ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Both are running shoes but the market for each shoes is different...  UB have 2 different market niche...  Dont know about those blades.  

Not completely true...  OG is gone.  At least for mens.  Whites are pretty much gone for mens.  MGs shows up at a very limited quantity even tho when ADC first drop, there was a **** load.
I can actually buy some OG pairs in womens still. Possibly a Men's size in a 6 / 6.5. I can't say the same for NMDs.

My original point is UBs won't be the end all say all for Adidas so spending super crazy on "limited" CWs is not the best investment if the shoe itself will only last for a few years (for lifestyle).

LOL Maybe Adidas is only a mom & pop shop with 2 workers. They cannot handle making both UB's and NMD's at the same time.

Last edited:

LOL Maybe Adidas is only a mom & pop shop with 2 workers. They cannot handle making both UB's and NMD's.
They may not be a mom and pop shop but they care about profits just the same as them.

I believe at the end of the day there will be more NMD colorways than their will be of UBs.

They already set the pricepoint $10 cheaper than UBs. So I am assuming NMDs are cheaper to make since they are not catered to runners.

I can actually buy some OG pairs in womens still. Possibly a Men's size in a 6 / 6.5. I can't say the same for NMDs.

My original point is UBs won't be the end all say all for Adidas so spending super crazy on "limited" CWs is not the best investment if the shoe itself will only last for a few years (for lifestyle).
I'm going to be a believer if these nmds sells out...

Already ran a half and training for another in them. They are fine, sure they won't last as long as some Asics, but these are way more comfortable.

I work with a few lifelong runners in their 50's and they cannot get behind the Ultra Boost at all. They've ran in the free pairs they've been given and just don't feel they stack up to Brooks, Hoka One One's, Aasics and other brands that they've used throughout their lives (careers).

It's definitely a self-proclaimed award, which is whatever. I wear mine casually and love the comfort for walking. I've tried to run in them and they/re too narrow and don't provide enough support for my plantar fasciitis. No knock on Ultra Boosts, it's just MY preference. Used to run in Brooks and now love Hoka's.

I work with a few lifelong runners in their 50's and they cannot get behind the Ultra Boost at all. They've ran in the free pairs they've been given and just don't feel they stack up to Brooks, Hoka One One's, Aasics and other brands that they've used throughout their lives (careers).

It's definitely a self-proclaimed award, which is whatever. I wear mine casually and love the comfort for walking. I've tried to run in them and they/re too narrow and don't provide enough support for my plantar fasciitis. No knock on Ultra Boosts, it's just MY preference. Used to run in Brooks and now love Hoka's.
Which is my point exactly.

UBs was just the start of the hype. Something that happened on accident. Test the market with NMDs that is more for lifestyle. Has a good response, start a GR release.

If UBs are here to stay, they won't be the same as they are now.

I dont even know why we're arguing about this...  UB is here for a while...  I'll probably be over the sneaker game before they even discontinue it... 
laugh.gif

Is there an official GR for UBs? How about a potential black soled UB? I know Adidas admitted to seeing people customize their UBs to have black soles, why didn't they give us a black sole UB sample? I do see an NMD triple black sample.

If NMDs continue the hype that UBs helped create, I really don't see the UB silhouette being here for 2-3 more waves. If anything, they'll come out with a UB cousin again.

Is there an official GR for UBs? How about a potential black soled UB? I know Adidas admitted to seeing people customize their UBs to have black soles, why didn't they give us a black sole UB sample? I do see an NMD triple black sample.

If NMDs continue the hype that UBs helped create, I really don't see the UB silhouette being here for 2-3 more waves. If anything, they'll come out with a UB cousin again.
BB4677 - CLBACK/CBLACK/CBLACK (4/15/16)

BB4677 - CLBACK/CBLACK/CBLACK (4/15/16)
I stand slightly corrected. Is that a live sample? If anything this looks like an homage to the people who hyped up the UBs. Even then so, it looks like it's retailing for $200. $20 to make black soles? That's a lot of paint.

I mean, white, core black, og, wool grays, volt, solar, gradient are all GR isnt it?

A couple of quick shots of the black 3M laces from RLS in my 3Ms.  Honestly I haven't bonded with the 3Ms that much and at this point I will primarily wear them when I am out at night walking or riding my bike.  The laces glow as bright as the shoes, as well as letting a lot more of the fabric underneath show through.  These things really pop when the light hits them.

View media item 1927265

Damn... Maybe I should've copped the 3ms :smh:

Back
Top Bottom