Adidas NMD thread

better comparison would be the Zx Flux...three years ago when the prisms dropped it was very similar to the OG NMD...not a lot of hype but very limited stock...

Spread like wild fire.....

Weird restocks...a pair here a pair there...took me forever to track them down...

Then the Oceans then other various color ways.....then Adidas saw they had a winner...and started whoring them out....

Today...OUTLETS are FLOODED with them....

Ultra Boost are already starting to take some shelf space in the Outlets by the end of the year...these will be too...
The other issue with flux's was that most designs were trash, like 8 prism colors came out after with small variations in color, then weird prints that borderined on parody. Then they introduced small side models of the flux inspired by other models. The material variations.

Aside from the xeno's and the first reflective snake pair they weren't the best shoe even, just a simple decent priced shoe.

I still toss on my xeno because even after being limited/not I was still into em.

The hype cycle isn't anything new it's just the typical product adoption cycle, and it's why I do whatever I can to make sure I buy shoes i can see myself wearing out regardless of popularity.

NMD feels pretty close to orange/red atm. 

The influencers, including even Ellen lol have already posted their nmds on twitter instagram etc. 

if you're looking for shoes that will stay in low production/ exclusive and have a smaller number of people buying you need to go for higher end brands and stop playing with adidas and nike.

And I'm talking deep cuts, not just whatever luxury shoe is hype because people sacrifice rent to copy kanye.

Last edited:
better comparison would be the Zx Flux...three years ago when the prisms dropped it was very similar to the OG NMD...not a lot of hype but very limited stock...

Weird restocks...a pair here a pair there...took me forever to track them down...

Then the Oceans then other various color ways.....then Adidas saw they had a winner...and started whoring them out....

Ultra Boost are already starting to take some shelf space in the Outlets by the end of the year...these will be too...

The ugly colorways of UB, maybe. You'll never see a cream or even a 2.0 black in an outlet or I'll eat my hat

Interesting comparison. I just feel like the NMDs look so much better in general than the ZX Flux aesthetically. I think the association with "boost" (Kanye effect) really helps the NMDs as well. To a certain extent, they are also at a price point that caters to those that can't afford the ultra boost or yeezys. Adidas truly hit the goldmine with the NMD imo. Curious to see if they start to saturate the market, and how that affects the demand. 

Last edited:
hey guys - i haven't been paying attention to NMDs since it first started dropping...whats about a fair price for the black/blue/red og's nowadays?

Back
Top Bottom