ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came across someone doing Chocolate pre orders on ebay with excellent feedback ratings. Seller says they have a guaranteed set of 10 but only selling 5 right now. I'm not going to buy resel (never ever ever) but this is the first legit looking preorder I've seen. Thoughts?
proceed with caution

I just came across someone doing Chocolate pre orders on ebay with excellent feedback ratings. Seller says they have a guaranteed set of 10 but only selling 5 right now. I'm not going to buy resel (never ever ever) but this is the first legit looking preorder I've seen. Thoughts?
There is nothing in Adidas's coding on their website nor in their app to suggest that a release is close to occurring. 

At this point, 10 days out, I would say nothing is happening anytime soon.  

I've seen some ATC taking $399 for these 750..  

Usually the price is lower when it's paid early.

The Thirst is Real

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not even thinking of paying for a preorder. It's retail or die over here. I guess what I'm asking is if you've seen legit sellers take preorders with specific dates and then be wrong?

Don't think that I'm hating... I'm just trying to look at this objectively.  Part of it just may be that the hype is usually more among younger generations. HS kids and college kids probably have more in common with these newer rappers / hip hop artists (Fetty Wap, Young Thug, Drake, etc.) than they do with 38 year old Kanye West. 
Linkin Park's "Hybrid Theory" album sold over 27 million worldwide and 10 million copies in the US.  Does that mean they could drop a pair of shoes every month and they'd sell out?

You can't really correlate album sales to style points is what i'm getting at.  If T-Swift released some shoes, i'm sure at first they would sell out, but it's doubtful that she could consistently do it like Kanye .  Kanye has more fashion influence than music influence at this point.  

Last edited:
I realized last release if you really want em..put in that actual footwork. Online couch style life might not make it.

Last edited:

After a few wears, the padding on the BB's isn't as much of a deal as people think. 

My Size 9 TB 750's are about .5/.75 big on me, but nothing you can't handle by any means by still going TTS.  I just wear thicker socks when I rock them.  

Soles on the 750's > 350's.  
750s are tanks and quality doesnt event compare to the 350s. 750s are worth the price IMO as opposed to the 350. 

Still on the hunt for a pair of OTs though 
nerd.gif

I realized last release if you really want em..put in that actual footwork. Online couch style life might not make it.

I wish it could be that easy for me, closest shop getting them for me is 3.5 hours away. But I think these are worth a little trip

Linkin Park's "Hybrid Theory" album sold over 27 million worldwide and 10 million copies in the US.  Does that mean they could drop a pair of shoes every month and they'd sell out?

You can't really correlate album sales to style points is what i'm getting at.  If T-Swift released some shoes, i'm sure at first they would sell out, but it's doubtful that she could consistently do it like Kanye .  Kanye has more fashion influence than music influence at this point.  
That's not what I was suggesting.   Album Sales =/= sneaker sales.

Let me just ask this... what do you envision for Kanye's future?  After this album at 38, and potentially the next album he's reportedly already working on to release this summer - what next?  Does his fashion line continue expanding (a lot of his stuff doesn't even sell out completely besides shoes, but that is partly based on prices)?  In a couple years does he quit making music altogether to focus solely on Fashion?  Hotels?   Or does he still release hip hop albums at 45+ years old?  

I definitely agree that the shoes are going to continue to be hype for a few years, but a few pages back people were mentioning that Kanye is this generation's Michael Jordan.  Do you think in 20 years, kids are gonna be camping outside of Footlockers for a retro of Yeezy 350s?

I'm not saying he's just gonna fall off the map and everything is going to come crashing down, but I also wonder how much "hype" is actually a factor in this right now.  They're only releasing 100k pairs or so per release so far, so it is extremely limited and thus the sharp increase in resale value.  I just wonder if the Yeezy stuff will trend more to Jordans (classics that have people still hype about them, 30 years later) or if it will trend more to other brands that have fallen off, such as The Hundreds, Diamond Supply Co, Obey, etc.  Maybe it's somewhere in the middle?

Dr Dre is 51.  

If he released a new album, everyone would jump on it.  

Look what he did with his musical production and talent.  He turned himself into a billionaire, which is what Kanye wants.  

That's not what I was suggesting.   Album Sales =/= sneaker sales.

Let me just ask this... what do you envision for Kanye's future?  After this album at 38, and potentially the next album he's reportedly already working on to release this summer - what next?  Does his fashion line continue expanding (a lot of his stuff doesn't even sell out completely besides shoes, but that is partly based on prices)?  In a couple years does he quit making music altogether to focus solely on Fashion?  Hotels?   Or does he still release hip hop albums at 45+ years old?  

I definitely agree that the shoes are going to continue to be hype for a few years, but a few pages back people were mentioning that Kanye is this generation's Michael Jordan.  Do you think in 20 years, kids are gonna be camping outside of Footlockers for a retro of Yeezy 350s?

I'm not saying he's just gonna fall off the map and everything is going to come crashing down, but I also wonder how much "hype" is actually a factor in this right now.  They're only releasing 100k pairs or so per release so far, so it is extremely limited and thus the sharp increase in resale value.  I just wonder if the Yeezy stuff will trend more to Jordans (classics that have people still hype about them, 30 years later) or if it will trend more to other brands that have fallen off, such as The Hundreds, Diamond Supply Co, Obey, etc.  Maybe it's somewhere in the middle?

The hype from his music drove people to his sneakers.
The hype from his sneakers drove people to his fashion collaborations.
The hype from his fashion collaborations will drive people to (hotels, apps, kitchenware???, whatever he decides to do next).

There is only 1 rapper on the planet with a sneaker more valuable than Kanye's.  

Eminem. 

He's also 40 years old and shows no signs of slipping up or slowing down.  Anything Marshall Mathers does is just more money in the bank.  

I'd say get a 9.5. I'm a 9 in retro boost but they are snug. 350s aren't as snug as retros. I have a 9 in 350s and i think i couldve gone 8.5 for the snug fit. But the 9s are fine.
I have wider feet. My Retro boost have slight room but they are just right. Still not sure if i should go for a 10 for some extra room. 

That's fine they can want the OGs. But there eventually be no hype train(like it is now) for yeezys in the situation i described.
Honestly, I don't OG 350s ever pulling same sort of hype as OG Jordans... Fast forward 3 years the public will hop on the newest trend but sneakerheads will covet OG 350s.
Y1s and Y2s were mostly a sneakerhead shoe. 350s have public appeal as we've noticed.

Shoes that only last 3-5 years were flops half way through. Kanye would have to Cosby some chick in a night club wearing an Adidas track suit in 1080p footage for Adidas to let him go.

I agree that people may need to pump the brakes a bit.  

Yeezy is hype right now

since Yeezy has had his own sig sneaker since the NAYZY1 they have been hyped. The hype has not died down in the slightest, only grown massively. True we do not know how long the hype can sustain, but it's been 7 years and counting....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom