ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R1s arrived today, and they're smokin'
pimp.gif

Thank you, Obi-Glo Kenobi.  You were my only hope.

Yeah my only point was that the hype is at an all time high for them right now. I have no doubt it will continue to grow.
It's great to hear Adidas in conversation as a long-time Adidas fan. Kinda surprises me because I have yet to get the Adidas Rivea that came out recently. Seeing those price tags make them feel like a steal lately because of UBs/PK NMD prices.

It's great to hear Adidas in conversation as a long-time Adidas fan. Kinda surprises me because I have yet to get the Adidas Rivea that came out recently. Seeing those price tags make them feel like a steal lately because of UBs/PK NMD prices.
Yeah I'm one of the new adidas adopters for sure, since the first UBs dropped I've been all aboard the adidas train. The last pair of adidas I owned before the UBs dropped was probably a pair of soccer cleats when I was in middle school haha.

I was never huge on Nike either though since I was heavy into skateboarding starting around age 12 and neither Nike nor adidas were even making skate shoes at the time, plus I don't think me & punk @ss friends would have bought them even if they were. Our misguided minds thought skate shoe companies like eS & DC were more legit cause they were skate companies, even though most of them were bought out by giant parent corporations.

Yeah I'm one of the new adidas adopters for sure, since the first UBs dropped I've been all aboard the adidas train. The last pair of adidas I owned before the UBs dropped was probably a pair of soccer cleats when I was in middle school haha.

I was never huge on Nike either though since I was heavy into skateboarding starting around age 12 and neither Nike nor adidas were even making skate shoes at the time, plus I don't think me & punk @ss friends would have bought them even if they were. Our misguided minds thought skate shoe companies like eS & DC were more legit cause they were skate companies, even though most of them were bought out by giant parent corporations.
Adidas is making moves in the Skateboarding industry as well. Some top skateboarders are signed to them. They already got a few lines of Adidas Skateboarding shoes that look really good.

Adidas has always been there, just not in the urban/streetwear scene in a long while. Kanye's influence on this new generation definitely created the hype to what UBs and NMD are piggybacking off of.

They've had Pharrell make 1109230 different CWs of Superstars and couldn't generate as much hype has Kanye.

I actually think SNS & HB were the only ones that did one week in between so far. I remember Wood Woods having 2 weeks in between and I think it was the same for the NK NMDs.
It was actually WW that did 1 week and SNS was 2 weeks...  I didnt pay much attention on SNS after I copped at SNS 
laugh.gif

A few CW's not shown in that Jul - Nov release chart. What if anything if confirmed about release for chocolate gradients, berry heel, grapes, obsidian etc. I'm guessing either just samples or later than November. 

Is there an April to May release schedule/summary anywhere? 

Adidas is making moves in the Skateboarding industry as well. Some top skateboarders are signed to them. They already got a few lines of Adidas Skateboarding shoes that look really good.
Yeah I dig their recent skate shoes for sure, if I were going to get a new pair of skate shoes it would definitely be adidas and if I were in high school right now skating everyday like I used to, I'm sure I would have a few pairs of adidas, but back then it was unheard of.

Yeah I dig their recent skate shoes for sure, if I were going to get a new pair of skate shoes it would definitely be adidas and if I were in high school right now skating everyday like I used to, I'm sure I would have a few pairs of adidas, but back then it was unheard of.
True that. I'm not sure if Adidas has changed management or not in the recent years but I do see a big push to become industry leader in areas of market where they haven't been top dog.

One thing I have noticed is their design team is not well-versed in the fashion/streetwear so bringing in Kanye was the greatest thing they could've done ever for their company.

They've tried to enter the new streetwear market with Adidas NEO with Bieber and Selena Gomez being their spokespersons but that didn't blow up as much as Kanye wearing UBs, a shoe that was designed for running. It's crazy.

True that. I'm not sure if Adidas has changed management or not in the recent years but I do see a big push to become industry leader in areas of market where they haven't been top dog.

One thing I have noticed is their design team is not well-versed in the fashion/streetwear so bringing in Kanye was the greatest thing they could've done ever for their company.

They've tried to enter the new streetwear market with Adidas NEO with Bieber and Selena Gomez being their spokespersons but that didn't blow up as much as Kanye wearing UBs, a shoe that was designed for running. It's crazy.
For sure, the Pharrell partnership has been a huge boon for them too.

They also sniped some of Nike's top designers not too long ago so they've definitely been making moves to enter that fashion/streetwear market.

I can only imagine how popular a Pharrell x Ultra Boost or even more so a Kanye x Ultra Boost would be.

MGs..the gift that keeps on giving. For any of the  EQT Boost owners in here. Lace swapped these with spare MG laces I had from an earlier post and they are almost a perfect match to the gray suede. Plus they are a shorter than the stock laces which is a better size.

Wsup everybody, first time poster.

Was wondering if anybody knows or has a list of which stores were going to have the Solebox release in-stores. Specifically for the Bay Area, Thanks!

Wsup everybody, first time poster.

Was wondering if anybody knows or has a list of which stores were going to have the Solebox release in-stores. Specifically for the Bay Area, Thanks!
Best bet would be to go back to the Wood Wood release time frame in this thread and comb through posts seeing which Bay Area spots got mentioned.

Gotta do the work.

I don't know how I feel buying from a site called sweatshop.com

If u a avid poster or lurker in this post you know sweatshop is as legit as they come. A plus quality and customer service. Don't think I ever waited more than 4-5 days for a order shipped overseas from them. A lot of us ate on their site when they discounted all the ultra boosts few months ago.

Beibs certainly wouldn't have sent UBs where Ye did, but from my recollection, the UB frenzy didn't start till the all whites. Even when Kanye had the OGs on, they were still kinda under the radar per se. Seems like anything all red or white gets people going on certain models. I'm sure the 750 and 350s releases helped get that hype train going though, too.

Hope I didn't butcher this response. Standing in the USPS line wasting time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom