ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ROFL, I don't even remember posting that. 
laugh.gif
It's been so long lol 

Yeah, I thought something was up. Didn't think that was close enough to that mock up posted. That's why I thought it could have possibly been an early sample. Def a sweet custom though. I'd rock the hale outa those.

UB hype is definitely not at an all time high, it used to be much higher. DPRs just don't have as much casual appeal as UBs do and also aren't being marketed that much by adidas. If adidas were producing less, there'd be a lot more hype on the DPRs. They're easily attainable.

Also, those don't have the 1.0 sole, it's just not continental rubber. Has no bearing on grip since it's a different outsole design altogether.

Multicolor 3.0 UB launching soon, so perhaps that is where the demand will be? Too many UBs dropping lately too.

UB hype is definitely not at an all time high, it used to be much higher. DPRs just don't have as much casual appeal as UBs do and also aren't being marketed that much by adidas. If adidas were producing less, there'd be a lot more hype on the DPRs. They're easily attainable.

Also, those don't have the 1.0 sole, it's just not continental rubber. Has no bearing on grip since it's a different outsole design altogether.
ah gotcha.. i tried comparing them to my OG whites, but those soles are almost not recognizable now lol..  

re: casual appeal, neither did the Flyknit trainer/racers but that was the only jam at the time.. these DPRs are all in the middle of all the other Adidas releases...now that i think of it there are soo many boost shoes out! almost weekly 
Multicolor 3.0 UB launching soon, so perhaps that is where the demand will be? Too many UBs dropping lately too.
ugh.. forgot about those.. those will definitely be a problem!

And yes, lots of UBs and boost-having shoes releasing i cant believe how many NMD's, UBs, Inikis and whatever else Adidas has released this year 
sick.gif

insanity 

ah gotcha.. i tried comparing them to my OG whites, but those soles are almost not recognizable now lol..  

re: casual appeal, neither did the Flyknit trainer/racers but that was the only jam at the time.. these DPRs are all in the middle of all the other Adidas releases...now that i think of it there are soo many boost shoes out! almost weekly 
Yeah the outsole on them is really similar to the conti sole on UBs but slightly altered

Definitely tons of options for people now when it comes to boost shoes. UB hype is def still really high but a combination of higher production numbers, more colorways, repetitions/rehashing of colorways, and people generally not liking 3.0 knit as much as previous knits has lessened hype just a bit on them. Not necessarily a bad thing though, especially if it means someone can walk into a store and buy a UB off the shelf.

Absolutely untrue, I know this for a fact :lol:

DPRs aren't meant to be a hype shoe. It's a legit running shoe targeted towards street runners. It does have some casual/lifestyle appeal IMO and I think they're the one of the best looking Boost shoes out there.

I think people are turned off by the price point ($150, $170 for MC). At $150, people will just cough up a little more for UBs or spend less and get NMDs, EQTs or Stans.

Absolutely untrue, I know this for a fact
laugh.gif

DPRs aren't meant to be a hype shoe. It's a legit running shoe targeted towards street runners. It does have some casual/lifestyle appeal IMO and I think they're the one of the best looking Boost shoes out there.

I think people are turned off by the price point ($150, $170 for MC). At $150, people will just cough up a little more for UBs or spend less and get NMDs, EQTs or Stans.
They're being marketed, but not as much as some shoes. Regardless, nothing you said negates the majority of my points.

And yes, lots of UBs and boost-having shoes releasing i cant believe how many NMD's, UBs, Inikis and whatever else Adidas has released this year 
sick.gif

insanity 
I'm reasonably new to this, but from following sites such as Sneaker News, Highsnobiety, Hypebeast, I get the impression that Adidas doesn't release nearly as many models as Nike and Jordan... I don't know the real numbers so I could be wrong though...

And there's also the question of volume - how many pairs of a given shoe does Nike release even if it seems to push out more models?

For the sake of discussion, in comparison to Nike and Jordan, then perhaps Adidas isn't releasing that many?

Not a fan of 3.0 at all. Too soft and stretchy. That being said I will be trying hard af for those multi's and triple blacks.

Back
Top Bottom