ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we're being technical it still hasn't even been 2 years since the UB debuted in early 2015.

Regardless, I don't see why them being a couple years old means adidas should move on.

I still like Air Max 90s and Nike still produces them.

If/when adidas does a UB 2 I'll be very curious and will most likely cop but will probably continue buying og UBs that adidas continues to make nonetheless.

I think the model still has a long way to go.

I'd be cool with them releasing a few new 1.0 colorways here and there. But make a new flagship runner as well.

Last edited:
I'd be cool with them releasing a few new 1.0 colorways here and there. But make a new flagship runner as well.
At the end of the day I think you gotta accept that you've just grown tired of the UB, but that doesn't mean it'd be remotely logical for adidas to move on from it as well.

racers isnt nikes only flyknit model. you know nike does make flyknit 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0
Adidas makes a bunch of boost / primeknit shoes too, but I'm comparing Flyknit Racer to Ultra Boost.   Yes, Nike makes Nike Free Run 1.0, 2.0, Lunar Epic, etc. - just like Adidas makes Pure Boost, ZG, EQT, ST, etc. 

The Flyknit Racer debuted in 2013, and hasn't really changed in the 3-4 years since release.  That was my point. 

Do you like NMDs?  They've already released a re-designed XR1 NMD or whatever they are called, with a completely different design than the original NMDs. 

At the end of the day I think you gotta accept that you've just grown tired of the UB, but that doesn't mean it'd be remotely logical for adidas to move on from it as well.

I want adidas to make the equivalent of the Air Max BW. Doesn't mean I'm tired of the Air Max 90. I would hate if they changed the pattern of the upper on the Air Max 90 and remade the same colorways for two more years instead of making the BW and the 180.

Do you like NMDs?  They've already released a re-designed XR1 NMD or whatever they are called, with a completely different design than the original NMDs. 

I love the original nomad (which was widely panned in this thread). I haven't liked any of the alterred models.

I love the original nomad (which was widely panned in this thread). I haven't liked any of the alterred models.
You calling them nomads invalidates all your arguments thus far 
roll.gif

Adidas makes a bunch of boost / primeknit shoes too, but I'm comparing Flyknit Racer to Ultra Boost.   Yes, Nike makes Nike Free Run 1.0, 2.0, Lunar Epic, etc. - just like Adidas makes Pure Boost, ZG, EQT, ST, etc. 

The Flyknit Racer debuted in 2013, and hasn't really changed in the 3-4 years since release.  That was my point. 
well your original post was saying nike don't make running shoes every year and name them with a number next to them, but they do is what he's saying. 

Last edited:
I hope people are just posting opinions on brands, because both are doing well, adidas just went past underarmor again finally (and not thanks to the niche sneakers we collect) and Nike is literally still destroying. And that won't change with a new yeezy.

I mean I know business is fun to discuss but don't let your wall of ultra boosts or jordans sway your opinion too much, mary sue buying her yoga pants is stiill adidas and nikes bread and butter.

ANYWHO.

Not sure if this is a thing but adidas legit just shipped my 3m ultraboosts with no email confirmation, no tracking, literally nothing since the paypal confirmation. The paypal email even says they won't take the money out till the product is confirmed. THey took the money with no confirmation.

I just came home to them.

Last edited:
Some of y'all expecting too much from Adidas.

They just became relevant or even remotely relevant vs. Nike just about a year-year and a half ago.

For them to be at an approaching 3.0 in a successful model is a big accomplishment.

They kind of did themselves in with a price point of $180. It'll only go up higher from there when they come out with the "better/updated" UB model or new flagship shoe.

Adidas knocked it out the park man. They are killing it right now. I can't believe some are tired of it already.

Because they're called NMDs. Nomad is not a "more technical" name for them or whatever your justification for calling them that may be, even though it's what people who want to look smart/in the know often call them.

NMDs were always marketed as something conducive to a "nomadic lifestyle" but were never actually called nomads. I just think it's silly when people try to use it as a more proper name for the shoe because it's just not accurate.

And don't post some boutique product page that shows they called them nomads to try and prove me wrong, boutiques don't know ****.

Last edited:
Because they're called NMDs. Nomad is not a "more technical" name for them or whatever your justification for calling them that may be, even though it's what people who want to look smart/in the know often call them.

NMDs were always marketed as something conducive to a "nomadic lifestyle" but were never actually called nomads. I just think it's silly when people try to use it as a more proper name for the shoe because it's just not accurate.

And don't post some boutique product page that shows they called them nomads to try and prove me wrong, boutiques don't know ****.

Nomad is easier to type when on autocorrect.

Not tired. Just hate 2.0 and 3.0 and would like adidas to put effort into the next thing. They are wasting resources right now.
This is just your opinion. I was in on UBs quite early and am a huge fan of the 1.0, but I really like the 3.0 too and feel like it can exist right alongside the 1.0. I'm really excited they've introduced a new knit actually, with new design options.

adidas is milking it tho by releasing the same colorways carried over to the next knit pattern. but i see that as giving newly introduced people a chance to buy the old colorway on a new knit pattern 

Back
Top Bottom