ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah there are duds in some of the newer models and nothing revolutionary & fresh like how when NMD first release.

Adidas really hit their peak in 2015-2016 with new releases. Nothing they’ve released since then has really been in the same league as the UBs, NMDs, and 350s that released during this time. At this point, Boost hype is pretty much dead, Yeezys and Hu NMDs are sitting, and regular NMDs have basically become Adidas’ Roshe, as was predicted. What really bugs me is why Adidas hasn’t really tried to create a new lifestyle model with encapsulated Boost similar to the 350s. It seems like the market is definitely there.

I think if you're going to make boost high end you can't throw it on any and everything. They put it on nearly every model they had, meanwhile they were saying it was limited and hard to create and that's why they couldn't put out more ultraboost. Well why did you put it on some Stan Smith's or shell toes nobody wants or was asking for? Nobody was sitting around thinking, I would get some Stan Smith's if they were more comfortable.

They were slow to start releasing new models. The Yung 1 was great, but it seems like Adidas missed the mark trying to market the Prophere and had limited marketing with the Yung 1.

as someone with a manufacturing background, it makes sense that at the beginning of the tech it was harder and more expensive to make. but as the process got more refined they were able to scale and reduce costs for boost production. i think adidas kinda played it smart and decided to introduce the tech in a bunch of models to see if the customer base would buy into whole sale at such a large scale. I dont think they got the response they wanted which is why i think they theyre arent releasing new boost models left and right and instead creating better margins on the current boost lines they already have (like the ultra boost).

also on a separate note, this may be my imagination, but i feel like as a result of adidas switching to the mass production of boost, its changed since the first round of UB and even the first round of yeezys v1s and v2s. its not as soft as it used to be. the white and blue eqt 93/17s i bought on discount a few months ago seems to still have it but my last few pairs of boost shoes seem to be firmer. still comfortable though

as someone with a manufacturing background, it makes sense that at the beginning of the tech it was harder and more expensive to make. but as the process got more refined they were able to scale and reduce costs for boost production. i think adidas kinda played it smart and decided to introduce the tech in a bunch of models to see if the customer base would buy into whole sale at such a large scale. I dont think they got the response they wanted which is why i think they theyre arent releasing new boost models left and right and instead creating better margins on the current boost lines they already have (like the ultra boost).

also on a separate note, this may be my imagination, but i feel like as a result of adidas switching to the mass production of boost, its changed since the first round of UB and even the first round of yeezys v1s and v2s. its not as soft as it used to be. the white and blue eqt 93/17s i bought on discount a few months ago seems to still have it but my last few pairs of boost shoes seem to be firmer. still comfortable though

The funny thing is that even Consortium releases aren’t selling out like they used to. It makes me wonder if people simply got bored of buying the same 3-4 Boost models over and over again and the sheer amount of releases of those 3-4 models.

The funny thing is that even Consortium releases aren’t selling out like they used to. It makes me wonder if people simply got bored of buying the same 3-4 Boost models over and over again and the sheer amount of releases of those 3-4 models.

I feel like Nike and Adidas can't be up in the hype game at the same time. They both cycle through popularity. There was a time where every ugly NMD and Ultra Boost was selling out because the market was hot. And their material usage on silhouettes got uglier and uglier. they went from amazing color blocking to ugly sweaters. And some of them turned out okay (the CNY 3.0 and the Cargo) but the vast majority went the wrong way so I think that softened popularity overall. And then while they were down, Virgil and Nike dropped the OW collection, Kanye went mental and the world of hyped kicks shifted completely towards Nike. Heck, one of the ugliest shoes I've seen in a while (Off-White Converse 2.0) still sold out and is selling for at least double retail... And to make things worse, the Bape and Game of Thrones pairs seem to be following a 3.0 - 4.0 knit pattern...

Adidas’ marketing is horrible, plain & simple. They’re so insanely lazy. Almost zero story telling on their end.
I don't think a shoe necessarily needs to tell a story, it just needs to be well executed and properly marketed.

Like why the hell did they take away PK from the eqt 93/17 and still charged the same price?

i think its a combination of those things. the whole consortium campaign is directed at a market that changes its opinion on whats cool and whats not depending on how they feel that day and due to price, the "Average" consumer was already priced out. but as a brand it seems like adidas has grown in the direction of the average buyer in the ~$100 and below category. i think thats why sneakercentric communities feel underserved. i think adidas is more concerned with expanding in markets where they can sell large volumes consistently which im assuming their market data tells them isnt in the direction of boost. end realistically theyll probably leverage the fact enthusiasts will still buy ultra boosts at a profitable price point long enough for them to focus on other areas of growth, which is decently evident by this thread.

My main gripe with Adidas is that they had a level of hype comparable to the times they had 30 years ago with Run DMC and it fizzled in 2 years. If they had the average consumer talking about boost or even having boost in their vocabulary, they would've had way more consumers blindlessly choose Adidas over any other brand just as the average consumer chooses Nike for no reason other than its Nike.

Definitely for sure that a vast majority of the consumers getting kicks don't have such a high budget. Your typical consumer will opt for the 80$ Stan or Superstar than over some 200$ UB because that's just too high up for them. There's levels to everything. I'm sure Adidas has the statistics to know where most of their revenue is coming from, and that's certainly not from the sneakerhead chart. I'm sure things takes on an inverted chart if you use the statistics from the resale market for the niche crowd instead.

My main gripe with Adidas is that they had a level of hype comparable to the times they had 30 years ago with Run DMC and it fizzled in 2 years. If they had the average consumer talking about boost or even having boost in their vocabulary, they would've had way more consumers blindlessly choose Adidas over any other brand just as the average consumer chooses Nike for no reason other than its Nike.

i think youve gotta throw in the nuances of the day and age it all happened in. plus factor in whats good for business growth and profit. boost may not have been the shoe tech of the future, but in reality more people are wearing adidas shoes, and more people are spending their money on adidas products. I went into macy this weekend for the first time in awhile and their adidas apparel section is larger than its been in years. as a sneaker enthusiast i can understand why some would want more boost, but ive gotta assume that adidas is following the money and growth.

Reactions: gir
I don't think a shoe necessarily needs to tell a story, it just needs to be well executed and properly marketed.

Like why the hell did they take away PK from the eqt 93/17 and still charged the same price?

But the first thing I said in my post was how bad their marketing is. And it’s piss poor. Very rare to see them do anything more than a half assed tweet/IG post themselves. The concept of “storytelling” is an integral part of sneaker marketing (see Nike) not to be taken so literally as telling an actual story, but simply giving the shoe some context.

At the heart of the complaint is the lack of explanation for anything they do.

Man I dodged a bullet on them, accidentally checked out 4 pairs. Thank F they cancelled 3 of them, would have been worse than the time I copped 3 pairs of YZY cleats to “resell”
lmao I remember passing on all 3 original Acro prestos sitting on the DSM site to cop 350 cleats on YS....thank god they accidentally sent me 2 pairs so I could recoup my money after they brickeeddddd

They could've easily made just the insole boost if cost was a huge concern.

Even though they did grow ever since boost became hype, they still have the same silhouette that is what i consider flagship for almost 5 years.

As stated with other NTers, no one wants to buy the same shoe over and over again. And it's showing with 1.0 MC sitting. They can't even get FOMO customers to buy 1.0 knit.

But I'm going all over the place. Ultimately, Adidas had the opportunity to drag out the hype they had but missed the mark completely and will return back a bottom top 5 company in regards to US market streetwear/performance/etc. They worldwide dominance/exposure seems more than fine.

Last edited:
I agree on Tank's analysis on the marketing department that is responsible (should it exist..) for especially the Consortium level drops.

If not with the other labels. (like for instance White Mountaineering...NBHD..etc) whereby they have a last relationship with.

The last vid i remembered even making an impact was...uh. The one time they did that Collective short for AKOG/Etudes/EG & KF.

i admit i dont know about marketing and the market statics but i guess its chicken or the egg kinda thing
did adidas growth (in hype stuff like boost/consortium/collabs) fall short because of marketing
or did adidas not invest in marketing for those things because they didnt see any potential worth while growth in it?

that aside, i see way more people wearing adidas shoes now adays than ever before but the largest majority of them arent boost shoes.

even with pureboost being and a pretty low price point, these are the shoes i see out in the wild most often
adidas-Swift-Run-Core-%26-Utility-Black-Shoes--_279626-front-US.jpg

Went to century city in LA last week. Nothing but adidas on everyone’s feet. Adidas is doing something right.

I think if you're going to make boost high end you can't throw it on any and everything. They put it on nearly every model they had, meanwhile they were saying it was limited and hard to create and that's why they couldn't put out more ultraboost. Well why did you put it on some Stan Smith's or shell toes nobody wants or was asking for? Nobody was sitting around thinking, I would get some Stan Smith's if they were more comfortable.

They were slow to start releasing new models. The Yung 1 was great, but it seems like Adidas missed the mark trying to market the Prophere and had limited marketing with the Yung 1.
Hey, I love my Stan Smith Boosts!

The thing about boost is, if I have one grey, one blue, one black, one red...Do you need to get more boost that looks nearly identical?

As stated with other NTers, no one wants to buy the same shoe over and over again. And it's showing with 1.0 MC sitting. They can't even get FOMO customers to buy 1.0 knit.

But I'm going all over the place. Ultimately, Adidas had the opportunity to drag out the hype they had but missed the mark completely and will return back a bottom top 5 company in regards to US market streetwear/performance/etc. They worldwide dominance/exposure seems more than fine.

My Cream's are still great. Why would I buy more? This retro or re-release or whatever was for us, but most of us already have plenty of UB by now and it's only been two years. It didn't help that the 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 was just a pattern or cage change.

Went to century city in LA last week. Nothing but adidas on everyone’s feet. Adidas is doing something right.

Not sure where that is, but I never see that. I always saw some shells. I started seeing NMD's, but rarely see UB.

Back
Top Bottom