ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Favorite 1.0 CWs? To narrow it down, no 1.5/continental sole models. Hoping my wool greys last me forever but the sole speaks otherwise.

Creams here 
glasses.gif
 goes with everything as well

Last edited:
@DrKingSchultz
  Welcome bro, those are the core black Ultra Boost 3.0. 3.0 sizing for me is .5 down from my Roshe size so I'd say you should go 7.5. 

They have the ones you have pictured here http://www.baitme.com/adidas-men-ultra-boost-black-core-black-dark-grey-adba8842-150

Thank you so much for the quick and very informative post [emoji]10084[/emoji]

So just to clarify the ultra boost 3.0 I take it is the latest version of the original ultra boost?
with slight improvements and tweaks to the overall design from when the original ultra boost was first released?

Thank you for the help on sizing regarding roshes also, repped.
from what I have heard the ultra boosts blow the roshes out of the water, which have been my go to shoe for a good while.

Search BA8842 in google. Check the sites that has available sizes. Most probably you'll find one. And thats not the OG. Its coreblack 3.0. I suggest you stick to your roshe size.

Thank you, repped. [emoji]10084[/emoji]

Coreblack vs the original I shall research the difference.
I thought those were the original, would the coreblacks 3.0 be a better purchase over the original?

Ultraboost 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 are the progression of UBs over the years with subtle differences and redesigns, the most notable being the knit pattern on the uppers. There are varying opinions about which one is the best in terms of comfort and appearance although the consensus seems to be the 1.0s look the best while the 3.0 comfort is the best. You can google pics to see which you like. 1.0s and 2.0s arent really widely available anymore so you would need to buy aftermarket if you want those, some retailers still have some of the less popular 2.0s on sale.

Btw the original 1.0 UBs will run you upwards of $400 if you are able to find them. They would be a much better purchase than any core black UBs according to most here. Obviously its a hyped shoe.

Hi please pardon my ignorance, I have never bought a pair of adidas shoes before..

am I correct in thinking that the best adidas boost shoe for performance and aesthetic is the

Adidas ultra boost:

View media item 2373406
It's confusing there are so many shoes names boost I think this is the og ultra boost

I checked adc and they are all sold out, is there any other recommended retailers where to buy these? preferably within the UK? these are very popular...

How is sizing on these compared to Nike? I wear a us8 in Nike roshe for reference. I've heard .5 down?

I've heard such great things about this shoe, what's everyone's favourite colour ways?
looking forward to buying a pair and find out if they live up to their reputation.

again apologies for my ignorance, thank you in advance for any insight and help.
I shall read further back through the thread and try and learn some mor.

The CB 3.0 will be a lot easier to get ahold of. Depending on what you're looking for the shoe to do will determine which version you'd want to buy IMO. 1.0's get all the love here, mostly for aesthetics, but the 3.0 is more comfy all around. So if you're looking for an everyday pair of super comfy boosted goodness on your feet for the best price & easiest to get ahold of...3.0 is the way to go.

There's nothing to stop the Black boost from cracking n showing a little bit of white??

Yeah it was dark knight sole dye, works great. No paint needed, one coat of dye and its permanent, no chipping. Wipe it down with denatured alchol after to remove excess dye and then i hit it with a couple coats of matte finisher spray. Highly recommended.

@AirRaab
frankmatthews frankmatthews

Need to have FM reply about results with this method.
He likes to experiment with the blackout.
One of his older posts had a vid link.

These are the only custom black boosts i have with me on vacation. Very happy with them and havent had any issues. The dye soaks into the boost material so you're not gonna see any white peeking through.

View media item 2373493

Be careful tho, that dye is not coming off if you get it on anything you don't want it on. And taping off areas doesn't work like with paint. Soaks right thru the tape.

These are the only custom black boosts i have with me on vacation. Very happy with them and havent had any issues. The dye soaks into the boost material so you're not gonna see any white peeking through.
I remember when some dude tried to tell me you can't paint boosts. 
mean.gif

Great job on the customs. It's difficult to dye boost black (at least on my end) on non-black PK. Precision is key since as you stated that dye absorbs.

Hi please pardon my ignorance, I have never bought a pair of adidas shoes before..

am I correct in thinking that the best adidas boost shoe for performance and aesthetic is the

Adidas ultra boost:

It's confusing there are so many shoes names boost I think this is the og ultra boost

I checked adc and they are all sold out, is there any other recommended retailers where to buy these? preferably within the UK? these are very popular...

How is sizing on these compared to Nike? I wear a us8 in Nike roshe for reference. I've heard .5 down?

I've heard such great things about this shoe, what's everyone's favourite colour ways?
looking forward to buying a pair and find out if they live up to their reputation.

again apologies for my ignorance, thank you in advance for any insight and help.
I shall read further back through the thread and try and learn some more.
i wear same size 8 in Nike roshe/flyknit racer/jordan 1s. size 7.5 in ULTRABOOST for me, length size is perfect but it is a little bit snug on the ankle part. personally i prefer size 8. Best thing for you to do is try out size 7.5-8 in your local store or if you want you can just order both sizes online and just return the other one. 

The black ones fits half size smaller than the grey ones, both in length and width. No clue why adidas is such inconsistent with their sizing system.
The triple black 3.0 were half size smaller than the other 3.0s too!
Thanks for your input

Ultraboost 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 are the progression of UBs over the years with subtle differences and redesigns, the most notable being the knit pattern on the uppers. There are varying opinions about which one is the best in terms of comfort and appearance although the consensus seems to be the 1.0s look the best while the 3.0 comfort is the best. You can google pics to see which you like. 1.0s and 2.0s arent really widely available anymore so you would need to buy aftermarket if you want those, some retailers still have some of the less popular 2.0s on sale.

Btw the original 1.0 UBs will run you upwards of $400 if you are able to find them. They would be a much better purchase than any core black UBs according to most here. Obviously its a hyped shoe.

I understand thank you for taking the time and breaking everything down for me repped [emoji]10084[/emoji] it will be interesting to see if adidas listens to the community and manages to combine the appearance of the 1.0 and the comfort of the 3.0 in the future.

Beautiful vibe and thread going on here, thank you to all of the regulars for your help and patience, I will study each of your posts and rep everybody, very welcoming, I look forward to grabbing some pairs and sharing with you all [emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]

Last edited:
Be careful tho, that dye is not coming off if you get it on anything you don't want it on. And taping off areas doesn't work like with paint. Soaks right thru the tape.
Can I use nail polish remover to remove the excess or a different type of acetone?

I understand thank you for taking the time and breaking everything down for me repped [emoji]10084[/emoji] it will be interesting to see if adidas listens to the community and manages to combine the appearance of the 1.0 and the comfort of the 3.0 in the future.

Beautiful vibe and thread going on here, thank you to all of the regulars for your help and patience, I will study each of your posts and rep everybody, very welcoming, I look forward to grabbing some pairs and sharing with you all [emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]
I pmed you something. Maybe it can help.

Both silver pack and 3.0 TBs are half size smaller than the other 3.0s, maybe this is something only for LTDs?
The triple black 3.0 were half size smaller than the other 3.0s too!

Thanks for your input
Nah. I feel like Trace Cargos may even run slightly big. Don't think it has anything to do with LTD, but more Adidas doesn't know their sizing very well. I have shoes as small as an 8.5 to a 10. Mind you, the 8.5 is only 1 pair, a pair of Bait EQT Supports, which ran HUGE. 95% of my Adidas stuff is a 9.5 or 10 though. 

Tried on my iniki runners today after a few weeks after receiving them and didn't realize they felt a bit loose cause of the material

Back
Top Bottom