ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

They're Y-3 Pure Boost. They released back in 2014 shortly after the OG's but the whole upper was neoprene which were way more comfortable but the price tag was high of course. They just re-released these with small twists. 
Ah I gotcha.

Sidetone but it sucks how hard it is to find a pair of OG pure boosts nowadays. Mine are beat to absolute ****, and I'd love a new pair. all the other shoes in the "pure boost" line are pretty ugly to me

They're Y-3 Pure Boost. They released back in 2014 shortly after the OG's but the whole upper was neoprene which were way more comfortable but the price tag was high of course. They just re-released these with small twists. 

Ah I gotcha.

Sidetone but it sucks how hard it is to find a pair of OG pure boosts nowadays. Mine are beat to absolute ****, and I'd love a new pair. all the other shoes in the "pure boost" line are pretty ugly to me

Up until about a month ago they still had them available on miadidas to customize.

Last edited:
Literally
Up until about a month ago they still had them available on miadidas to customize.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I totally forgot they did! and FUUUUUUUUUU I can't believe they took them down now that I had completely forgotten hahaha smh

Also. Here are my UB UC in a size 9.5 from the convo earlier bought from my local champs

Top pic is the one shoe with 3 nips and bottom is the other with 4
Sorry, I'm new to this. What do you mean 3 or 4 nips?

Sorry, I'm new to this. What do you mean 3 or 4 nips?
Along the boost there are vertical columns of little nubs aka nips. They almost look like a nipple or just a dot on the boost. In most cases they come in columns with 4 nips, but there are pairs where the columns only have 3 nips.
Just checked my other pairs. Literally every one has 3 nips on the boost heel. Tank you trippin
laugh.gif
For some reason everyone thinks I'm only talking about the heel area, I'm not, I'm talking about the length of the boost. The heel area often has 3 nips.

Just checked 10 pairs of my UBs and every one had 4 nips along the majority of the boost and some on the heel have 3.

The nips on the heel are not what's important.

Last edited:

Along the boost there are vertical columns of little nubs aka nips. They almost look like a nipple or In most cases they come in columns with 4 nips, but there are pairs where the columns only have 3 nips.

For some reason everyone thinks I'm only talking about the heel area, I'm not, I'm talking about the length of the boost. The heel area often has 3 nips.

Just checked 10 pairs of my UBs and every one had 4 nips along the majority of the boost and some on the heel have 3.

what about the pics I posted of having 3 on both sides of one shoe and 4 on both sides of the other?

Along the boost there are vertical columns of little nubs aka nips. They almost look like a nipple or just a dot on the boost. In most cases they come in columns with 4 nips, but there are pairs where the columns only have 3 nips.

Ah makes sense. I think because of the original pic you quoted along with the 3v4 comment a lot of us assumed you meant on the heel.

Not sure, presumably the two boost units came from different machines/molds. Possibly even different factories. Not sure what the exact production flow is, but BASF makes the raw boost in their own factories then sends it to adidas for them to make the various sole units out of. I wouldn't be surprised if the boost units are molded by adidas in factories that are separate from those that actually assemble the shoe, so it wouldn't be outlandish for two boost units from two different factories or machines to end up on the same pair of shoes.

Essentially the difference in number of nips must have to do with the mold the boost units are coming out of. I'd bet some of the newer molds only result w/ boost that has 3 nips. It's not a sizing thing, the number of nips won't change for smaller sizes since the thickness of the boost unit is always the same & length isn't going to affect the nips.

It might be interesting to look into the production dates on pairs that have 3 nips...

Last edited:
I can definitely agree with all of this. I just wanted to clear up for those who may be worried about their pickups from retailers being legit, or not. Because before now we, including myself, made a pretty consistent blanket statement that said it only happened to shoes in smaller sizes. And that it most likely is Not legit due to fewer nubs/nips.

Yeah I was under that impression as well until today and I'm mainly conceding that it's possible for 3 nip boost to be legit based on other people's words, not my own experience, most of those who claimed to have pairs w/ 3 nips still haven't posted pics of them.

I've still never bought or seen in person a pair with 3 nips and I own at least 18 pairs of UBs, stopped counting a little while ago haha. I even checked some uncaged I have and they both have 4 nips as well.

Maybe those 3 nip pairs are more rare 
laugh.gif

edit - and just to clarify, I'm not talking about the heel area of the boost, but rather the sides where the full columns are.

Last edited:

Yeah I was under that impression as well until today and I'm mainly conceding that it's possible for 3 nip boost to be legit based on other people's words, not my own experience, most of those who claimed to have pairs w/ 3 nips still haven't posted pics of them.

I've still never bought or seen in person a pair with 3 nips and I own at least 18 pairs of UBs, stopped counting a little while ago haha. I even checked some uncaged I have and they both have 4 nips as well.

Maybe those 3 nip pairs are more rare 
laugh.gif
Shoot.... I must have found a unicorn then 
laugh.gif

Got my shock mint from sweatshop last week and just noticed this:

It's shedding a little by the upper left toe area.  Should I use those battery powered Asian lint removal tool on it?  Does it happen a lot on the PK?

Also noticed the right and left doesn't match exactly:

Seems to be a common occurrence.  

Does the UB sold outside of the US include 2 extra tags in addition to the Continental tag?

Got my shock mint from sweatshop last week and just noticed this:

View media item 2121187
It's shedding a little by the upper left toe area.  Should I use those battery powered Asian lint removal tool on it?  Does it happen a lot on the PK?

Also noticed the right and left doesn't match exactly:
View media item 2121196
Seems to be a common occurrence.  

Does the UB sold outside of the US include 2 extra tags in addition to the Continental tag?

How long did your order take to arrive from sweatshop?

Can I get a legit check on these

Price is 170.. seems to good to be true.. brand new too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom