ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Right but there's a big difference between wearing your shoes in the warm rain & submerging them in hot water while slamming them against the inside of a metal barrel for 30 minutes.
I would not call 85 degrees hot water, nor would I expect the movement of a washing machine to cause damage such as the boost turning brown or fabric bleeding.  Don't get me wrong, I don't wash my shoes in the machine ever, but I still have not seen anyone post a reasonable explanation for how bad those shoes turned out.

Last edited:
31QJTbfhD9L._SL200_SY260_CR0,0,200,260_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B00E4I4XV6
herres a pack of no show socks, with amazon prime

Missed the delivery of my OGs i ordered from
germany. Tomorrow cant come soon enough. MLB the Show + OG Ultra Boosts. Just hoping they fit ok

I would not call 85 degrees hot water, nor would I expect the movement of a washing machine to cause damage such as the boost turning brown or fabric bleeding.  Don't get me wrong, I don't wash my shoes in the machine ever, but I still have not seen anyone post a reasonable explanation for how bad those shoes turned out.
For a washing machine it's pretty warm.

I'm not saying it explains why they came out the way they did, I was mainly trying to say that washing UBs in warm water is an awful idea. There aren't really any real world examples that would reproduce the conditions of the inside of a warm washing machine.

I'm not saying it explains why they came out the way they did, I was mainly trying to say that washing UBs in warm water is an awful idea. There aren't really any real world examples that would reproduce the conditions of the inside of a warm washing machine.
Agreed.  Though if I wore my UBs to Disneyworld or on vacation to somewhere tropical, and it rained most of the day so my shoes stayed soaked and hot from my 98 degree feet, that could be harsher than the washer in some ways.  It would stress and pull the knit in different directions as well as constantly compressing the boost.  Especially given the pricepoint, I'd be massively pissed if they got ruined in those conditions.  They are sports shoes, after all, and the world can be a harsh place.  

Now is when we need some intrepid sneaker mythbuster to wash his UBs on maximum heat to see how they come out. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Agreed.  Though if I wore my UBs to Disneyworld or on vacation to somewhere tropical, and it rained most of the day so my shoes stayed soaked and hot from my 98 degree feet, that could be harsher than the washer in some ways.  It would stress and pull the knit in different directions as well as constantly compressing the boost.  Especially given the pricepoint, I'd be massively pissed if they got ruined in those conditions.  They are shoes, after all, and the world can be a harsh place.  

Now is when we need some intrepid sneaker mythbuster to wash his UBs on maximum heat to see how they come out. 
roll.gif
Haven't you ever read the fine print on the UB box label bro? "Void in case of Disneyland".

Haven't you ever read the fine print on the UB box label bro? "Void in case of Disneyland".
LOL.  All this talk makes me think of my young sons who are big time sneakerheads.  They'll hit me in the morning for a weather check before choosing what to wear.  If it's going to be wet, they'll sometimes take some beaters in a grocery bag for recess and then change back into their Kobes or KDs for class.  They have no respect for their friends with nice kicks who trash them. 
smile.gif

I may cop those Y-3 joints for that 275 bc i can't see myself paying all that resell for the ultra boosts i want.

Back
Top Bottom