ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
View media item 2412443
Was in the market for some Ultra Boost but someone recommended these to me. Can anyone school me on these Alphabounce(?) and how they are? Most comfortable shoe I've ever owned has been some Roshe Calypso, so I'm guessing these would be an upgrade on them. How do they compare to Ultra Boost?

View media item 2412443
Was in the market for some Ultra Boost but someone recommended these to me. Can anyone school me on these Alphabounce(?) and how they are? Most comfortable shoe I've ever owned has been some Roshe Calypso, so I'm guessing these would be an upgrade on them. How do they compare to Ultra Boost?

I'm literally wearing these sneakers as I type this. A lot of people will say boost is more comfortable than bounce but to me they're just 2 very different kinds of comfort. Boost is more squishy and bounce is a firmer ride. But firmer than boost doesn't mean really firm either. They just have more "bounce"' them than boost does and they get significantly more comfortable as you break them in. That's when you truly get to sense how comfortabek they are. A lot of people in this thread won't consign that though because they're not as comfortable out of the box like boost is.

I'm literally wearing these sneakers as I type this. A lot of people will say boost is more comfortable than bounce but to me they're just 2 very different kinds of comfort. Boost is more squishy and bounce is a firmer ride. But firmer than boost doesn't mean really firm either. They just have more "bounce"' them than boost does and they get significantly more comfortable as you break them in. That's when you truly get to sense how comfortabek they are. A lot of people in this thread won't consign that though because they're not as comfortable out of the box like boost is.

I have them too... Not as responsive as boost but a really comfy sneaker. They're as comfy, or more comfy than Roshe's though. I need to put more wear time on my Aramis. Might need to bust them out this weekend :wink:

I had pairs of both rc.

3.0 version is
pimp.gif

1.0 sold off both pairs. I was never really feeling them. I think it's because I'm not into the whole mixed color scheme.

Yes I'm in the minority I know.
Nah i'm with u. Not loving my RC 1.0 Just not feeling the pattern. I like my Rc 3.0 better and I usually don't like 3.0 at all

I have them too... Not as responsive as boost but a really comfy sneaker. They're as comfy, or more comfy than Roshe's though. I need to put more wear time on my Aramis. Might need to bust them out this weekend :wink:

I think they're more responsive than boost. As in they have more bounce and spring. Boost is just a softer/squishier material

I def don't think they're more responsive, sole is super thick on them.

It's a good shoe but all in all, Ultra Boost is WAY more comfy.

Also the fit is very weird on alpha bounce, very long & narrow shoe.

Last edited:
The AB is good for a $100 shoe. Don't expect much else. But for thre price, it's solid. Not a competitor to UB's and that's a good thing cause itl have a different place in your rotation

I def don't think they're more responsive, sole is super thick on them.

It's a good shoe but all in all, Ultra Boost is WAY more comfy.

Also the fit is very weird on alpha bounce, very long & narrow shoe.

I think we might view responsiveness as different things. For me responsiveness is the push back, how the sole responds back to your weight and force applied. For me since boost is a softer plusher material it absorbs that force a lot more so it's less responsive. If that makes sense lol also keep in mind I'm a large guy. 6'4" and 240lbs. That characteristic is what makes a lot of people say boost is more comfortable but for heavier guys in general, or atleast for me that starts to hurt after long wears which is why if I know I'm gonna be sneakers all day I'll choose the firmer ride. And because of that my alpha bounces have broken in extremely well

Last edited:
I think we might view responsiveness as different things. For me responsiveness is the push back, how the sole responds back to your weight and force applied. For me since boost is a softer plusher material it absorbs that force a lot more so it's less responsive. If that makes sense lol also keep in mind I'm a large guy. 6'4" and 240lbs. That characteristic is what makes a lot of people say boost is more comfortable but for heavier guys in general, or atleast for me that starts to hurt after long wears which is why if I know I'm gonna be sneakers all day I'll choose the firmer ride. And because of that my alpha bounces have broken in extremely well

That's actually good to know. I'm 6'0 and 260 so thanks for that info

That's actually good to know. I'm 6'0 and 260 so thanks for that info

Yeah I know it's not a huge deal for a lot of people but that's always been the case for me. With out having that extra "spring" I kind of just sink into boost over time. Not a problem in the short term, long term I'm not a fan. The price point is attractive but that doesn't factor into it for me. They just serve a different purpose and are more comfortable depending on the situation. I know a ton of heftier people and 220+ lifters like myself that generally feel the same way

Last edited:
If any non-lurker types want a 20% off Adidas coupon hit my PM

*DOES NOT WORK ON ULTRA BOOST OR NMD SHOES*

Last edited:
Yeah I know it's not a huge deal for a lot of people but that's always been the case for me. With out having that extra "spring" I kind of just sink into boost over time. Not a problem in the short term, long term I'm not a fan. The price point is attractive but that doesn't factor into it for me. They just serve a different purpose and are more comfortable depending on the situation. I know a ton of heftier people and 220+ lifters like myself that generally feel the same way

I want a pair of UB but think I'm going to settle with a pair of these for now. I need that extra spring in my step while tryna get this weight off

Back
Top Bottom