Adidas x Fear Of God Athletics

i think a lot of people were expecting this line to fill the yeezy void, or atleast play in that arena. but i think its clear this was not meant to be for the same demographic
This probably will play more towards their Blue label stuff. I’ve copped some Blue Version adidas close and it leaned more premium, but not quite high end.

That whole God talk thing is super cringey agreed..that I can do without.

Jerry wyling with the prices but the Calabasas Yeezy stuff (not adidas) was pretty much the same price point if not more.

It was more so a comment on the this more than anything. When this partnership started I’m sure the expectation from adidas end was that Yeezys would still be around, so this was never meant to have the mass appeal Yeezys do.

Still, this price point doesn’t exactly entice me try anything out. I’m sure I’ll be able to pick something up on yoox in a year on discount lol

This is priced like the nike fog stuff - in between essentials and mainline price range. Whys this a surprise for some people?

that being said, most of the deisgns arent as good as the nike stuff imo.

I was excited about this a year ago. The ship has sailed for me. Glad they are finally moving forward at least.

Hoping the sneakers actually drop online on 12/3 like has been leaked / rumored. It’s a Sunday, which feels like a weird day to drop. But I dont know. Maybe the whole god angle on Sunday or something.

LA pop up - wasnt crowded but will prob change with the weekend coming up

can buy 3 of each style, bball $250 (two toned pair is LA exclusive) and rivalry $200 (cream suede pair is LA exclusive)

IMG_7634.jpeg
IMG_7633.jpeg
IMG_7635.jpeg

LA pop up - wasnt crowded but will prob change with the weekend coming up

can buy 3 of each style, bball $250 (two toned pair is LA exclusive) and rivalry $200 (cream suede pair is LA exclusive)

IMG_7634.jpeg
IMG_7633.jpeg
IMG_7635.jpeg

The best colorways being LA exclusive really sucks a lot.

I was all in on the Nike stuff but not much of this speaks to me. That FOG 1 was such a striking shoe, while these scream Adidas to me. They just feel less daring. Wish them the best though. I'm sure I'll be back around for the next models.

how many colors of the rivalry?

two - other being more of a brown/darker tan color (unfortunately didnt think to snap pics of them since they were underwhelming imo)

additional notes: the bball kicks feel fairly comfy and seems to have boost encapsulated (sizing is half up like the crazy infinitys and is what they were telling everyone - feel like i couldve gone TTS but half up for casual wear is prob the right move)

the rivalrys fit and comfort are similar to the regular rivalry 86s so you can go TTS or half down if you want that more snug fit

apparel overall isnt anything that stood out to me but i get the reason for it. shoes are the highlight for me and dope in hand - rivalrys will get worn plenty since its more wearable to the bball

nothing revolutionary compared to the nike stuff, but still think its solid to test the waters of what consumers are into and what they can plan for the future

Last edited:
two - other being more of a brown/darker tan color (unfortunately didnt think to snap pics of them since they were underwhelming imo)

additional notes: the bball kicks feel fairly comfy and seems to have boost encapsulated (sizing is half up like the crazy infinitys and is what they were telling everyone - feel like i couldve gone TTS but half up for casual wear is prob the right move)

the rivalrys fit and comfort are similar to the regular rivalry 86s so you can go TTS or half down if you want that more snug fit

apparel overall isnt anything that stood out to me but i get the reason for it. shoes are the highlight for me and dope in hand - rivalrys will get worn plenty since its more wearable to the bball

nothing revolutionary compared to the nike stuff, but still think its solid to test the waters of what consumers are into and what they can plan for the future
So you can go half down on the Rivalry. Good to know..thanks for the rundown

So you can go half down on the Rivalry. Good to know..thanks for the rundown

yea they didnt let anyone try stuff on at all so gambled with my TTS when i shouldve went with my gut instinct to go half down
prefer the snugger fit, but TTS is still fine and may just swap out the insole

Back
Top Bottom