ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yup but people always prefer to blame others rather than their own bad behaviors....

I agree with this statement and agree with what I believe is your main point. The sneaker head community can largely eliminate the resell market by saying no. With that said it will never happen. We got folks who feel this overpowering "need" to have a certain sneaker. They have to have it or their life is somehow adversely affected. So when they can't get the shoe at retail they pay extra so they can calm the monster inside their mind. It is a behavior issue. It's the I have to have that at all costs syndrome.

I'm probably the oldest guy in this forum so I see things a little differently and many people won't agree with me. That's ok. I love the RC colorway. I'd love to have a pair. I'll probably strike out. I won't pay resell just to have them. Ultimately it's just another color of a shoe. I'll find other colors in the future that I can buy at retail and enjoy every bit as much as the RC.

I do also believe that the sneaker companies play a major role in this resell market as well. They could make more RC for example but they won't ....why? Build hype. I get it. It's good marketing but it's not the most gracious way to treat your customers.

Just my two cents from the old guy perspective. I hope everyone that wants a pair of RC can get them. Good luck.

Dude. They're legit. Stop pushing the nipple debate. Some have 3, some have 4. Done.

I can also tell you good fakes of the SNS collab DO NOT exist. 
Yeah, I've had pairs with both- nipple count doesn't dictate authenticity. The boost itself is more important when trying to determine

I'm probably the oldest guy in this forum so I see things a little differently and many people won't agree with me. That's ok. I love the RC colorway. I'd love to have a pair. I'll probably strike out. I won't pay resell just to have them. Ultimately it's just another color of a shoe. I'll find other colors in the future that I can buy at retail and enjoy every bit as much as the RC.
+1,  "New Slaves" keep the hype/demand up.  

I've never paid resale, and probably never will.  If I don't get a pair, on to the next one.  

Slowly getting around to un-deadstocking each pair.

Wool Greys today
nthat.gif

Heading to NYC and DC in 2 weeks. Plan on copping some UBs. Any recommendations on shops to hit? Never been to the city before.

Also, ADC is adidas.com correct?

I agree with this statement and agree with what I believe is your main point. The sneaker head community can largely eliminate the resell market by saying no. With that said it will never happen. We got folks who feel this overpowering "need" to have a certain sneaker. They have to have it or their life is somehow adversely affected. So when they can't get the shoe at retail they pay extra so they can calm the monster inside their mind. It is a behavior issue. It's the I have to have that at all costs syndrome.

Another old dude here and I agree with your take.  I think the internet is a huge part of it all since many people are buying specifically to stunt on IG and FB.  Back in the 80s and 90s, you bought shoes to actually wear outside and maybe show off to your friends.  Having 50 pairs of DS shoes in the closet made no sense for the majority of folks since nobody knew about it except a buddy or two who you'd invite over.  Now there is so much pressure to get in with the latest hot sneaks and show them off online, regardless of whether you plan to wear them.  Resellers are just taking advantage of the situation that market demand creates.  Not that I'm being critical of anyone and how they spend their money, but so many people have helped create this game and then complain about it.  Showing off all their limiteds and collabs one day and soaking up the praise, then complaining the next day that resale prices are crazy. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Another old dude here and I agree with your take.  I think the internet is a huge part of it all since many people are buying specifically to stunt on IG and FB.  Back in the 80s and 90s, you bought shoes to actually wear outside and maybe show off to your friends.  Having 50 pairs of DS shoes in the closet made no sense for the majority of folks since nobody knew about it except a buddy or two who you'd invite over.  Now there is so much pressure to get in with the latest hot sneaks and show them off online, regardless of whether you plan to wear them.  Resellers are just taking advantage of the situation that market demand creates.  Not that I'm being critical of anyone and how they spend their money, but so many people have helped create this game and then complain about it.  Showing off all their limiteds and collabs one day and soaking up the praise, then complaining the next day that resale prices are crazy. :rofl:  

Agree with a lot of this. That addictive collectors mindset of the sneakerhead is what drives it all. Glad I got it all out my system before the adidas train started picking up. Other wise I know I'd have damn near 20 black based ultra boosts and 30 black based NMDs with 90% of them staying DS because I can't be bothered to break in practically the same shoe over again. The exact problem I ran into when I started phasing out of collecting during the Jordan era.

Resell is crazy because hype makes people think that these 3 are drastically different colors ways and can't be styled the same exact way. I know a few people personally have or want to have all 3 of these. All the power to them.
View media item 2220198View media item 2220199View media item 2220202

Last edited:
team retail or bust. Too many cw's of the same model to fret over.

The only kicks I'd consider paying resell for are yeezy's and even then I rather just wait for the next drop and hope I get lucky.

I like the RC's, definitely been a fan of theirs since forever. Their clothing are top notch. I still have pieces from back in the day that look just as new. If I get them cool, if not...

Hot damn...  I went a few pages back and it was all debate about resell?  
laugh.gif

Honestly tho...

Until I try Shake Shack (probably next week in Vegas)

In n Out > WhataBurger > Freddy's > Five Guys

White Castle is probably the worst burger I have tried...  The local burger joint back in the Philippines (Burger Machine) is better than that garbage.

Sit down burgers, Slaters 50/50 wins for me LOL

team retail or bust. Too many cw's of the same model to fret over.

The only kicks I'd consider paying resell for are yeezy's and even then I rather just wait for the next drop and hope I get lucky.

I like the RC's, definitely been a fan of theirs since forever. Their clothing are top notch. I still have pieces from back in the day that look just as new. If I get them cool, if not...
This is probably the main reason belugas resell has dipped at around 600+  That and quantity compared to others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom