ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what on Gods green earth would make you think that 2.0 is any cheaper to produce than 1.0?

people guessing out here.

if I had to pick, i'd say the knit on the 2.0 is more expensive to make for the simple fact that it's thicker. the gradients also had a drastic color split so i'd say that too.

anyone see any dark color pairs preferably black or navy pairs for under retail with coupons or discounts? can be 1.0 or 2.0 for a size 8 or 8.5

appreciate it

Last edited:
all speculation. even if one is more or less expensive than the other to produce, i highly doubt that the shot caller at adidas looked at the reports and made the decision to immediately stop production of the 1.0 and push the 2.0

but your opinion is respected
Yep its just speculation based on the industry and what I've seen, not absolute.  Now that I think of it, what would better explain the sudden switch from 1.0 to 2.0 would be the long leadtime it took to produce the knit 
mean.gif
 If I was the "shot caller" or the head of the merch team and my team was reporting cancelations from key accounts due to repeated delays of Ultra Boost deliveries I would find a solution immediately.  I'm basing that on internal info regarding the many canceled or delayed drops from big retailers such as RRS, Richard's, Hibbet's, and Holabird.

anyone see any dark color pairs preferably black or navy pairs for under retail with coupons or discounts? can be 1.0 or 2.0 for a size 8 or 8.5

appreciate it
You're like 2 days too late.

Edit: 3 hours too late

Last edited:
I really like 3.0.

I missed the 1.0 wave and 2.0 is really meh at best so 3.0 is new and exciting for me.

The change from the 1.0 to the 2.0 knit wasn't sudden at all. Adidas had these different knits planned well in advance. UBs wouldn't be as popular as they are without Adidas switching things up. They had a good thing going with the 1.0 and decided to feed off of that. Props to them for having the good sense to come up with something new while hype is still strong unlike Nike does with most models where they'll just ride the wave of a popular model until it's popularity is almost completely drained. The Roshe is a good example. They rode that wave as long as they possibly could which was a good 4 years before someone over there said "Ok guys, Roshe sales are dropping so time to design a sequel." My point being that we're a little under 2 years into UBs and even you 1.0 activists would get tired of that knit eventually if it had been produced long enough.

I really like 3.0.

I missed the 1.0 wave and 2.0 is really meh at best so 3.0 is new and exciting for me.
solid color 3.0 is awesome. idc bout the translucent cage. but if they start making that CNY kind of cw im pissed off.

Does anyone know if hypebeast UBs fit the same as Solebox?
I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure they don't. People were all surprised at how big the SBs fit.

The HBs are basically just the CB 1.0 uncaged, same exact build except for the continental sole. SBs on the other hand actually have slightly different construction, the inner plastic piece on the toebox is adhered differently and there's a whole support system for the laces on the interior of the shoe that doesn't exist on other UBs. It has the same sole but it feels different from all my other colorways.

My understanding is that HBs are literally just the 1.0 build uncaged.

I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure they don't. People were all surprised at how big the SBs fit.

The HBs are basically just the CB 1.0 uncaged, same exact build except for the continental sole. SBs on the other hand actually have slightly different construction, the inner plastic piece on the toebox is adhered differently and there's a whole support system for the laces on the interior of the shoe that doesn't exist on other UBs. It has the same sole but it feels different from all my other colorways.

My understanding is that HBs are literally just the 1.0 build uncaged.

Thanks man... SBs fit huge... I went true to size and had to sell them... If I ever buy another pair I think I will need to full size down....

3.0 looks better in solid form. But I still think 2.0>3.0 not saying 3.0 is horrible...But I'm not a big fan.
1.0 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3.0 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2.0

happy.gif

I think people who don't like 3.0 don't like a more modern, stylized model. 1.0 is very classic in appearance while the 3.0 is more edgy.

I love the frosted cage.. it's awesome. The print is just so so because I think we've seen alot of similar use but still ok to me.

Back
Top Bottom