ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dropped into a Champs real quick and as I'm looking around an employee says, "yo what size you wear bro?" (I guess because I'm wearing 3Ms). Caught off guard, I replied "10" and he says, "ah I got some size 10.5 creams I'm tryna sell."

Good business practice.
nerd.gif
 and 
mean.gif

Last edited:

Depends if he selling the creams from the back or from his personal collection. Either way I would've went with it to find out if you should've told his/her manager of their side hustle.

Then that dude can resell shoes Full-Time.
Lol, I don't doubt they were from his personal collection (which were likely backdoored). Either way, it was just funny to casually push the resell while at work. I don't frequent the store much, and also didn't have the energy to engage further aside from letting him know I'm good.

Lol, I don't doubt they were from his personal collection (which were likely backdoored). Either way, it was just funny to casually push the resell while at work. I don't frequent the store much, and also didn't have the energy to engage further aside from letting him know I'm good.
Well it woulda been dope if it was a lost pair from the back he was trying to make commission off of. Similar situation for me when I bought creams. Went upstairs to the FTL to see if they had navys, no worries if they didn't and the kid was like hey we got them Ultraboost in the back for you, lmk your size.

There are employees that got your back so they can come up on the commission but in your case it looked like a dude who was tryna side hustle on the clock.

How'd you size them, I know it says half size down from UBs but you also mentioned "if the UBs are snug" so is it size down half because UBs are snug and had to be sized up by half or half size down is just perfect length-wise?

But I got to say, with my high in-step and UBs less forgiving upper, I could fit in a size 9-10 without any problems and 10 while 9.5 is probably the sweet spot, 9 is the perfect length though and would be great if the upper were a little bit more pliable.

Well it all depends of width of foot and/or length. I half down sized from my UB size for length. UBs have a more narrow toe box so my 2 thru 5th toe will almost hit the side of the toe box.

EQTs have a wider toe box so you don't have to .5sz up from your 'TTS'. Reason I quote that is because TTS is subjective to how folks want their shoes to feel. But with a .5sz down from UB, you'll get the same length as UBs, just more wiggle room in the Toe Box.

Sounds good, I'd probably give a 9.5 a shot, that'll probably work and just wear thicker socks if too roomy, rather have it slightly bigger than slightly tighter.

Does it look bulky in person? The UB ST looks far more bulkier than the regular UB to me.

Last edited:

Well it woulda been dope if it was a lost pair from the back he was trying to make commission off of. Similar situation for me when I bought creams. Went upstairs to the FTL to see if they had navys, no worries if they didn't and the kid was like hey we got them Ultraboost in the back for you, lmk your size.

There are employees that got your back so they can come up on the commission but in your case it looked like a dude who was tryna side hustle on the clock.
No doubt, woulda been an amazing come up. But, considering they have no UBs in stock (along with the few other times I've been there), I'm 99.9% sure it was just hustle. That and the overall experience/vibe. He was literally feet from walking out the door when it happened.

My silver medals finally came in, the toebox is a tad loud with the sparkling silver but I dig em enough for 154 shipped.

\

Sounds good, I'd probably give a 9.5 a shot, that'll probably work and just wear thicker socks if too roomy, rather have it slightly bigger than slightly tighter.

Does it look bulky in person? The UB ST looks far more bulkier than the regular UB to me.
They don't look bulky to me on-foot. @NonHeinous took a photo on-foot a few pages back.

Definitely a better silhouette than the STs. The STs would have to be miles ahead of regular UBs for me to cop those. Not tryna invest $180 in a shoe that is just 'ok' for me.

No doubt, woulda been an amazing come up. But, considering they have no UBs in stock (along with the few other times I've been there), I'm 99.9% sure it was just hustle. That and the overall experience/vibe. He was literally feet from walking out the door when it happened.
Shoe Palace, pretty much every single one in the Bay is like this.

I remember asking politely if they had any UBs in stock and some little bruh-boy employee walked past my conversation with the employee in the front and just yelled out 'naw we don't got thems bruh' and proceeded to walk to the backroom.

Like cool man, I appreciate you giving me the time or at least know what specific UB/CW I am looking for to see if they got it at another store. top notch folks that work there.

Just got my Gold Medals in and they are much nicer in person than I expected. The leather cage and tongue are what essentially made me cop, and it does not disappoint. The tongue and cage are thick, high quality leather that is as smooth as butter. I did notice that my Golds do have some scratches on the gold heel cup (although none of my Silvers do) but its nothing you can notice on feet at all. And for those who were still wondering, the upper is the same exact as the Core Black 2.0. I know there was some back and forth a few weeks ago in the thread as to whether it is lighter or darker than CB 2.0, but having both in hand I can confirm that they are the same upper. The gradient upper on these actually make the black leather cage pop since the primeknit is not fully black but shades of black, charcoal, and navy. I’m definitely glad I was able to cop the Golds since they are nearly impossible to cop now, but the Silvers still remain my favorites of the Medal Pack. 

with a .5sz down from UB, you'll get the same length as UBs, just more wiggle room in the Toe Box.
Can't agree anymore. Size down 0,5 from UB fits perfect.
Bye the way, i absolutely love my eqt 93/16 in white grey.
The mix of the 90's style with 2016 boost technology is just awesome.

Can't agree anymore. Size down 0,5 from UB fits perfect.
Bye the way, i absolutely love my eqt 93/16 in white grey.
The mix of the 90's style with 2016 boost technology is just awesome.
this is exactly why I got them and absolutely don't mind them coming out with more classics with Boost midsoles.

Mixing old with the new but not an NMD lol. They literally took classics that were not as iconic as Gazelles / Superstars / Sambas / etc.

I was able to snag Gold's for $250 over the past weekend. If from a member in here, much appreciated my El Paso friend.

Ended up flipping my $170 bronzes which ended up resulting in needing to add in $34 from the profit amount made on them. Essentially landing the Gold's for $4 above MSRP :smile:

Almost tempted to cop Golds at the current resale rate being that it's so low for an LTD. Only a matter of time before they go up
Yeah they were reaching 300+ at one point then dropped but they are definitely going to go way up in the near future once the small drops/restocks dry up.

The leather cage is what keeps calling me if it wasn't for that I would let em go.  I don't wanna drop 250 but I might have to.

I was able to snag Gold's for $250 over the past weekend. If from a member in here, much appreciated my El Paso friend.

Ended up flipping my $170 bronzes which ended up resulting in needing to add in $34 from the profit amount made on them. Essentially landing the Gold's for $4 above MSRP
smile.gif
Good deal, that worked out perfectly. I wish they would add the original knit UB's to MiAdidas so we could customize and make our own colorways.

The leather cage is what pushed me over the edge on the Golds completely and what made me cop. I was expecting thin floppy leather, but to my surprise it is crazy good quality and really thick and noticeable in person.

Does boost harden over time, or are V1 UBs more firm feeling (when you like squeeze the boost) vs. V2s? My OG Purps are my only v1s, and I own Creams, MCs, and Golds. All 3 of the newer pairs' boost soles feel a lot squishier and softer to the touch. That being said, my OGs without a doubt have exponentially more miles on them compared to any of my other pairs.

Does this "hardening" of the boost have to do with the model or how much wear the shoe has? Has anyone else noticed this?

Does boost harden over time, or are V1 UBs more firm feeling (when you like squeeze the boost) vs. V2s? My OG Purps are my only v1s, and I own Creams, MCs, and Golds. All 3 of the newer pairs' boost soles feel a lot squishier and softer to the touch. That being said, my OGs without a doubt have exponentially more miles on them compared to any of my other pairs.

Does this "hardening" of the boost have to do with the model or how much wear the shoe has? Has anyone else noticed this?
Yeah I know what you're talking about. I notice it with all my older 1.0s as well. Definitely has more to do with how old they are rather than the miles on em

My Silvers LTDs I brought to disneyland have far less 'bounce' than a new pair 1.0 or 2.0 that I have.

I unDSed a pair of Navy 1.0s this past weekend and they have as much bounce as a 2.0 pair.

Seems like one the boost conforms to your foot, there isn't much feedback anymore. They still a comfortable pair of shoes still just not as 'bouncy' as when it was new.

Back
Top Bottom