Adidas overtakes Jordan on list of top U.S. sport footwear

what i don't understand is we don't want to go back to camping out for jordans, but jordan needs to limit the access to popular models and use a better quality of material

if he made them limited that would mean he didn't have to increase the quality,
appreciate where we are with jordan availability

maybe i'm just cynical, but seems like the response to losing money would be cutting production cost, not increasing production cost to compete with a company that really isn't competitive, we're taking about 42% to 11%, that's not exactly coke and pepsi

My issue is people saying Jordan's should release only a couple of releases a year. That's like saying 7-11 should only carry a couple of products.

I think sometimes people forget it's a business and the purpose is to make money.

You got a lot of good points here. But what happens there is we go full circle back to the days where kids are skipping class, grown men skipping work, and the massive amount of complaints due to lack of availability of the shoe. No one wants to go back to the 2011 Concord days. Standing in line in the middle of the night for a pair of shoes is crazy. And I have done it myself. I'm not defending nike by no means but they really are in a no win situation with consumers. If they mass produce, people look down to them because they are so easy to get. If they limit them, people are pissed but their product appears more prestige.

JB used to release some terrible colorways from 2010 to 2015, but people were just so eager to get them and happy to get a Jordan that they accepted it.

Now when they release a alternate colorway which is normally based around a OG colorway they complain. I'm wondering how do you hate a monochrome or black and red colorway. When it's limited people seem to force themselves to like it. I would like to see some of those colorways released now to see the reaction and how vastly different is.

I expect JB to throw in more collaborations and go back to true QS in the future.

I think the 31s and 32s are dope shoes, flawed but ultimately dope. Nostalgia has been in for a minute and those two shoes represent the best way to utilize beloved designs without it looking as exploitative as slapping bad color ways on retro designs or releasing retros every week in OG color ways.

The bigger problem for Jordan is that the designs aren't in at the moment. Jordans are bulky and heavy in comparison to the silhouettes that Adidas has garnered all this momentum with. I'll be curious to see if this 90s fashion pivot people like Kanye, Raf, and Ocean are trying to make happen changes that. Wider response to the 700s should be interesting.

Making the shoes limited may help their appeal with sneakerheads but that isn't going to help them combat Adidas.

Making the shoes limited may help their appeal with sneakerheads but that isn't going to help them combat Adidas.

That's part of it

Part of the appeal of Adidas has been comfort, the other being they weren't available.

That's changed, because everything besides Yeezy's are pretty available now.

Adidas has pretty much been dependent on consortium releases and Kanye.

Nike limited releases sell out. Nobody remembers those, they remember the GR's on the shelves. They don't mention the Adidas sitting on shelves.

My issue is people saying Jordan's should release only a couple of releases a year. That's like saying 7-11 should only carry a couple of products.
yea people that want them to limit releases are on their own, i want as many options as possible, i don't just buy every jordan because it's a jordan, which are the only people that would benefit from limited releases

Yet Nike has no tech that is comparable to Boost.

they do now, ZoomX

plus in terms of tech, Adidas has been stuck and riding that cash cow ever since it's launch, they are pretty much just putting primeknit and boost on their older models and not much else

Nike has released many techs since, albeit not all are homeruns but at least they are trying

and as mentioned, not all boost are created equal and Adidas been saving money by not including insoles (on NMDs and Inikis) and using the excuse that your foot should be closer to the boost yet their most comfortable are UBs that has an insole

From megging orders and cancelling rsvps to the state of Nike now as someone whose gone through their bs a few years back I'm enjoying them getting a taste of humble pie :lol::lol:

The "Nike doesn't have a Boost tech competitor" line is crazy to me. Vapormax's are dumb cozy and that tech has been around since the 80s. Air is perfectly comfortable. The FEEL is different than Boost but it's no less comfortable.

