ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dude the epic react is a running shoe!!!

Everyone’s comparing Apples to oranges. Adidas to Nike blah blah

Of course boost for everyday walking around is probably more comfortable.

But I’m NO WAY is Boost superior to the epic react for running...... insert picture of guy sitting behind a sign that says “change my mind”

Definitely seems like Epic React would be a superior running shoe. But to be fair, boost (& Ultra Boost specifically) is marketed for running, so I don't think it's that far off for people to compare the two.

Two issues with this: First owning a pair of Toms is a huge no no and second if you do have a pair(s) never admit that in public.

I’d edit your comment ASAP. You never want anyone to be able to use that against you.

My Toms are my “house shoe” slippers. Outside Of drinking my coffee in the morning, don’t worry...they’re not worn in public :wink:

Video of the 4.5 40 :nthat:
boy, might look like Andre Smith's 40 a few years back. I've been eating too good since i got the new job.

I do have video's of my oldest getting dusted in a race by the wife. That will be pulled out at his wedding.

I'll never allow anyone to film me in a race.

boy, might look like Andre Smith's 40 a few years back. I've been eating too good since i got the new job.

I do have video's of my oldest getting dusted in a race by the wife. That will be pulled out at his wedding.

I'll never allow anyone to film me in a race.

That should be a gem at the wedding. Lol

After seeing Orlando Brown’s combine and Rich Eisener’s 40, I’m curious what I could run it in now :lol:

NSFW
:nthat: Andre

andre-smith_crop_north.jpg

I'm more confused on sizing now.
Bought first pair of UB 4.0 triple whites in 11, I wear everything in 11.
Tried 11.5 in black 4.0 and they were tight, they had no 11 in stock.

Dude the epic react is a running shoe!!!

Everyone’s comparing Apples to oranges. Adidas to Nike blah blah

Of course boost for everyday walking around is probably more comfortable.

But I’m NO WAY is Boost superior to the epic react for running...... insert picture of guy sitting behind a sign that says “change my mind”
granted most of us wear UB as a lifestyle shoe,

but how is comparing a running shoe to another running shoe an apples to oranges comparison?

insert jagsfan gif

Alright alright I agree. Clearly I’m loving my epic reacts so I’m a little biased lol

Yes that was a dumb comment, I’ll admit. UB are in fact running shoes. I guess for anyone who does running though, I can’t imagine the Boost sole holds up too much, they break in very easily, too spongy.

With that said I even use to run in uncaged for a second, just because I love shoes that have minimal one piece uppers that fit glued to your feet. But after experiencing several models since then, I won’t be going back to running in a Boost shoe.

Boost is probably still king for casual wear. But IMO, not for running. But hey we all have our opinions. I guess I jumped to hating the comparison because it doesn’t seem like Nike is trying to market it as a casual/lifestyle shoe, definitely geared towards running.

have you ran in them? Because if you're an an avid runner, you might avoid running in UB's. I know a few runners that don't like to run in UB's

Alright alright I agree. Clearly I’moving my epic reacts so I’m a little biased lol

Yes that was a dumb comment. UB are in fact running shoes. I guess for anyone who does running though, I can’t imagine the Boost sole holds up too much, they break in very easily, too spongy.

With that said I even use to run in uncaged for a second, just because I love shoes that have minimal one piece uppers that fit glued to your feet. But after experiencing several models since then, I won’t be going back to running in a Boost shoe.

Boost is probably still king for casual wear. But IMO, not for running. But hey we all have our opinions. I guess I jumped to hating the comparison because it doesn’t seem like Nike is trying to market it as a casual/lifestyle shoe, definitely geared towards running.

No issues here; everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I would agree with you that UB's are NOT good running shoes. I used the CB 1.0 to run and they didn't last long at all. IMO Nike did a great job with the react - $30 cheaper than the UB and is probably a way better running shoe - I need to try them out.

Dang what in the world is this in here.
Alright alright I agree. Clearly I’m loving my epic reacts so I’m a little biased lol

Yes that was a dumb comment, I’ll admit. UB are in fact running shoes. I guess for anyone who does running though, I can’t imagine the Boost sole holds up too much, they break in very easily, too spongy.

Adidas didnt market them as a lifestyle shoe either they started off as a RUNNING shoe and then took off from there. RUNNING SHOE

So are VaporMax so 2017 now that react tech is in? I prefer the aesthetics of VM over Epic react. But even VM felt similar to Alphabounce.

Now that UBs can be had for discount, I'd take a UB over anything else until X company can come up with a better silhouette/comfort combo that legitimately competes with boost tech.

it does amaze me when peeps say react is better than boost in the boost thread and are surprised by peeps coming out and saying no. Likewise the opposite in the react thread. Know your audience!

So are VaporMax so 2017 now that react tech is in? I prefer the aesthetics of VM over Epic react. But even VM felt similar to Alphabounce.

Now that UBs can be had for discount, I'd take a UB over anything else until X company can come up with a better silhouette/comfort combo that legitimately competes with boost tech.
Vapormax and ultraboost are great running shoes that don't really look like running shoes

Vapormax and ultraboost are great running shoes that don't really look like running shoes
If you/anyone were forreal about running, Nike/Adidas would not be amongst the top choices. There are quite a few companies that specialize in only running/marathon shoes that far outperform anything that Nike and/or Adidas have come out with in the past 5 years.

They just look ugly as hell

If you/anyone were forreal about running, Nike/Adidas would not be amongst the top choices. There are quite a few companies that specialize in only running/marathon shoes that far outperform anything that Nike and/or Adidas have come out with in the past 5 years.

oh god no am I a runner, find it terribly boring. Would rather do cardio by playing footy or basketball a few times a week. what i meant by the comment was that these shoes were designed to be running shoes but really aren't running shoes, or look like traditional offerings from nike, adi, brooks, asics, etc.

oh god no am I a runner, find it terribly boring. Would rather do cardio by playing footy or basketball a few times a week
Not a personal attack against you, just saying in general which is why the react/boost tech for running performance is minimal in my decision for shoe A or shoe B when it comes to lifestyle/walking shoe.

Haven't had a chance to try react tech yet and have no desire to. Shoe looks nice but I got hella boost shoes to rotate. only non-boost shoes I would entertain to cop is a retro silhouette with a dope CW nike decides to come out with. But even then there's probably something in the boost future I will probably cop first.

Not a personal attack against you, just saying in general which is why the react/boost tech for running performance is minimal in my decision for shoe A or shoe B when it comes to lifestyle/walking shoe.

Haven't had a chance to try react tech yet and have no desire to. Shoe looks nice but I got hella boost shoes to rotate. only non-boost shoes I would entertain to cop is a retro silhouette with a dope CW nike decides to come out with. But even then there's probably something in the boost future I will probably cop first.
no worries mate, understood what you meant.

I don't know about that, a bunch of the avid runners I know gush about how much they love the Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4%. They hate the price point and durability, but from a pure performance standpoint they say nothing compares. One of them is a competitive marathon runner and says he wouldn't run a marathon in anything else that's currently on the market after doing one in the 4%.

I'm not an avid runner, but I will say that when I tried the 4% on, I immediately wanted to run in them.

I don't know about that, a bunch of the avid runners I know gush about how much they love the Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4%. They hate the price point and durability, but from a pure performance standpoint they say nothing compares. One of them is a competitive marathon runner and says he wouldn't run a marathon in anything else that's currently on the market after doing one in the 4%.

I'm not an avid runner, but I will say that when I tried the 4% on, I immediately wanted to run in them.
My cousin is a marathon runner and he said if he could, he would buy a new pair of Vaporfly 4% for every marathon after doing his last full marathon in them.

Back
Top Bottom