ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

I'm finding the Harden boost a little too firm and it seems to be related to the stiff strobel over the boost. The Hardens have a small hole in the stobel board in the heel area. When I push on the boost it feels way better than when I push on the other areas with the stobel on top. I'm seriously tempted to cut a bigger hole in the heel and then cut a hole in the forefoot to get more access to the boost. Anyone tried this yet in any of the adidas boost shoes? Don't the CE's have no strobel board or minimal strobel?
i believe CE are the only ones that doesn't have the hard strobe. there's that shoe review site Schwollo. He was having the same issue with the Rose 7. you can ask him by commenting on his review, he's quick to respond/help.

Last edited:
I'm finding the Harden boost a little too firm and it seems to be related to the stiff strobel over the boost. The Hardens have a small hole in the stobel board in the heel area. When I push on the boost it feels way better than when I push on the other areas with the stobel on top. I'm seriously tempted to cut a bigger hole in the heel and then cut a hole in the forefoot to get more access to the boost. Anyone tried this yet in any of the adidas boost shoes? Don't the CE's have no strobel board or minimal strobel?

via schwollo
img_9348.jpg

You're really going to make that bigger? How are you going to cut it? That would be risky although I'd be curious about the result.

I imagine you would be sacrificing court feel and the possibility of messing with stability if you are to do what you're planning with both the heel and forefoot area. But do it. I'd like to see your result. :D

And if you screw up, take out the whole strobel board and let me know how it feels. For science.

Last edited:
I'm seriously tempted to do it. I think I could do it with a seam ripper, exacto knife, tweezers, and some small scissors without damaging the boost. The question is can I get more bounce out of the boost without making the shoes unstable. Maybe if I can get the homes on discount in a week or two I'll cut into my Pioneers. It'd definitely be a fun science experiment.

Will taking out the seam to remove the board affect the durability of the shoe though? I imagine that seam (and the board maybe glued to the boost) helps keep the shoe together. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
I wouldn't use the seam ripper to cut the stitching that connects the strobel to the rest of the shoe. The stobel is fabric based, so the seam ripper could help make cuts in the strobel. I would use the seam ripper and other tools to cut the strobel to within 1/4" of the seam. I'd want to keep some structural integrity. I definitely think there is way to cut back the strobel to get more boost feel without destroying the shoes.

just called camarillo and they do have the sale but no Lillard 2s

probably still have a shelve full of Lillard1s for $30 that no one wants to touch with a 10 foot pole :lol:
I'll try updating what camarillo has as much as I remember. Usually nothing.

Don is hilarious. I also wish Don review and wear test shoes more often also but don is older and probably has a family so he probably has bills to pay unlike Sammy where he seems like that rich spoiled only-child asian kid so like Jay Z money aint a thing. But I also watch their vids every couple days. Yeah they should do some research on the shoe and plan their video ahead of time but then it wouldnt be funny and entertaining. Nightwing seems to somewhat do it off the top also but Nightwing is definitely more experienced/knowledgeable. Duke also but sometimes hard to hear him and as informative as he is..i feel like im listening to a lecture and I snooze off or click on another YT video and end up on the darkside of YT. Sammy just either needs to beep out his cursing or try to stop cursing maybe then more ppl/companies would take him serious. Watch does it basketball - knitted slippers. Traction kills on those.

Anyone interested in the Peak Dwight Howard 2? I'm dying to know how it fits and sizing recommendations.

Last edited:
LiAngelo Ball of Chino Hills wearing the Adidas Crazy Explosive Kristaps Porzingis PE. Has anyone else been able to see this sold in store? I have a feeling this is an Adidas sponsored pair and not retail. I really wish they release the KP colorways.

EDIT: I guess everyone in Chino Hills is wearing Adidas shoes so I guess they probably have some kind of sponsorship with Adidas.

Last edited:
Duke also but sometimes hard to hear him and as informative as he is..i feel like im listening to a lecture and I snooze off or click on another YT video and end up on the darkside of YT.

Anyone interested in the Peak Dwight Howard 2? I'm dying to know how it fits and sizing recommendations.

I agree on everything said about me - i suck at video, so i quit doing them in August. May start again after new year.

The DH2 - review coming soon. Sizing is the worst on Peak. I got sent a US12 but it fits like an 11.25. Got the same size in the TP9.4 and it fits like a 10.75. Go with your Euro size, if you know it. If not, I would say go up a half and you should be good.

Last edited:
Don is hilarious. I also wish Don review and wear test shoes more often also but don is older and probably has a family so he probably has bills to pay unlike Sammy where he seems like that rich spoiled only-child asian kid so like Jay Z money aint a thing. But I also watch their vids every couple days. Yeah they should do some research on the shoe and plan their video ahead of time but then it wouldnt be funny and entertaining. Nightwing seems to somewhat do it off the top also but Nightwing is definitely more experienced/knowledgeable. Duke also but sometimes hard to hear him and as informative as he is..i feel like im listening to a lecture and I snooze off or click on another YT video and end up on the darkside of YT. Sammy just either needs to beep out his cursing or try to stop cursing maybe then more ppl/companies would take him serious. Watch does it basketball - knitted slippers. Traction kills on those.

Connor Livingston sends Sammy a lot of his shoes, but he rarely sends Don anything. I think that's the main reason Sammy does most of the reviews. People say it's his knee but if that were true he wouldn't be testing the Kyrie III

I like all the shoe reviewers on YouTube, they all have their own lanes, for the most part.

Ideally, Sammy would be paired with someone knowledgeable like Duke. But in reality it would go over about as well as a song featuring PMD and Lil Yachty, two completely different eras and styles.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next video Duke does. (indoors hopefully)

And respect to the gawd.
View media item 2281112

Dang, Jayou, loving the EPMD reference- would love to see those 2 smash on someone like Yachty (where did that moron come from?). And yeah, if I do anymore YT, it will be indoors. It takes serious hours to film and edit and right now I'm slammed with real work, playing ball, and kid games. Real life catches up to me.

^ ^ ^
blk/wht colorway came out but with out pk
I guess the only way to get the good pairs is to be in the NBA. I don't get it. People would pay good money to actually get the same pairs as what the pros have. There always have to have separation between the pros and the consumers. That's why I like the Dame line. I'm actually getting what Dame is using. Nike is probably the worst at that. Their star player Westbrook gets the special pair with the Jordan 30* outsole (better traction) while the people gets the crap outsole of the 31.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Are there noticeable differences in performance between PK and non-PK pairs?

Having a PK pair in hand, I would much rather have the knit, but if the performance isn't that different than it doesn't matter to me. 

I'm looking forward to the CE lows.  So glad we have a bunch of full-length Boost options.  Compared to two years ago it was the Rose 5 or nothing.  Now you can get mids, lows, PK or jacquard...great time for bball shoes.

Are there noticeable differences in performance between PK and non-PK pairs?

Having a PK pair in hand, I would much rather have the knit, but if the performance isn't that different than it doesn't matter to me. 

I'm looking forward to the CE lows.  So glad we have a bunch of full-length Boost options.  Compared to two years ago it was the Rose 5 or nothing.  Now you can get mids, lows, PK or jacquard...great time for bball shoes.

i haven't compared them myself but i bought the non PK version because a couple reviewers said they allowed better airflow vs the PK version which supposedly got a little hot after a while. although it seems like most if not all the NBA players go with PK.

are the CE lows confirmed? i haven't heard anything in a while and i didn't think it was definite then.

Anyone else have issue with heel slippage in CE? I have the xeno and love em.

When these hit outlets I'll stock up heavy this is truly a special shoe that I pray they don't screw up going fwd

Back
Top Bottom