So ever since my Rose 6 Boost got firm I decided I just have to get new shoes. I have the 2k4 and the traction is kinda wearing on then from playing on a carpet court. I have question for those who have exerperienced all of the following shoes:

Rose 5
Crazy 1

Which shoe has better impact protection, bounce and responsiveness, and longevity? The Crazy 1 foam felt surprisingly bouncy and good. The Rose 5 felt good as well, and actually more secure than my Rose 6s did (wider base and small outrigger). Both are priced around 55 bucks at the Foot Locker outlet.

Currently playing in my Black Ice Mid, but the Micro G is pretty firm lol

Last edited:
What is a carpet floor? Never heard of it.

I've played in rubber tiles and that court is pretty cool and traction is almost always good but a carpet court?

We play inside a church, which I guess isn't carpet but it's not regular wood court. It is like a carpet cloth but not actually carpet (if that makes sense). It's hard carpet (not like a house carpet), but rather like a tile floor covered with smooth carpet.

Kinda hard to explain...

We play inside a church, which I guess isn't carpet but it's not regular wood court. It is like a carpet cloth but not actually carpet (if that makes sense). It's hard carpet (not like a house carpet), but rather like a tile floor covered with smooth carpet.

Kinda hard to explain...

One Y that I play at has those.

The court burn can be so real there haha

Just grabbed the Swaggy P white CE from Adidas on Broadway. Can't stand that mofo but I love the all white. Can't wait to try these.

I'm finding the Harden boost a little too firm and it seems to be related to the stiff strobel over the boost. The Hardens have a small hole in the stobel board in the heel area. When I push on the boost it feels way better than when I push on the other areas with the stobel on top. I'm seriously tempted to cut a bigger hole in the heel and then cut a hole in the forefoot to get more access to the boost. Anyone tried this yet in any of the adidas boost shoes? Don't the CE's have no strobel board or minimal strobel?

Back
Top Bottom