when properly used, I prefer zoom air over boost to be honest

I can wear AJ31 with full length zoom all day and not get pain

UBs forefoot boost becomes an issue for me after a half days worth of walking, the balls of my feet starts to hurt like the boost bottomed out or something

actually, I think the lunar on lunarepics is slightly more comfortable for me too than boost

at the end of the day it's all personal preference but hype definitely plays a factor, I've seen people swear by the boost comfort but only really buy UBs and NMDs and ignore the often discounted Adios or SuperNova

don't get me wrong, I still love boost and have plenty of it but when I am going to be on my feet all day or travelling, I rarely pick boost these days as my go to

UBs forefoot boost becomes an issue for me after a half days worth of walking, the balls of my feet starts to hurt like the boost bottomed out or something

actually, I think the lunar on lunarepics is slightly more comfortable for me too than boost

at the end of the day it's all personal preference but hype definitely plays a factor, I've seen people swear by the boost comfort but only really buy UBs and NMDs and ignore the often discounted Adios or SuperNova

don't get me wrong, I still love boost and have plenty of it but when I am going to be on my feet all day or travelling, I rarely pick boost these days as my go to
the best way boost was described to me was as memory foam, amazing until it coutures to your feet and then the support is gone just as with memory foam..... would you agree?

I wouldn't agree, it's bouncier. Boost doesn't really have that sinking feeling the memory foam has, it has energy return as advertised.

For the most part, I just think the drop from heel to toe is a bit drastic on UBs so I have forefoot issues but none on the heels.

Lunarepics are dream shoes. Mine still feel like marshmallow clouds a year later. And they were my beaters at work for 8 months.

I wouldn't agree, it's bouncier. Boost doesn't really have that sinking feeling the memory foam has, it has energy return as advertised.

For the most part, I just think the drop from heel to toe is a bit drastic on UBs so I have forefoot issues but none on the heels.
so the forefoot is a constant problem or only after wear? because if you wear down the forefoot boost, then that seems to be the same problem as memory foam

so the forefoot is a constant problem or only after wear? because if you wear down the forefoot boost, then that seems to be the same problem as memory foam

Usually only after wearing, it feels like it bottoms out after a long days of wear but later on when I wear it again, it's back to normal.

I was intrigued by the ultraboost when a salesperson at Champs, who was wearing XIs, told me that the ultraboost was the most comfortable shoe in the store. I bought a pair and took them with me on a trip to Disney. Been a fan ever since.

Usually only after wearing, it feels like it bottoms out after a long days of wear but later on when I wear it again, it's back to normal.
ok, i see what you mean, because that memory foam doesn't come back once you wear it down

LE2 > UB imo they are way lighter and comfort level is about the same not enough difference to even notice. Boost feel like bricks compared to LE2s.

I’m Always loyal to jordan and even Nike

If I have to buy adidas I’m done with this hobby

But I will say Nike got too greedy by rasing the prices of Jordans and releasing too many in a years time

Nike did this to themselves
But anyone who’s into sneakers saw this coming 2 years ago

I find it interesting that there is rumors already about the Concord for next year. A part of me thinks its just bs rumors that people just like to come up with. Another side of me thinks this is nike creating the hype knowing that shoe is the ultimate ace in the hole. Idk. It just seems really early for that release to be talked about. And could this be a reaction from nike/jb to take that "spot" back from Adidas?

I've never owned a pair of Adidas until this year. Now I own 10 pairs. I took back all my Jordan's I paid full price to the outlet and got my money back . I'm a broke college student and I know they're going to release them again when I get settled.

The only pairs I plan on picking up are the Pure Money 4s, Cool Grey 8s, Columbia 11 lows, Blue Suede 5s and Melo 11s. 3 of those I can get for under Retail and the other 2 at Retail .

If Js weren't $190 Nike wouldn't be having this issue. I still think wack pairs will sit but there wouldn't be so many .

I find it interesting that there is rumors already about the Concord for next year. A part of me thinks its just bs rumors that people just like to come up with. Another side of me thinks this is nike creating the hype knowing that shoe is the ultimate ace in the hole. Idk. It just seems really early for that release to be talked about. And could this be a reaction from nike/jb to take that "spot" back from Adidas?

would it even help JBs sales?

I mean yeah people will flock to any OG XI colorways but I am not even sure people would start buying Js now all of a sudden in anticipation of the Concords.

Back
Top Bottom