ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
26. And im not offended, just baffled, anyone on this site is obviously more knowledgeable of sneakers than the average joe, so id assume they could tell the difference between different sneakers. They look completely different.

never assume anyone on this site is a full blown sneaker head like yourself. There are some who only come hear to talk about general stuff. Being on this site definitely doesn't make you (not you) in the know. We've seen our share of idiots who think they know everything. I'm just a guy who loves Jordans but couldn't cop when I grew up in the MJ era because a $60 pair of shoes was like a thousand dollars to a Mom who struggled to make things work. This love of Jordans definitely moved on to shoes that were about comfort because of the lifestyle I live. I can't wear Jordan's (for the most part) when hanging with my two boys at the park.

And your age explains everything. Our views on life, while the end/future may be the same, is completely different, expectedly. At 26, i always said to myself that i wouldn't be "that guy" that I've become. But here I am. And i love it.

Kinda true, but lately there have been a lot newer members just hearing the hype of UBs and getting intel from this thread not knowing anything else other than that.

For the Roshe vs TDs, I believe this confusion can be like a person who doesn't know everything and anything about phones and thought a Samsung was an iPhone when both were producing touch screens . Yes iPhones were first to the game with the all touch-screen faces as Roshe were first in the game with a popular/trendy running shoe silhouette so anything there after that share resemblance, people can not knowingly think other companies are taking the same idea. 

When I first bought Adidas Elements, people thought I was wearing Roshes. And even when Kanye moved over to Adidas and they showed the TD sample everyone commented how they were Adidas Roshes.

very good comparison. I'm not a tech guy either, so I've run into that confusion as well.

Took a look at the first Yeezy thread that was locked and my first few posts in that thread was mentioning the fact that i thought TD's were Roshe's. It really isn't that crazy to be confused, especially when you don't follow anything Yeezy related. The silhouette and soft upper is practically the same!! Until you have them in hand, of course.

never assume anyone on this site is a full blown sneaker head like yourself. There are some who only come hear to talk about general stuff. Being on this site definitely doesn't make you (not you) in the know. We've seen our share of idiots who think they know everything. I'm just a guy who loves Jordans but couldn't cop when I grew up in the MJ era because a $60 pair of shoes was like a thousand dollars to a Mom who struggled to make things work. This love of Jordans definitely moved on to shoes that were about comfort because of the lifestyle I live. I can't wear Jordan's (for the most part) when hanging with my two boys at the park.

And your age explains everything. Our views on life, while the end/future may be the same, is completely different, expectedly. At 26, i always said to myself that i wouldn't be "that guy" that I've become. But here I am. And i love it.

But theres a common factor in everyone who comes on this site, and thats sneakers. Of course more people are gonna be more knowledgeable than others though true.

In any case, im in no way trying to disrespect. Its healthy debate in my eyes. Go on OG. :smokin

very good comparison. I'm not a tech guy either, so I've run into that confusion as well.

Took a look at the first Yeezy thread that was locked and my first few posts in that thread was mentioning the fact that i thought TD's were Roshe's. It really isn't that crazy to be confused, especially when you don't follow anything Yeezy related. The silhouette and soft upper is practically the same!! Until you have them in hand, of course.
Yes. It's really not an age thing at all. If anything people in their 40's and the millennials that followed (that I am a part of) have the shared the same interests closer than any age/generation group in a long while.

I can barely keep up with the teens and whatever they are into. Doesn't make me old, just that as I am oldER my priorities are not to keep up with the latest and greatest.

Thanks grabbed the eqt boost Ive been eyeing
Good pick up. I wish I sat on those until they went on sale. But I thought they were going to be just as hype as the UBs so I didn't want to miss my chance on them.

I appreciate the older silhouette with a boost sole. Best of the old and the new. I guess newer generation folk don't like anything retro other than Jordans.

Doesn't make me old, just that as I am oldER my priorities are not to keep up with the latest and greatest.

This is my life right here. Couldn't have said it any better. I definitely don't feel and look old, so i tend to say I'm old as if I'm superior to the younger crowd. Not at all. I'm just old when it comes to NT standards.

Good pick up. I wish I sat on those until they went on sale. But I thought they were going to be just as hype as the UBs so I didn't want to miss my chance on them.

I appreciate the older silhouette with a boost sole. Best of the old and the new. I guess newer generation folk don't like anything retro other than Jordans.

You get the green or black white. How do they fit? I had to grab a 12. Im always between 12 or 13 but 12 was biggest they had.

Knowledgeable on sneakers is a bit different than being in the know on sneakers and while still having a mindset that can accept varying degrees of opinions and views. And when you add fashion to the mix there's no excuse to be offended when someone calls yeezy's rosches.

Not only were the 350's not even close to the initial rise of athleisure on fashion at large, but to a casual onlooker the differences are all stylistic. Rosches went from selling out, to being in marshalls and department stores all before the first pair of kanye's boosts came out. 

To throw some personal opinion in, its even worse when every color way of models of shoes is becoming limited.

It still attracts the mega sneaker head but it's alienating everyone even slightly casual. I'm still lowkey waiting to watch this bubble burst.

Knowledgeable on sneakers is a bit different than being in the know on sneakers and while still having a mindset that can accept varying degrees of opinions and views. And when you add fashion to the mix there's no excuse to be offended when someone calls yeezy's rosches.

Not only were the 350's not even close to the initial rise of athleisure on fashion at large, but to a casual onlooker the differences are all stylistic. Rosches went from selling out, to being in marshalls and department stores all before the first pair of kanye's boosts came out. 

To throw some personal opinion in, its even worse when every color way of models of shoes is becoming limited.
It still attracts the mega sneaker head but it's alienating everyone even slightly casual. I'm still lowkey waiting to watch this bubble burst.

I cant take you serious and im gonna ask you to guess why.

:lol:

I mean all I can tell you is I don't want to be taken 'serious' on a forum I legit read but post on like once in a blue moon but ok.

This current "sneaker game" has definitely alienated me. Quickly moving away from this part of life because of the hoops you have to jump through. I just don't have what it takes to get shoes these days. Its either pay resell (which i do a lot but not as frequently as i use to) or get someone like tankdayglo tankdayglo who looked out for me with the oop.

The more exclusive, the more I tend to go away from that said shoe. TD's were an exception, but I literally put in 10 minutes (if that) of work and got lucky.

I see a lot of exclusives out there that just make me shake my head.

750's being exhibit A. I'll never understand. Nor should I have to. They just aint for me. Quite possibly the ugliest shoe to ever be created, but there are those that would kill for a pair. Its what makes life great.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If it were farther from the spelling I'd go change it. I've seen more suspect spelling of actual real words on this forum though so I'll leave it be.

You get the green or black white. How do they fit? I had to grab a 12. Im always between 12 or 13 but 12 was biggest they had.
Both....lol. I got .5 sz down from my UB size because I have a narrow foot and the toe box is bigger than the UB.

Feels more like a NMD than an UB though. But great shoe at the price you got it for. kinda Jealous.

Let's just agree to disagree. We all have different opinions. I myself did not understand the hype with 350's because at first sight they look like Roshe ripoffs. Then I saw them personally and realized that the quality is better. Then what came after is the resell price until I learned to accept it and move on from that shoe. I will refuse to pay resell for a shoe that has a high value because of hype and not because of quality and comfort.

Both....lol. I got .5 sz down from my UB size because I have a narrow foot and the toe box is bigger than the UB.

Feels more like a NMD than an UB though. But great shoe at the price you got it for. kinda Jealous.

Thanks for the info. I literally almost bought them yesterday for 159 but held off. I went with the green black ones. I like the white black but there wasnt enough contrast. I still want them hopefully done the line. Which do you prefer

Thanks for the info. I literally almost bought them yesterday for 159 but held off. I went with the green black ones. I like the white black but there wasnt enough contrast. I still want them hopefully done the line. Which do you prefer
Well I got both because I prefer both hahah. But I like the Green Black ones if I had to choose since those are the OG color way of the EQT. But if I wanna be mellow and neutral with my colors, the white/blacks are there for me.

Once I get my mesh NMD and mesh pure boost ZGs, I'll have my in-depth post comparing all the boosts I have.

Gutted I missed that BNY drop last night. Can't catch a break on this SB release.

Might have to start looking into selling a kidney or something, if only my organs were DS.

Back
Top Bottom