ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
life will change your interests on its own. i got a new job, in the process of buying a new house, and got interested in a different hobby. sneakers just arent a priority anymore. also the whole culture surrounding sneakers today is trash in my opinion. sneaker culture turned into resell culture which is just hard for me to rally around since i dont care about things like supreme or bape, or nes classics lol

life will change your interests on its own. i got a new job, in the process of buying a new house, and got interested in a different hobby. sneakers just arent a priority anymore. also the whole culture surrounding sneakers today is trash in my opinion. sneaker culture turned into resell culture which is just hard for me to rally around since i dont care about things like supreme or bape, or nes classics lol
Was all in on what you said until NES Classic

Nintendo slander will not be tolerated :smh:

Like any hobby, they come and go. Do as you please.

As for those black turbo red eqt support, I think those are fake.

Was all in on what you said until NES Classic

Nintendo slander will not be tolerated :smh:
Im a nintendo fan for sure, grew up with it and everything. Ive been able to play nes games via computer and other devices for years via emulators. which means i dont need the nes classic lol

Now that these smaller boutiques are selling directly to consignment/reseller shops, the game is getting all kinds of F'ed up.

For me its mostly just a matter of the money and how much I spend on shoes all together

Even though I could easily just pick and choose what shoes I go for to save money the hurdles you gotta jump through for certain shoes nowadays is mad aggravating

The whole Undefeated situation was by far the lowest point in my 7 years of being a sneakerhead & it gave me some what of an epiphany
Don't let those brokeboi opportunist deter you from a hobby of yours. This is why you got a community like this thread and regulars who often help each other out. For the people that are actually gonna rock and enjoy the shoes they purchase.

Don't let those brokeboi opportunist deter you from a hobby of yours. This is why you got a community like this thread and regulars who often help each other out. For the people that are actually gonna rock and enjoy the shoes they purchase.
This is a good point

I genuinely like most of y'all hahah

damn, sneaker culture to resell culture. thats so true.

yeah man, its just dead to me. merch for this and that. kith x coke, supreme x what have you. the rise of "high end" street wear. the "culture" is more than sneakers and the things that made them iconic. and i feel like all of that overshadows the love for the shoes. I really just dont care enough to get invested in all of that anymore.

All things change with time. Now, it's boutiques backdoor selling shoes and resellers/consignment shops using bots to get shoes.

If you can get them at retail on scheduled releases, kudos to you and consider yourself very lucky. No need to waste your time and energy with being frustrated. It's just how things have evolved. If you really want the shoe on release date, you can always use an ATC service or check for prices on StockX. Sometimes, one comes out cheaper than the other.

I question how many sneakerheads have a decent job/wage. Pretty expensive hobby for someone without income.

All things change with time. Now, it's boutiques backdoor selling shoes and resellers/consignment shops using bots to get shoes.

If you can get them at retail on scheduled releases, kudos to you and consider yourself very lucky. No need to waste your time and energy with being frustrated. It's just how things have evolved. If you really want the shoe on release date, you can always use an ATC service or check for prices on StockX. Sometimes, one comes out cheaper than the other.

I question how many sneakerheads have a decent job/wage. Pretty expensive hobby for someone without income.

I feel like for the most part, a lot of sneakerheads get their shoes for "free". They resell enough to get the shoes they actually want for free. That requires some patience but it pays off I guess.

yeah man, its just dead to me. merch for this and that. kith x coke, supreme x what have you. the rise of "high end" street wear. the "culture" is more than sneakers and the things that made them iconic. and i feel like all of that overshadows the love for the shoes. I really just dont care enough to get invested in all of that anymore.
There's always been 'high end' street wear but like you said, every one now has become mini-entrepreneurs that makes them capitalize on hype and cop to auto-resell. Crazy how these teens are making these triple digit transactions like they are trading baseball cards

There's always been 'high end' street wear but like you said, every one now has become mini-entrepreneurs that makes them capitalize on hype and cop to auto-resell. Crazy how these teens are making these triple digit transactions like they are trading baseball cards

Yeah and im not necessarily knocking them for it, its just not me. and i feel like for the past couple of years has been a gradual shift towards that. resell has always been around but it was never the focal point of sneaker culture. It is now and that mixed with the fact that im over all just burned out and have no interest in buying or selling graphic tees and hoodies as well as having 10-15 pairs of the same shoe, just makes it easier to take a step back and be a bystander. Doesnt mean i dont appreciate new styles and tech im just not with the level of energy needed to be in that 24/7.

Y'all ever seriously think about unloading most of if not all your collection and dropping out the game all together?

Kinda where I'm at right now. Don't really know what to do hahah

I'm doing that now as we speak (or type). Every time I get home and see all the boxes in my closet I just shake my head. I don't need that many pair of sneakers, especially when I'm in dress clothes five days a week.

I think that feeling comes and goes. I'll feel that way after striking out on pair I really wanted but the feeling after copping a pair I had my eyes on for a while and getting them in hand reverses that feeling and rekindles what I love about buying shoes

Yeah and im not necessarily knocking them for it, its just not me. and i feel like for the past couple of years has been a gradual shift towards that. resell has always been around but it was never the focal point of sneaker culture. It is now and that mixed with the fact that im over all just burned out and have no interest in buying or selling graphic tees and hoodies as well as having 10-15 pairs of the same shoe, just makes it easier to take a step back and be a bystander. Doesnt mean i dont appreciate new styles and tech im just not with the level of energy needed to be in that 24/7.
I wasn't really into the Sneaker game more so Adidas until UBs/Boost became a part of the sneaker culture rotation. Even before this resell hype, early/mid 2000's of Jordan collecting was way more intense. At least now you can line up/camp out with a much lower chance of getting mugged.

I can justify buying boost shoes since it's in my profession to be on my feet a lot. Do I need more than 1 pair? Absolutely not. I don't buy every single release and if I do, I part ways with them for the most part (3x 3.0s sitting in box because I still rotate my 1.0s).

I see KITH shirts go like crazy on Twitter and these ATC services. I don't understand the hype, but maybe I'm just too old for this "hype".

This is a good point

I genuinely like most of y'all hahah

I'm the opposite.

IMG_5610.GIF

I wasn't really into the Sneaker game more so Adidas until UBs/Boost became a part of the sneaker culture rotation. Even before this resell hype, early/mid 2000's of Jordan collecting was way more intense. At least now you can line up/camp out with a much lower chance of getting mugged.

it was intense in some spots thats for sure. But most of the early to mid 2000s (which is when i started collecting) it was mostly getting to footlocker when it opened to get your pair, but i grew up in the suburbs in a time where only a few white kids in the county cared about sneakers. Its a completely different beast now. EVERYONE is a sneakerhead now

Back
Top Bottom