ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember when these blogs were posting photoshops and those samples with the white stitching for last months release?
laugh.gif
 and you still want to believe them?

Considering in finally buying a pair of 350's but i've never tried them on. I was thinking a 10 but not sure. 

In Pure boost i'm a 10, PB2 - 9.5, Y-3 Retro Boost 9.5. Do they run snug?

Last edited:
I don't understand what's wrong with what I said. Look at the impact kanye has with his following and at what jordan did with his. Pretty much the same thing aside from jordan doing it through ball and kanye through kanye lol
Kanye is no Micheal to the masses tho, the whole be like mike campaign and a new shoe every year. Kanye may create his own legacy as an artist with a shoe line but its different with what Mike did. And that's prolly the rub, KW wants to be like Mike too...

Considering in finally buying a pair of 350's but i've never tried them on. I was thinking a 10 but not sure. 

In Pure boost i'm a 10, PB2 - 9.5, Y-3 Retro Boost 9.5. Do they run snug?
I'd say get a 9.5. I'm a 9 in retro boost but they are snug. 350s aren't as snug as retros. I have a 9 in 350s and i think i couldve gone 8.5 for the snug fit. But the 9s are fine.

Social Media is playing a huge part. But can it help Kanye emulate and withstand the years on years of historical feeling that the best basketball player of all time brought to the game and to sneaker culture??? We'll see. It'll definitely create more of a "fashion" history. But it doesn't have to be all that bad I suppose. Kanye was inspired by Jordans to create his own sneaker, but the history of those games that Jordan wore different models and how it inspired atheletes around the world.. Yeezys don't have that man lol.
I agree that people may need to pump the brakes a bit.  

Yeezy is hype right now, and rightfully so (I really like the 350's, even if they weren't attached to his name).  But keep in mind that not many in the Hip Hop world stay on top forever.  Especially when Kanye is 38 years old, goes on these crazy twitter rants, and pisses off 90% of the general public.  I think Kanye is bigger than some past Hip Hop acts, especially when you factor in his Fashion business and his relationship with the Kardashian family (which is prob most popular reality star show)... but look at some of the past Hip Hop acts that no one gives a **** about anymore.  50 cent, TI, Lil Wayne, etc.  Add in that Kanye's record sales have pretty much been on a decline for the last few years, and you have to wonder (or at least I do sometimes) how long he will be "hype".  

Then again, who knows... maybe he keeps releasing heat and the hypebeasts/resellers keep eating it up. 

Yeezy is hype right now, and rightfully so (I really like the 350's, even if they weren't attached to his name).  But keep in mind that not many in the Hip Hop world stay on top forever.  Especially when Kanye is 38 years old, goes on these crazy twitter rants, and pisses off 90% of the general public.  I think Kanye is bigger than some past Hip Hop acts, especially when you factor in his Fashion business and his relationship with the Kardashian family (which is prob most popular reality star show)... but look at some of the past Hip Hop acts that no one gives a **** about anymore.  50 cent, TI, Lil Wayne, etc.  Add in that Kanye's record sales have pretty much been on a decline for the last few years, and you have to wonder (or at least I do sometimes) how long he will be "hype".  

Then again, who knows... maybe he keeps releasing heat and the hypebeasts/resellers keep eating it up. 
Kanye been running strong since 2004 what are you saying lol.. Of course record sales are down because more people know how to download but thats not stopping him from going platinum every drop. Him Drake, Hov, K dot, and J cole will sell regardless as far as hip hop goes right now. 

I agree with your sentiment... but I think that with the amount of "expanding" Kanye has been doing with his brand he has reached new demographics. This hype has been steadily building for years. He has never been the best rapper, he has never been the most liked celebrity, etc. but he has an ability to remain relevant and impose himself in different capacities that eclipse the hip hop world.

I remember when the Air Yeezy 1 was rumored/announced... members in this very forum were questioning why NIKE would chose 'Ye instead of other rappers that were more liked or considered to be "better"...

MANY said that an actual collab would not materialize as an actual release...

once an official release was confirmed they swore it would flop...

once the resell prices were at 300% of retail people said it wouldn't last and that in a few years no one would care about them...

Here we are now, almost exactly 7 years later... and they hype is still going and growing...

I agree with your sentiment... but I think that with the amount of "expanding" Kanye has been doing with his brand he has reached new demographics. This hype has been steadily building for years. He has never been the best rapper, he has never been the most liked celebrity, etc. but he has an ability to remain relevant and impose himself in different capacities that eclipse the hip hop world.

I remember when the Air Yeezy 1 was rumored/announced... members in this very forum were questioning why NIKE would chose 'Ye instead of other rappers that were more liked or considered to be "better"...

MANY said that an actual collab would not materialize as an actual release...

once an official release was confirmed they swore it would flop...

once the resell prices were at 300% of retail people said it wouldn't last and that in a few years no one would care about them...

Here we are now, almost exactly 7 years later... and they hype is still going and growing...
Adidas x Kanye might be just another step in the domination... who knows. The hype is bigger than sneakers I guess, because its not the music. That didn't make me like the Y2s/Y1s. They're just fire.

750s run about .75-1 full size big. My 11 fits like an 11.75/12. The midfoot is really snug so if your true size is a full size, then go with your true size, don't size down.

350s run .25-.50 size big. I'm an 11.5 and my toes touched the front of size 11 AQ PBs. I have a little bit more room in 11.5 BB PBs. If you like a snug fit, then go .5 size down. If you like a little bit of breathing room (but not so much that the shoe looks huge on your foot) then go TTS.

Also, if you are going to buy a pair of PBs, go for an AQ (2015) pair vs. the BB (2016) pairs. AQs have better quality and better shape. The BB's extra padding in the heel throws the shape off and doesn't add any comfort at all-in fact it feels weird on your heel. Lace tips on AQs are also nicer than BBs.

750s run about .75-1 full size big. My 11 fits like an 11.75/12. The midfoot is really snug so if your true size is a full size, then go with your true size, don't size down.

350s run .25-.50 size big. I'm an 11.5 and my toes touched the front of size 11 AQ PBs. I have a little bit more room in 11.5 BB PBs. If you like a snug fit, then go .5 size down. If you like a little bit of breathing room (but not so much that the shoe looks huge on your foot) then go TTS.

Also, if you are going to buy a pair of PBs, go for an AQ (2015) pair vs. the BB (2016) pairs. AQs have better quality and better shape. The BB's extra padding in the heel throws the shape off and doesn't add any comfort at all-in fact it feels weird on your heel. Lace tips on AQs are also nicer than BBs.

So if a 10.5 350 is good on me then I should go 10 in the 750? Or all the way down to a 9.5? I don't have wide feet if that helps.

Kanye been running strong since 2004 what are you saying lol.. Of course record sales are down because more people know how to download but thats not stopping him from going platinum every drop. Him Drake, Hov, K dot, and J cole will sell regardless as far as hip hop goes right now. 
I get what you are saying... but his album sales are down. Yeezus barely went Platinum, and had trouble selling out the tickets for his concerts for that tour.  Tidal isn't releasing the info from his TLOP streams. 

And yes, I know that downloading and streaming factor into sales overall declining... but Taylor Swift (ironically) has sold over 4 million copies of every album she's released.  Her 1989 album sold 5.7 million in the US, and over 8 million worldwide.  

Well maybe T.Swift fans don't download or stream as much, since it is a lot of young girls etc.... but then you see that for 2015, Drake sold nearly 2 million and even Fetty Wap sold 1.2 million.  The Weeknd sold over 2 million.  So Hip Hop still has buyers. 

Don't think that I'm hating... I'm just trying to look at this objectively.  Part of it just may be that the hype is usually more among younger generations. HS kids and college kids probably have more in common with these newer rappers / hip hop artists (Fetty Wap, Young Thug, Drake, etc.) than they do with 38 year old Kanye West. 

After a few wears, the padding on the BB's isn't as much of a deal as people think. 

My Size 9 TB 750's are about .5/.75 big on me, but nothing you can't handle by any means by still going TTS.  I just wear thicker socks when I rock them.  

Soles on the 750's > 350's.  

I just came across someone doing Chocolate pre orders on ebay with excellent feedback ratings. Seller says they have a guaranteed set of 10 but only selling 5 right now. I'm not going to buy resell (never ever ever) but this is the first legit looking preorder I've seen. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom