ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Adidas was smart, they would re-release all of the 1.0 colorways. Only people that'd be mad would be the resellers who've been hoarding pairs. They appear to have lost some steam this year with JB and Nike releasing so many things. From a retro standpoint, JB does quite well with retro'ing of OG colorways. I imagine it would be the same if Adidas did the same with some 1.0 cw's.

Oh and before I hear the "JB retros shoes from x amount of years ago," I think it would still be a smart idea of Adidas' part to at least consider retro'ing one cw and see how the public receives it. Just comparing the Space Jam 11 cw, I know there are quite a few years it retro'd with the last two being in 2009 and 2016.

Any reputable source for the 1.0 retro? I remember the rumor starting from a random Twitter account.

It wasn't a random account, but also not necessarily "reputable" with their roughly 50/50 accuracy record, it was Yeezy Mafia. You can't view the tweet anymore because their account was suspended but this is what it said...

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 12.45.01 PM.png

Then a few days/weeks later, there was another tweet, either from YM or another twitter "plug" that mentioned OG Purps as well.

It wasn't a random account, but also not necessarily "reputable" with their roughly 50/50 accuracy record, it was Yeezy Mafia. You can't view the tweet anymore because their account was suspended but this is what it said...

Then a few days/weeks later, there was another tweet, either from YM or another twitter "plug" that mentioned OG Purps as well.

My memory serves me wrong. Interesting. I guess time will tell.

Purps you say?

UB x Action Bronson collab would be pretty cool. I like the left one but the duck dynasty pair Id pass.

OG Purps are restocking? maaaan I just bought a used pair for $50. Figured it'd be a fun restoration project considering the resale prices.

So is Adidas going to make a 5.0? I think around this time last year we first saw the 4.0.

The amount of early leaks of catalog pics and whatnot seems to have really tapered off lately. Dunno if that's due to lack of interest or adidas actually tightening things up, but it's definitely strange that there haven't been any hints of the next knit pattern yet.

Another bust on the static NMDs. :frown:

Man...I already bid way above what they're worth because my size (14) is so hard to find. Waited a week and got an e-mail today from stockX saying they failed authentication. I highly doubt they were fake, so they were probably used or something. I know they're not special to most people but I'm an A/V nerd and loved the concept. Back to the drawing board...again.

The amount of early leaks of catalog pics and whatnot seems to have really tapered off lately. Dunno if that's due to lack of interest or adidas actually tightening things up, but it's definitely strange that there haven't been any hints of the next knit pattern yet.
I think they should continue even though I've had no interest since the 2.0. They recycle the tooling so costs should be minimal. I would advise them to be more selective with colors though.

Oh they'll definitely come with a new knit soon, just odd that we haven't seen any previews of it yet.

I've said this before but what I'd love to see them do is continue w/ the new knit patterns each year under the guise of technical enhancements so the UB still remains a "performance" shoe, but then also bring back the 1.0 knit in a more limited capacity & embrace the casual use of the shoe, freeing them up to use more fun materials the way Nike has done for a lot of their retros that began as performance products. It's probly too early for that though, so for now I'll just have to settle for seeing it done in collabs from time to time.

If I could get my hands on OG purple and grey wool colorways in a 1.0 “retro” I would be very happy.

I think were still far away from a 5.0.. not even half of the leaked 4.0 cws have come out yet, and if i remember correctly 4.0s only hit shelves early november no ? As for leaks and stuff yeah i think it was about this time or june that stuff started coming out

Back
Top Bottom