ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

General question.. do you guys think Adidas released more than 200 pairs of the CNY UB's? Really salty I missed out on the random drop.
Been asked and we think there was more than 200 but no one really has a definite answer.

General question.. do you guys think Adidas released more than 200 pairs of the CNY UB's? Really salty I missed out on the random drop.
Yes, more than 200 pairs were likely released; However, the stock levels on Adidas only showed about 200 pairs that were released on the site.

lol welcome newbie... they were at bogo prices... you didnt know what they were because nobody gave them a second look until ye wore them

Sorry mate but you couldn't be more wrong. Kanye did not sell the Ultra... it sold itself. He may have brought the masses to it quicker but thats it.

My first Purchase was a pair of Primeknit Pure Boosts (totally un-Kanye related....not a fan of his in anyway) After my first Boost purchase i was sold on this Adidas tech. Pretty much been buying up Boost since.

lol welcome newbie... they were at bogo prices... you didnt know what they were because nobody gave them a second look until ye wore them
Sigh...the Adidas "ULTRABOOST" released on february 11,2015 the first Kanye picture of him wearing the shoes was spotted february 10,2015 a whole day before the ultraboost released. So either Kanye didn't sell the shoes or they we're never at BOGO prices either way I'm right man. Also I'm far from a newbie I just don't post much 
tongue.gif

I'm sure the Kanye factor is certainly not hurting, but I didn't know of the connection when I bought my first pair. I was a fan of the pure boost, and when these came out I said no way I'm dropping 180 on that, then after seeing it top all the '15 list of best shoes I decided to try them, and now I'm hooked

This is in essence my experience. I was looking for a good running shoe, and I read great reviews about the UB. I gave them a try, and I was amazed then and still am continually. Everyday when I put them on, it's like the first time.

I grabbed 3M off that shoe palace re-up a week or so and also grabbed the Concepts 'Night Trail' NB and seeing them next to each other got me thinking... 3M Ultra boost with a gum sole would be flames. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

How are peoples soles holding up? I've had my UBs for a few weeks and already have flat-spots on the toe and heel portions of my wool greys (nubs are worn down flat).  Thats taking into consideration that I have 4-5 other shoes in rotation.

Has anyone contacted Adidas regarding the relatively low life of their soles? By featuring the continental soles and newer releases, Adidas is basically admitting their design flaw. I've got 2 pairs here that im afraid to even take out of the box in fear the soles may wear down lol

How are peoples soles holding up? I've had my UBs for a few weeks and already have flat-spots on the toe and heel portions of my wool greys (nubs are worn down flat).  Thats taking into consideration that I have 4-5 other shoes in rotation.

Has anyone contacted Adidas regarding the relatively low life of their soles? By featuring the continental soles and newer releases, Adidas is basically admitting their design flaw. I've got 2 pairs here that im afraid to even take out of the box in fear the soles may wear down lol
It's a common, well known issue with the first round of UBs. adidas recognized the issue and addressed it with the new outsoles.

Not much else to the story. adidas isn't going to give you new kicks due to the outsoles wearing down, I'll be impressed if you can pull that off though.

It's a common, well known issue with the first round of UBs. adidas recognized the issue and addressed it with the new outsoles.

Not much else to the story. adidas isn't going to give you new kicks due to the outsoles wearing down, I'll be impressed if you can pull that off though.
they might send you some of these instead

and in doing so, they indirectly admit that they have released an inferior product and released a "fix" (conti soles).  Due to the mass production scale of shoes, they couldnt simply recall the shoes.  I would bet good money that whoever designed the black/outsole of the shoe no longer is in charge of doing so (if he wasnt fired, that is)

instead of doing a recall, they did a risk assessment and kept em on the shelves. Now its on adidas to deal with customer complaints- its par for the course. 

challenge accepted

and in doing so, they indirectly admit that they have released an inferior product and released a "fix" (conti soles).  Due to the mass production scale of shoes, they couldnt simply recall the shoes.  I would bet good money that whoever designed the black/outsole of the shoe no longer is in charge of doing so (if he wasnt fired, that is)

instead of doing a recall, they did a risk assessment and kept em on the shelves. Now its on adidas to deal with customer complaints- its par for the course. 

challenge accepted
The soles aren't bad enough to warrant a recall. I don't find them to be an issue honestly.

challenge accepted
Relax dog

The soles aren't bad enough to warrant a recall. I don't find them to be an issue honestly.
apparently they come with a 2 year warranty lol. I'm making some progress

edit: Adidas has a 30 day return rule- you can return your pair in any condition (reasonable) and they will honor the return. Same goes for their affiliates; you can return worn shoes to affiliates for a return. Adidas honors that as well. If you're outside of the 30 day frame, you can contact consumer relations. Thankfully i still have some time to coordinate a return.

adidas is saying the continental sole gets about 600 miles as opposed to the old sole (500 miles)

Hope that helps! 

Last edited:
************** back in stock with 42" ultra boost rope laces fyi
You can fit their regular laces through the UB eyelets too, just takes some "finesse".

The UB laces are a little bit thinner overall, I prefer the thickness of their regular laces.

Back
Top Bottom