ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think tipping culture is terrible-if businesses paid service workers more than $2/hr in the US, customers wouldn’t have to subsidize the workers’ income via tipping.

In Europe, servers are actually paid a fair wage and tips are considered extra/bonuses. And the price of goods/services isn’t THAT much more than here in the US either.

well they tried that and people found it off putting that their food was 20% more for some reason, they rather have the choice of what they want to tip. cause some people like to feel like they have some kind of power smh.....

you have a point working for tips sucks and we should just pay them a fair livable wage. cause people are scum will run a 100$ tab and tip 5 bucks

until then i will just tip my 20%+

Their info is not always 100%, but there has been nothing to suggest the OG colorway will re-release.
I pray these re-release. Should have copped from the original release... might of never gotten them but it would have been a nice gamble lol.

Baby 700s is not a sign?
To be fair his kids have had most of the V1 and V2 cw’s in children sizes. I am not sure the og 700’s will rerelease but honestly can’t wait for more cws to drop. Hopefully those blue-ish ones with gum buttom and the white ones will drop next year. My favorite Yeezy silhouette no doubt.

C949BCDF-7BC3-46B5-A5BD-19FD878948D8.jpeg

4D8EEDBB-354C-493D-83D9-53E7C7C6D225.jpeg

These are all I need right now. So damn nice!

Honestly, I think tipping culture is terrible-if businesses paid service workers more than $2/hr in the US, customers wouldn’t have to subsidize the workers’ income via tipping.

In Europe, servers are actually paid a fair wage and tips are considered extra/bonuses. And the price of goods/services isn’t THAT much more than here in the US either.

As some states raise the minimum wage to $15/hr it’ll be a bit closer to the UK and EU. It’s all relative, servers in some states actually are paid below minimum wage since tips are calculated into their wages. Same applies (to a degree) to piece work in factories within the US.

The first time I was overseas for business I was going to leave a tip. The people I was with said not to. You only would leave a euro/pound or two for exceptional service. They even asked the server in front of me about leaving a tip and the server stated it wasn’t common. They got a laugh at the ignorant american’s expense.

Last edited:
C949BCDF-7BC3-46B5-A5BD-19FD878948D8.jpeg

4D8EEDBB-354C-493D-83D9-53E7C7C6D225.jpeg

These are all I need right now. So damn nice!

If we're comparing 700s, the original colorway looks way better than this baby blue one...

One of the only things I like about the 700s is they look nice without slim pants. Feel like the 350s only look good with slimmer pants.

Dunno, I understand why we tip but is it really our fault that a person's employer pays them below min wage..?

Also is it really fair to base the tip the waiter or waitress based on cooks in the kitchen?

I don't think meal prices should go up if waiters and waitresses are paid above min wage...I think those employers should just pay their damn employees or choose a different business to run.

Fwiw I do tip well but I just feel like the status quo is ******** and we are only going along with it because "that's how it's always been."

Dunno, I understand why we tip but is it really our fault that a person's employer pays them below min wage..?

Also is it really fair to base the tip the waiter or waitress based on cooks in the kitchen?

I don't think meal prices should go up if waiters and waitresses are paid above min wage...I think those employers should just pay their damn employees or choose a different business to run.

Fwiw I do tip well but I just feel like the status quo is bull**** and we are only going along with it because "that's how it's always been."

If tips weren't expected, I wonder if service would go up, in general. I mean people can still do a half *** job and most of the time they're gonna get a full tip of at least 15%. Where's the risk?

Restaurants usually 15-20%. I use a very thought out 4-part 5% scale. It goes like this:

5% for personality
5% for attentiveness
5% for accuracy of order
5% for looks - cause let's face it, a waitress with missing teeth is gonna impact my experience

Nail them all and you get 20%

Totally Kidding. This is a long standing joke of mine! However- I did run this by my wife and she thinks I'm an a-hole. Hahah. Well she already thinks that anyway. Gues I should implement it for reals! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom