Adidas NMD thread

Yes, I'm aware that retailer descriptions can be meaningless but in this case it isn't. They are PK. There is no debate about it and you're the 1st person to argue otherwise regarding the Pharells. 
Well there's no debate most people just sheepishly follow the others instead of using their own eyes and brains.

It uses the exact same knit as Whiteout/Blackout NMD. The box has no PK mention it. It looks NOTHING like PK. 

Let's just call it PK then! 
eyes.gif

lol, this guy again. Don't bother guys, he doesn't traffic in reality
Yea, reality is the NT sheep following sheep. I'm well aware of this mentality here on the boards, any time you use any sort of reason or evidence that goes against the accepted grain, you get some bashing.

Meh, I just kill time here while playing Hearthstone or doing work and read up on releases, don't mind me. 

Well there's no debate most people just sheepishly follow the others instead of using their own eyes and brains.

It uses the exact same knit as Whiteout/Blackout NMD. The box has no PK mention it. It looks NOTHING like PK. 

Let's just call it PK then! 
eyes.gif
To me, it feels like a thicker prime knit. 

http://www.kicksonfire.com/release/pharrell-x-adidas-nmd-human-race/

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/09/02/pharrell-new-nmd-human-race/

http://www.nicekicks.com/pharrell-x-adidas-nmd-human-race-releasing-five-colorways/

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2016/07/19/adidas-originals-pharrell-williams-hu-nmd/

I guess the entire sneaker community are sheep. 

@bodegacat

Thank you. Seriously, this guy, acts like his opinion is fact. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
From the horse's mouth, thank you!

Also pretty sure BBC wouldn't misrepresent either, but what does Pharell's own company know about his own shoe that's releasing?

Well, I guess I'm proven wrong.

Still, looks and feels nothing like the usual PK we get with every other PK shoe, not sure what's up with that.

The box doesn't say boost, must not have boost then.

You're arguing that Adidas doesn't know what's in their own shoes, that has nothing to do w people being sheep.

Last edited:
The box doesn't say boost, must not have boost then.

You're arguing that Adidas doesn't know what's in their own shoes, that has nothing to do w people being sheep.
I'm just saying PK is thrown around, but it's a marketing term for a knit technology, like Flyknit.

These shoes say PK in that Adidas.com description, but everything else is off. Box, no PK collars, doesn't look like PK.

What am I the only one who thinks Corporations can be wrong or deceptive? You guys are still sheep for never questioning the almighty Adidas. 

I don't have the Black/Whiteout NMDs but I am pretty sure they are mesh. Also, they (Pharells) sure as hell feel like PK to me. Just much much thicker than R1's. I don't usually believe SneakerNews for everything but they referred to the Black/Whiteouts as mesh. 

http://sneakernews.com/2016/07/05/adidas-nmd-blackout-whiteout-pack-release-date/
What's up with the lack of PK branding on the box (every NMD that is PK has it), the mesh style ankle collar, and the suspiciously mesh looking upper? Can you really blame a reasonable person for doubting these are PK.

What am I the only one who thinks Corporations can be wrong or deceptive? You guys are still sheep for never questioning the almighty Adidas. 
I kind of understand where you are coming from. You tend to question what is popular in this thread. Keeps people honest and on their toes. With a lot of money and passion/enthusiasm thrown around it's easy to become "Stans" towards a brand. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Last edited:
Yes, I can. Adidas differentiates on other NMDs bc there are mesh and PK versions. The mastermind XR1s are PK but the box doesn't say it. So there's another example of a PK shoe that doesn't have it on the box.

Last edited:

I kind of understand where you are coming from. You tend to question what is popular in this thread. Keeps people honest and on their toes. With a lot of money and passion/enthusiasm thrown around it easy to become "Stans" towards a brand. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Thank you.

I'm just surprised whenever I report something I find off or different than the popular opinion and everyone just bashes and doesn't seem to bother to really assess the situation.

What's up with the lack of PK branding on the box (every NMD that is PK has it), the mesh style ankle collar, and the suspiciously mesh looking upper? Can you really blame a reasonable person for doubting these are PK.
The Pharell box is a collab box. Maybe that has something to do with it. I honestly don't know. Were the Packer NMDs labeled as PK on the box? I know the Masterminds aren't since I have a pair. 

As for the ankle collar, they are a completely different shoe to the R1. The XR1 PK lack the sock collar too I believe.

Anyways, GWO refers to the Black/Whiteouts as mesh too. I think they have suede in the back but the upper is mesh. 

https://www.thegoodwillout.com/adid...ck-ftwr-white-ftwr-white-ch-solid-grey-s76518

As for questioning Adidas, that's fine and I can understand that but you're making claims about a shoe that honestly surprised me since I'm always following the releases closely before purchasing anything. I got rid of all my mesh NMD's early on as I later realized there were more comfortable PK ones shortly after. Before that, the only Adidas shoes I had were Ultra Boosts. 

Last edited:
Yes, I can. Adidas differentiates on other NMDs bc there are mesh and PKversions. The mastermind XR1s are PK but the box doesn't say it. So there's another example of a PK shoe that doesn't have it on the box.
Yea you're right, XR1 is a different model so there could be discrepancies, but XR1s do use the mesh style collar on PK models as well.

I'll drop it, guess I'm wrong and that HU NMD are PK after all. Just didn't look like it to me.

The Pharell box is a collab box. Maybe that has something to do with it. I honestly don't know. Were the Packer NMDs labeled as PK on the box? I know the Masterminds aren't since I have a pair. 

As for the ankle collar, they are a completely different shoe to the R1. The XR1 PK lack the sock collar too I believe.

Anyways, GWO refers to the Black/Whiteouts as mesh too. I think they have suede in the back but the upper is mesh. 

https://www.thegoodwillout.com/adid...ck-ftwr-white-ftwr-white-ch-solid-grey-s76518
Yea even Packers NMD has PK on the box label.

The uppers on the Whiteouts and Human Races look VERY similar. That said they feel different to me. Human Races are crazy thick and the material feels softer, while the Whiteouts have comparatively thinner mesh. Each of these elements are valid enough that I could see how both sides would have an argument, but if they feel that different I'll assume Adidas isn't hustling and there are different fabric elements at play.

For personal reference, when I tried on the Whiteouts my first thought was, "Oh cool, this'll make an nice summer shoe" while the Human Races made me go "Damn these feel nice but holy hell my feel are going to sweat like hell in these."

I think questioning something you dont know can never be a bad thing. But i think people were put off by the way you communicated not knowing.

Its all good now though with a solid answer. For the record i think pharrells are the most comfortable nmd. I always say that in this thread, i love them.

Back
Top Bottom