Adidas NMD thread

anigif_original-23181-1393783971-3.gif

What is more mystifying to me is that even certain mesh pairs get cooked (Talc flew on SJS as well).  If it were simply because numbers on the PK were low (which they are, being the halo model) I wouldn't argue that fact.  But it's not like the mesh pairs are necessarily turning resale profits left and right to warrant them getting snagged up in droves online either.  Am I off base on that one? Are numbers that low on certain lower models as well?  NMD hype in general, I guess. 

What is more mystifying to me is that even certain mesh pairs get cooked (Talc flew on SJS as well).  If it were simply because numbers on the PK were low (which they are, being the halo model) I wouldn't argue that fact.  But it's not like the mesh pairs are necessarily turning resale profits left and right to warrant them getting snagged up in droves online either.  Am I off base on that one? Are numbers that low on certain lower models as well?  NMD hype in general, I guess. 
I think it's the hype and the need to cop. When they can't get the PK they go for the next one available and when they all release at once people get caught up. I didn't really like the city socks but I bought them anyway just because I knew that was the only chance to get them. Adidas had the new core black UB on their site for weeks not sold out but foot locker is advertising it as a new launch coming up and I guarantee you it will sell out for them before adidas just because of hype.

I think it's the hype and the need to cop. When they can't get the PK they go for the next one available and when they all release at once people get caught up. I didn't really like the city socks but I bought them anyway just because I knew that was the only chance to get them. Adidas had the new core black UB on their site for weeks not sold out but foot locker is advertising it as a new launch coming up and I guarantee you it will sell out for them before adidas just because of hype.
No it won't happened , people aren't digging the gradient pattern. 

However the Hype in the NMD is unreal, you can't put it up in simple terms. Let's say that in Europe the silhouette it's extremely exclusive, whichever it is, mesh, ck, pk, you don't see them around that usually, not even the fake ones, so there you really get the feeling of "man those are unique", in the States likewise, I remember seeing the og pk all over soho back in December not only in fkbois and hypebeast but on all sorts of people, designers, models, everyone with a serious plug, they were too damn appealing, people were all over those first nmd, asking where did they get them, they wanted one or two or more , it was new, they were innovating in comfort, aesthetics, they were giving some competition to the stan smiths, an all background shoe ... once all this get to asia and the value of resell started to rise, all the lurkers, hypebeasts and practically everyone else showed up in NEED of a pair, that makes everything an instant oos. And so people will buy something that they don't really like to fit in.

I'm 11th in line for the instore release at Sneakersnstuff in Stockholm. I'm going to be eating fam only Asians in front of me and they are all small sizes. I'm a 12 or 13 so I can't wait to have these White NMD! Only question is will they be my favorite NMD right now that belongs to my 1 in 1000 pairs NMD Key City!

Hanon Shop is offline. FML
Still trying though... until 4:30 at least, then I gotta dip.

I'm 11th in line for the instore release at Sneakersnstuff in Stockholm. I'm going to be eating fam only Asians in front of me and they are all small sizes. I'm a 12 or 13 so I can't wait to have these White NMD! Only question is will they be my favorite NMD right now that belongs to my 1 in 1000 pairs NMD Key City!
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom