Adidas ORIGINALS updates

Surprised no one mentioned this, how this happened is beyond me. Bape NMD release.

http://www.nicekicks.com/one-reseller-bought-100-pairs-bape-nmds-adidas-store/

This will continue to all kicks with resell value. Brand/store fault? consumer? Resellers? All is interlinked. Brands launch kicks that mass consumers want to get their hands on make the resellers go on Frenzy mode. Brands them self know of this long ago, doubt any action will be done by them. Resellers? Needless to say that they won't stop since its lucrative business. So now left with us consumers who wants it, but can't get it.

We're having this discussion every once in a while and I don't think there's any way it will ever be resolved.

To me, the problem is people being too susceptible to hype and paying resell. Of course the Adidas store shouldn't backdoor pairs (even though we don't know for sure that happened here, the guy might have just hired 100 people to stand in line for him...) but resellers will always find a way of getting pairs if there's enough profit in for them, no matter if it's hiring people for queueing, bribing employees, exploiting weaknesses in an online store's code etc. So the ridiculous prices that are paid for sneakers fuel this whole system. Of course there's like a number of super rich people who don't care if a shoe costs €200 or €2000 because both amounts are nothing to them so there will probably always be some demand for overpriced resale kicks. But if you follow the NMD, Yeezy or Boost threads (and probably some of the Jordan threads) the amount of time, money and, most importantly, anxiety and worry some people put into their hobby is ridiculous. Would I like to have a pair of OTs or MRs? Absolutely. Would I waste most of my weekends in front of a computer/camping out in a line somewhere for a mass-produced average material/craftmanship sneaker 12-year-olds get excited about instead of doing something else with my girlfriend? Absolutely not. Because there will probably some other pair of shoes I like coming up soon.

I don't want to sound condescending or anything, everyone should do as they please with their time and money. But I would definitely say that buying sneakers would be a much more pleasurable experience if everyone was a bit more relaxed about it. 
wink.gif

The game is all messed up right now and it'll only get worse. I envision a dystopian future where the shoe companies/boutiques cut out the middleman altogether and just give all their stock to Flight Club. Hopefully I'll be so old by then I'll be deep into the Sketchers game.

We're having this discussion every once in a while and I don't think there's any way it will ever be resolved.

I don't want to sound condescending or anything, everyone should do as they please with their time and money. But I would definitely say that buying sneakers would be a much more pleasurable experience if everyone was a bit more relaxed about it. 
wink.gif
True true, it's all about priorities and money. 

But all in all I wish everything could be easier 

Those free EQT from Miami are already on grailed lol

thats really lame 
I'm so bummed. I originally wanted to go down for the weekend to Art Basel and the KITH store opening, and then I hear that adidas is giving away a clean CW of my favorite 2016 silhouette, but I couldn't get the weekend off from work. 
mean.gif

If anyone is down there and managed to scoop a pair of the ADVs, I would love to see some on-feet pictures. I plan on watching the livestream tomorrow at 7.

Is anyone interested in Sneakers 76 EQT size 8 by any chance? These run huge, haven't touched them since I got them months ago...

Where? I got stuck with a 10 after standing in line for a few hrs. Looking for that 13 or 14

On the Adidas site. It said sold out for a while but I kept refreshing then some sizes popped up but didn't actually add to cart. Eventually one popped and went thru.

Struck out a bunch.  Really didn't want to pay resell this time of year, so it's time to be patient.

Guys do the original pusha Ts fit the same as the non-collab versions? Thinking of grabbing a pair off eBay but I'm a 10.5 with wide feet and they only have the whites in 10 left...

Back
Top Bottom