ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter that it took him that long, the STORE sold him fake yeezys for $1700- they weren't taking them back for a refund and selling elsewhere- its a $1700 loss for them either way. Give that mom her money back and dont sell fakes. Parents shouldn't be spending that much in the first place but that doesn't make it right
Yes, it does matter. You gotta look at it from the owner's perspective. If somebody you sold some shoes to via eBay claimed they're fake more than a month later, you wouldn't be thinking to yourself 'this kid's tryna pull a fast one on me.'?????

If you set it and forget it you can end up like me with two pair of size 6.5 Belugas (wifes surprise gift). My offer was accepted on GOAT but I forgot I had also placed an offer on StockX which was accepted a short time later.

That happen to me. But both on GOAT I wanted red and black humans. So I put an offer up on both told myself whatever comes first I will just get that one. They got accepted at nearly the same time ole well lol

The way I see it, both are in the wrong. The shop for having fakes at 1 point and the kid for waiting 38 days!!!!!! If I was the owner and he came back to me more than a month later claiming the shoes he bought were fake, I'd tell him to kick rocks. Then again, I'd be more careful about the shoes I take in.

Disagree.  It is the shop's responsibility, especially in an industry where it is publicly known that there are a lot of fakes in the market, to provide their customers with the peace of mind that they are buying an authentic pair of shoes.   You can't blame the kid for buying what he thought was a legit pair, only to find out later that they were not legit.  He paid (well, his mom paid) $1700 just because it is supposed to be a reputable / guaranteed authentic pair.   If not, he should've just taken his chances on eBay for a lot less than $1700.  Why even buy it from a sneaker shop?

yeah, while it seems sketchy that he waited so long, he really had no reason to assume they were fake having bought them from a consignment shop. the shop is 100% at fault for having taken the fakes in to begin with. in a business where your reputation is everything, they should have been more careful

I don't think a teenager is dumb enough and has the balls to go scam a bunch of adults in person

I guess weirder things have happened though

Teens will scam adults all the time.

They hope the fact they are underage will protect them

Example

The dumb teen who a TEACHER paid money to secure dope for him. Teen student stiffed the teacher.

Teen caught them PAWS.

Kids think because they are kids they can skate on people. Man don't matter who you are someone will put it to you

same man, I remember my dad buying me the infrared 6s when they originally came out and not being happy about it
laugh.gif
same with me with my first pair of infrared 6's back in 1990. My mom nearly slapped the p*ss out of me for making her walk into ftl that day. She proceeded to walk out and dragged me to payless but we eventually went back and got my pair. 
pimp.gif

Yes, it does matter. You gotta look at it from the owner's perspective. If somebody you sold some shoes to via eBay claimed they're fake more than a month later, you wouldn't be thinking to yourself 'this kid's tryna pull a fast one on me.'?????
uhh except they clearly posted a photo of fakes on their IG.. smh how can you even defend the shop at this point?

that aint a sad story if you ended up getting the kicks. i remember my parents aint wanna drop $100 for uptowns (af1s) so they copped me from some nameless shoe store, all white swoosh-less af1 looking joints. 

This isn't an ebay deal, this is supposed to be a reputable shop and a seemingly clueless kid. The proof is in the pudding with that picture they posted. If this happened on ebay, then yes- you're right, but even then they have an extended period to return if theres an issue (paypal has either 60 or 90 days, so....)

That is true... but when someone else finds a PICTURE OF A FAKE PAIR FOR SALE ON YOUR INSTAGRAM PAGE.... you start to lose your side of the argument that the kid is pulling a fast one... 

Everything. The shape is weird. The pattern curves at an angle throughout the shoe when it's supposed to be straight towards the front then curve towards the back.
Totally see what you guys are saying on the shape.  I thought it may have been the angle as the camera is tilted slightly higher than a straight on sideways shot, but saw that too.

For the pattern I think I need to study these more because that looks pretty darn good to me.  Comparing it against the flight club stock images I'm having trouble seeing the difference.  Good on you guys for being able to see the fakery in these. 

Totally see what you guys are saying on the shape.  I thought it may have been the angle as the camera is tilted slightly higher than a straight on sideways shot, but saw that too.

For the pattern I think I need to study these more because that looks pretty darn good to me.  Comparing it against the flight club stock images I'm having trouble seeing the difference.  Good on you guys for being able to see the fakery in these. 
Those aren't even good fakes. 

Why the hell is a parent spending $1700 on a pair of shoes anyways? Unless this kid is dying of cancer or something and its on a make-a-wish type scenario this is ridiculous. He's old enough to have a job too
mean.gif

All that means is he let them sit on ice for a bit. I got homies sitting on TD, PB, and 750 DS.
GREAT POINT.. PLENTY OF US HAVE SHOES WE COPPED STILL DS.. HELL I WORE MY 07 ROYAL FOAMS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN JULY

GREAT POINT.. PLENTY OF US HAVE SHOES WE COPPED STILL DS.. HELL I WORE MY 07 ROYAL FOAMS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN JULY
But did you cop them and never look at them? I still have a ton of stuff DS too but I take a good look at my shoes before they go into the closet. And I don't know about you guys but if I'm dropping almost 2 Gs on some shoes, I'm legit checking at the nearest Adidas store, FB group, and NT thread I can find.

Why the hell is a parent spending $1700 on a pair of shoes anyways? Unless this kid is dying of cancer or something and its on a make-a-wish type scenario this is ridiculous. He's old enough to have a job too
mean.gif
EVERYBODY wants to jump down the throat of the store and they might be at fault. However the kid's story seems suspect to me. NONE of his peeps facted check them IN A MONTH? He didn't do any investigating on them AT ALL? He figures it out AFTER he ruins his kicks that mommy got for him? Speaking of mommy...if you live in SOCAL or have spent time there or in any richy rich area you know this to hold true...rich kids have ZERO back bone! When times get hard the turtle and cry and yeah...Their parents are no better.

Could the kicks be fake? Maybe

Could the kid have ruined his shoes and now is trying to get out of it or pulling an okie doke with a pair his boy got beat on or some junk like that? Maybe

To me it sounds like the store tried to do the stand up thing. Offered a refund, addressed dude ASAP, tried to meet the family half way. How is Kolorblind's rep before this? That will tell you a lot more than this kids crying on Reddit/ect. 

EVERYBODY wants to jump down the throat of the store and they might be at fault. However the kid's story seems suspect to me. NONE of his peeps facted check them IN A MONTH? He didn't do any investigating on them AT ALL? He figures it out AFTER he ruins his kicks that mommy got for him? Speaking of mommy...if you live in SOCAL or have spent time there or in any richy rich area you know this to hold true...rich kids have ZERO back bone! When times get hard the turtle and cry and yeah...Their parents are no better.

Could the kicks be fake? Maybe

Could the kid have ruined his shoes and now is trying to get out of it or pulling an okie doke with a pair his boy got beat on or some junk like that? Maybe

To me it sounds like the store tried to do the stand up thing. Offered a refund, addressed dude ASAP, tried to meet the family half way. How is Kolorblind's rep before this? That will tell you a lot more than this kids crying on Reddit/ect. 
I was skeptical of the story at first too. But the Instagram picture of the shoes that were sold seals the deal. The shop is totally in the wrong. Really no arguing it.

I was skeptical of the story at first too. But the Instagram picture of the shoes that were sold seals the deal. The shop is totally in the wrong. Really no arguing it.
Exactly. 

If Kolorblind was smart, they would've refunded this kid or given him a full $1700 in-store credit and kept everything hush hush.  Now they are being BLASTED on every sneaker blog / reddit / twitter / etc.  Not only that, but people are going to question the authenticity of the shoes they buy from them, or consider buying from them.  Just not a good look, PR wise. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom