ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

@ohitsteddy mentioned on Twitter that if you're in the market for TD's...wait. Not saying it's concrete, but he's a pretty no BS dude. Lot of people hate on him, but his vids are entertaining and he's not the one asking if he can sign their  grails. I don't see why peeps don't see a re-release as a possibility....didn't we just get OG NMD's?
Wex at Adidas just responded to Teddy on Twitter:  Thumbs down. Not happening.

Oh yeah that dude is plugged by who ? Last time I checked , first he hated yeezys, second he paid his **** on resale ... So wow, good sources you're quoting 
note I said not concrete fam so take it for what it's worth. Point being that a re-release is not entirely out of the realm of possibility. 

@ohitsteddy mentioned on Twitter that if you're in the market for TD's...wait. Not saying it's concrete, but he's a pretty no BS dude. Lot of people hate on him, but his vids are entertaining and he's not the one asking if he can sign their  grails. I don't see why peeps don't see a re-release as a possibility....didn't we just get OG NMD's?
the OG NMDs re-release was to mark the anniversary of the silhouettes introduction....not sure what the significance of a re-release of TDs would be in February.  

the OG NMDs re-release was to mark the anniversary of the silhouettes introduction....not sure what the significance of a re-release of TDs would be in February.  
Significance of cash in Adi bank acct...I don't think the OG NMD release was about anything other than money. Adi saw the demand and cashed in on it.

Last edited:
I honestly believe Adidas has moved on from V1 350 line. I don't see TD getting re-released. What's the point? Every Yeezy is hyped. They all sell like 10 cent freeze pops.

Significance of cash in Adi bank acct...I don't think the OG NMD release was about anything other than money. Adi saw the demand and cashed in on it.
Also yet another method to solidify the brand-building element of that particular shoe.  Unlike the TD, which is iconic enough that people are wrapping their cars with the pattern, the original OG NMD release was relatively quiet because people were tentative about the shoe and the OG NMD has been eclipsed in the public mindset by more popular NMDs like the Pitch Black, Nice Kicks, and Bape.  This was a way of them upping the hype for the OG NMD via an "anniversary thank you" and now even the most casual of shoe collectors know what the OG NMD looks like. 

Also yet another method to solidify the brand-building element of that particular shoe.  Unlike the TD, which is iconic enough that people are wrapping their cars with the pattern, the original OG NMD release was relatively quiet because people were tentative about the shoe and the OG NMD has been eclipsed in the public mindset by more popular NMDs like the Pitch Black, Nice Kicks, and Bape.  This was a way of them upping the hype for the OG NMD via an "anniversary thank you" and now even the most casual of shoe collectors know what the OG NMD looks like. 
Agreed....the OG NMD had little to no hype. I walked right past them in my local FTL.

Last edited:
How long after your Barney's order was processed did y'all receive your pair? I haven't received shipping confirmation and FedEx isn't showing anything as well.

I don't think Adi would have re released them if they weren't in demand though. Many of the models that eclipsed the OG were collabs or limited.

I don't think Adi would have re released them if they weren't in demand though. Many of the models that eclipsed the OG were collabs or limited.
Oh, I'm definitely not saying they weren't in demand.  I'm saying Adidas wanted to further tie the words "NMD" with that particular OG model as a brand image.  It helps them down the road, especially as they continue to release new offshoots, to remind the public what the pivot point design-wise is that they are working off of.  

As a consumer, I'm just happy to get my hands on an OG pair or two for retail, but as a person who follows how these companies promote their brand image to the public I find it fascinating.  It's like they are taking the lessons learned from Jordan releases and making these calculated moves that are paying off in a big way.

Going back to Yeezy (because we are in the Yeezy thread after all)...my two cents on the TD restock: Adidas used the Pirate Black rerelease as their test case in rereleasing V1s to see if it made sense to rerelease the Turtle Dove and others.  What happened? The 2015 Pirate Black resell went down, the hype around the Pirate Black shrank compared to the other V1s, and they have since learned that they have just as much hype and cash return with new V2 models.  The Turtle Dove V1 is their grail of grails shoe and the Pirate Black rerelease was the moment Adidas saw it didn't make sense to harm the most important commodity they had with Yeezys...the public image that they are incredibly exclusive.  The TD is the most hard to find shoe at the heart of a hard to find shoe model.

Last edited:
How long after your Barney's order was processed did y'all receive your pair? I haven't received shipping confirmation and FedEx isn't showing anything as well.
You won't receive confirmation or shipping confirmation from Barneys. I would register for a Fedex Delivery manager to view your tracking.

Cause hes been right 100% of the time everytime.
Has he..
laugh.gif

Oh, I'm definitely not saying they weren't in demand.  I'm saying Adidas wanted to further tie the words "NMD" with that particular OG model as a brand image.  It helps them down the road, especially as they continue to release new offshoots, to remind the public what the pivot point design-wise is that they are working off of.  

As a consumer, I'm just happy to get my hands on an OG pair or two for retail, but as a person who follows how these companies promote their brand image to the public I find it fascinating.  It's like they are taking the lessons learned from Jordan releases and making these calculated moves that are paying off in a big way.

Going back to Yeezy (because we are in the Yeezy thread after all)...my two cents on the TD restock: Adidas used the Pirate Black rerelease as their test case in rereleasing V1s to see if it made sense to rerelease the Turtle Dove and others.  What happened? The 2015 Pirate Black resell went down, the hype around the Pirate Black shrank compared to the other V1s, and they have since learned that they have just as much hype and cash return with new V2 models.  The Turtle Dove V1 is their grail of grails shoe and the Pirate Black rerelease was the moment Adidas saw it didn't make sense to harm the most important commodity they had with Yeezys...the public image that they are incredibly exclusive.  The TD is the most hard to find shoe at the heart of a hard to find shoe model.
do you think Adidas is concerned that the resell price went down on PB's? Unless they are selling their own stock on the side hows the resell market effect their bottom line? Hypes cool but you can't spend it..

On the Choc 750 release I got the call Monday morning, charged the next day, and received the shoes the next week on Wednesday. i'm in California BTW, another NTer got them much sooner but they were closer to NY.

do you think Adidas is concerned that the resell price went down on PB's? Unless they are selling their own stock on the side hows the resell market effect their bottom line? Hypes cool but you can't spend it..
I'm glad you brought this up as this is an important distinction people keep getting hung up on:  

Do shoe companies care about how much money resellers make after they release?  No.  

Do shoe companies TRACK resell markets because the general public views high resell as an item being more wanted?  Absolutely.  

A company like Adidas, in their boardroom, can justify upping the price of Yeezys IF they have the data that the demand is there.  They can also justify releasing a high volume of shoes like they did for the V2 Oreos IF they know they will sell out.  

Now before you think "they can just go off of the actual sales to make those projections"...they can only project so far into the future with that info.  For instance, once upon a time NMD Chukkas sold out...but afterward their resell was non-existent.  From that, Adidas could figure out "We got lucky this release...but it's no slam dunk these will sell out next time.  People just don't like them that much".  Sure enough, they tried making the NMD Chukka their first trail shoes in an attempt to jumpstart that model and the NMD Chukka Trail Shoes sat on the Adidas website for a long time (and likely made someone who stuck their neck out at Adidas look quite bad in the process).

Think about it this way: I can guarantee you there is someone within Adidas saying that they can up the production numbers on Yeezys even further in the future, and using as their justification, "Our largest volume release so far was the V2 Oreos...and those are selling for far over DOUBLE retail on the secondary market.  Yeah, I feel confident we can up the production numbers and they will sell out."

At the end of the day, it's all data.  Adidas has been a success because they are using this data unlike any shoe company I've ever seen to make their decisions.  It's like Moneyball for the shoe game.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom