ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've often thought some of those sale prices on StockX are ducktales. Without listing a source they could write anything they like. I look at them with suspicion.

Yep. I suspect the same thing. I'm sure they have display info from sales that are generated from their own service, but the other #s that they "scrape from other sales sources" are fishy.

People are definitely unloading Lux UBs for the low right now. Someone accepted my lowball bid of $105 on goat recently. I think it's a perfect storm of the first wave being bought by a lot of resellers who are now stuck with them, combined with adidas producing a ****load of them during a time when the market was over saturated with boost already.

Dude the epic react is a running shoe!!!

Everyone’s comparing Apples to oranges. Adidas to Nike blah blah

Of course boost for everyday walking around is probably more comfortable.

But I’m NO WAY is Boost superior to the epic react for running...... insert picture of guy sitting behind a sign that says “change my mind”
You realize there's actually other dedicated runners with Boost than just the UB right? You're literally comparing a tech (Boost) to a specific model (Epic React) which is...

... apples to oranges.

At the end of the day, like a couple of others have already said, most professional runners wouldn't even touch anything with a swoosh or three stripes for training/racing. Mass market consumer models like UB and ER are just a matter of personal preference or who can come up with the best marketing strategy.

You realize there's actually other dedicated runners with Boost than just the UB right? You're literally comparing a tech (Boost) to a specific model (Epic React) which is...

... apples to oranges.

At the end of the day, like a couple of others have already said, most professional runners wouldn't even touch anything with a swoosh or three stripes for training/racing. Mass market consumer models like UB and ER are just a matter of personal preference or who can come up with the best marketing strategy.

If you go back you’ll see I wasn’t the one comparing originally. In fact I chimed in because I was sick of the comparison.

... apples to oranges.

Not sure I’d go that far considering the fastest 4 or 5 marathon times are in adi and nikes.

Turned a couple heads today with these. One guy said he hasn't seen the CW. NMDs still a thing?
20180304_182617.jpg
For hypebeasts and sneakerheads, nmds are dead and buried. For the general population tho, still new and cool. Think they would fly off shelves if the price point was more reasonable

Edit: although some sneaker peeps i know like the CWs from the first year of release and the collabs

For hypebeasts and sneakerheads, nmds are dead and buried. For the general population tho, still new and cool. Think they would fly off shelves if the price point was more reasonable

What are the hottest shoes with the hypebeasts these days? It looks like the Off-whites and Yeezy's? I can't see the off-whites having much longevity because as far as I can tell it is just a gimmick slapped on an established silhouette. Yeezy's might be on their last legs because it's been several years.

What are the hottest shoes with the hypebeasts these days? It looks like the Off-whites and Yeezy's? I can't see the off-whites having much longevity because as far as I can tell it is just a gimmick slapped on an established silhouette. Yeezy's might be on their last legs because it's been several years.
To be honest i cant tell anymore haha, hypebeasts cant seem to make their mind up as a collective atm. Think offwhite is the new inthing and very limited collabs. Resellers tho have gone back to jordans again, although the black cement 3s are sitting in europe boutiques so idk

To be honest i cant tell anymore haha, hypebeasts cant seem to make their mind up as a collective atm. Think offwhite is the new inthing and very limited collabs. Resellers tho have gone back to jordans again, although the black cement 3s are sitting in europe boutiques so idk
10 of my last 12 purchases were JB, mainly because of how easy it was to cop. Up until recently my last JB purchase was nearly a decade ago, and last Nike was 2012. I almost got suckered into the Cement III, but I had to be honest with myself that the shoe doesn't appeal to me and it never did.

10 of my last 12 purchases were JB, mainly because of how easy it was to cop. Up until recently my last JB purchase was nearly a decade ago, and last Nike was 2012. I almost got suckered into the Cement III, but I had to be honest with myself that the shoe doesn't appeal to me and it never did.
yeah jordan brand has always been an american thing, in europe it's a very niche brand so no surprise the IIIs are sitting in boutiques here. The only jordans that sell out here are very limited ones or the Is (gatorade pack has been sitting though including the limited lime CW) and I'm pretty sure americans are buying those after losing out on american stores.

Adidas has always been a big brand here in Europe so it's not a surprise to see more non-boost adi shoes on feet than boost ones (adi and nike are neck and neck in sales here in EU). We love the footy look

yeah jordan brand has always been an american thing, in europe it's a very niche brand so no surprise the IIIs are sitting in boutiques here. The only jordans that sell out here are very limited ones or the Is (gatorade pack has been sitting though including the limited lime CW) and I'm pretty sure americans are buying those after losing out on american stores.

Adidas has always been a big brand here in Europe so it's not a surprise to see more non-boost adi shoes on feet than boost ones (adi and nike are neck and neck in sales here in EU). We love the footy look

Which part are you from?

I saw a video of a Yeezy release in London and it doesn't look any different than here in the States. :lol:
yeezys are yeezys anywhere though, if you get up on the morning of the release and go to the shops, will see peeps going from shop to shop buying up any sizes left to resell I'm sure.

better example of what I mean, the crowd that would camp out and instantly buy out the yeezys and jordans here is not the same crowd that is queuing up and buying out the adidas originals dublin. Still got older sneakerheads/casuals that will come out of retirement for rare adi CWs, not sure the same would happen in the states, which is why the states didn't get the dublins

yeezys are yeezys anywhere though, if you get up on the morning of the release and go to the shops, will see peeps going from shop to shop buying up any sizes left to resell I'm sure.

better example of what I mean, the crowd that would camp out and instantly buy out the yeezys and jordans here is not the same crowd that is queuing up and buying out the adidas originals dublin. Still got older sneakerheads/casuals that will come out of retirement for rare adi CWs, not sure the same would happen in the states, which is why the states didn't get the dublins
I didn't know what the Dublin's were until I looked them up now. Not much demand for Adidas Originals here except for basic colors of Stan Smith and Superstars and even then it didn't become noticeable until a couple years ago.

I didn't know what the Dublin's were until I looked them up now. Not much demand for Adidas Originals here except for basic colors of Stan Smith and Superstars and even then it didn't become noticeable until a couple years ago.
Yeah, it's all what you grow up with. Gazelles are to londoners what AF1s are to new yorkers

Back
Top Bottom