ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

care to elaborate? Just my opinion and so far it looks like it will be the new subtle gradient and whatever the pattern is on the uncaged with the sock collar.
I guess I should clarify that I think we have seen the last of the OG as it is being phased out. The triple blacks and multicolor ltd seem to be the end of the OG pattern. I could be wrong I hope I am wrong.

care to elaborate? Just my opinion and so far it looks like it will be the new subtle gradient and whatever the pattern is on the uncaged with the sock collar.
Already did but I'll repost:

The OG knit pattern isn't dead and gone. There are multiple upcoming colorways that are using it (Rainbow LTD & triple blacks to name just two)

I will admit that it's possible only LTDs & collabs will continue to use the OG knit but it's definitely not gone.
They put UBs out in cycles. The first four gradient colorways all dropped at the same time, then a few og patterns dropped. Recently the second wave of gradients all dropped at the same time as well, and a few og knit pattern colorways will follow.

Also, none of the collabs so far have used the gradient pattern. You would think that if they really were ditching the og knit they would use the collabs to push the gradient pattern on us.

Adidas will continue to use the og knit drops to try and push sales of the gradients.

In the highly unlikely event that adidas does truly kill off the og knit pattern, it would be an incredibly stupid move on their part.

Part of your point was that the fact that there hasn't been a new og knit colorway since the Chalks means that the og knit is dead, but that's already incorrect from jump since the MGs came out after the Chalks. Time will tell, but the fact that there are og knit pattern colorways slated to release should be enough evidence that it's not completely dead.

I guess I should clarify that I think we have seen the last of the OG as it is being phased out. The triple blacks and multicolor ltd seem to be the end of the OG pattern. I could be wrong I hope I am wrong.
You're just wildly speculating though with absolutely no info on what's actually slated to release.

I use olives as my beaters,  I need to double up if I can find a pair below $500.

I wear my J&D sparingly as they are pure luxury.

Actually royals and navy are beaters.

I treat my olives, J&D, and creams as if they were fine china.  chris brown style

Last edited:

I use olives as my beaters,  I need to double up if I can find a pair below $500.

I wear my J&D sparingly as they are pure luxury.
Guys from the facebook group are selling olives atm, steep price comes to about 370$ shipped to US

Last edited:
Good to know........

Lowkey salty and envious lol
Back in the day before all the hype, olives and burgundies sat on ebay for $260. 

No one was willing to pay that price especially with those sweatshop and rrs deals around.

Now we all regret. 

I like hearing about folks using Olives & J&Ds as beaters.

It's easy to lose perspective when these kicks are sometimes so hard to get and so coveted, treating them like precious artifacts or something.

Gotta wear the dang things.

Back in the day before all the hype, olives and burgundies sat on ebay for $260. 

No one was willing to pay that price especially with those sweatshop and rrs deals around.

Now we all regret. 
I came super close to copping the Burgs from Pakho for $280 shipped, got as far as him sending me an invoice but I held back.

I like the colorway but not enough to have it be the first pair I pay resale for. Will likely end up giving that honor to the Solebox (ugh).

It's easy to lose perspective when these kicks are sometimes so hard to get and so coveted, treating them like precious artifacts or something.

I would never go to the gym in any of my wool pairs, but royals and navy are fair game.

I wear my kicks.  If you buy sneakers just to look at them,  you might as well download a high resolution image of them and make a photo album on your computer instead.

Last edited:

1000% ,dudes sit on shoes like theyre meant to last forever

I catch myself treating my new pairs like that. Once they sat for some weeks and I start rocking them I forget about that artifact status very fast

I actually have worn the groves down on my JD&'s....kind of regretting it now but oh well, they are shoes and can still rock them but just knowing that the soles will dissolves soon is sad.

I actually have worn the groves down on my JD&'s....kind of regretting it now but oh well, they are shoes and can still rock them but just knowing that the soles will dissolves soon is sad.
Once you wear them down to a certain point they're gonna stay pretty much that way for a long long time. I've never seen anyone actually wear all the way through the outsole. The nubs just go flat and then the outsole kinda stays that way for a while.

There've been a couple photos posted of people who cracked the boost material but I've never seen anyone wear all the way through the outsole.

Only real issue is the grip, just don't wear them in the rain, or to an old school butcher shop haha.

i've just got so many pairs of UBs alone that I really dont have a beater pair. I just keep everything in constant rotation

i've just got so many pairs of UBs alone that I really dont have a beater pair. I just keep everything in constant rotation
That's where I'm at now, but back when they first came out that wasn't possible unless you bought a ton of the same colorway.

Finally found a great lace swap for the MGs...so weird they decided that mid-gray color for their laces. It doesn't go with these or any of the gray UBs. I tried to save them by putting them on my wools but they didn't look great on them either.

If you want to cop the laces the 3M black:

http://www.**************.com/product/ultra-boost-laces-42

EDIT: They were actually the Gray/Black 42" but they are Sold out. You can try the 3M black but it'll probably be a little darker and not match as cleanly.

Last edited:
Got my beaters

Prolly gonna put the 3m laces I've had forever on them
The stock gray laces always looked off to me which kinda killed the shoe for me. But the lace swap gave them new life again. In the sun and indoors it almost looks like a perfect match.

Once you wear them down to a certain point they're gonna stay pretty much that way for a long long time. I've never seen anyone actually wear all the way through the outsole. The nubs just go flat and then the outsole kinda stays that way for a while.

There've been a couple photos posted of people who cracked the boost material but I've never seen anyone wear all the way through the outsole.

Only real issue is the grip, just don't wear them in the rain, or to an old school butcher shop haha.

Yeah Ive just noticed a few cracks in the bottom of the boost sole since Im wearing them today lol but yeah the nubs are pretty much flat, but just worried about that thin sole but your prolly right, atleast I hope.

Back
Top Bottom