ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

businesses thrive on suckers like you who think $200 is a charity.

congratulations you played yourself.
Stop trolling people and say something constructive instead of making personal attacks.

All he was saying is that businesses exist to make money. The best part was is that he was agreeing with you lmao

I agree, they are trying to be like nike and jordan. Nike has created a secondary market with Jordan hype and people re-selling their shoes for higher amounts. Nike could easily increase their prices (which they do and is smart). They just use the Jordan hype to sell a ton of other shoes too.

Exactly what adidas is doing with Kanye being the center of their marketing right now.
Nike increased their prices this year on Jordan's and it has back fired. Retro releases haven't sat the we they do now in years. Literally FSR of GR's everywhere just sitting. Online, in store, everywhere. Last year, hardly any GR didn't sell out, even the ugly ones.

Nike increased their prices this year on Jordan's and it has back fired. Retro releases haven't sat the we they do now in years. Literally FSR of GR's everywhere just sitting. Online, in store, everywhere. Last year, hardly any GR didn't sell out, even the ugly ones.
That's because this year they've put out terrible Jordans.

But if you look at Nike's Profit and Losses, this is the best financial year the company has ever had in it's history. So no, it hasn't back fired whatsoever, it has helped them sell more shoes.

350s at $200 is reasonable considering Kanye's name is attached to them.

Kanye is a beginner designer. Or if he doesn't deserve the title "designer," he's at least a trendsetter.

Remember, he's no Raf, he's no Rick.

Last edited:

That's because this year they've put out terrible Jordans.

But if you look at Nike's Profit and Losses, this is the best financial year the company has ever had in it's history. So no, it hasn't back fired whatsoever, it has helped them sell more shoes.
Wait, you're telling me this is the only year they put of terrible Jordan's? They put out crap colorways every year and they still sold out. 

This is the best financial year for the company because of how genius they are when it comes to marketing. It has nothing to do with over saturating and over pricing Jordan's. 

Wait, you're telling me this is the only year they put of terrible Jordan's? They put out crap colorways every year and they still sold out. 

This is the best financial year for the company because of how genius they are when it comes to marketing. It has nothing to do with over saturating and over pricing Jordan's. 
Haha that's exactly what I was saying. They are great at marketing with Jordan and building hype to help them sell shoes.

Personally, I don't know enough about Jordans and what is releasing and what isn't. So I probably shouldn't argue that with you, you know more than me.

All I was saying is that they use their hype/marketing with Jordan and the resell market to help them sell other shoes. And yes, they are great at that and it shows with their market share (45% or something like that) and their historical profits/growth this year.

Last edited:
Lol this thread
gQl0SMH.jpg

Over saturation actually helps Nike a TON.

Let's say if they put out 100 units of a wack retro.

They sell 60 units in store at full MSRP and Have 40 units sit - to some this is a "flop" release.

Nike is genius in the fact that they have "Nike outlets" to sell that 40% that didn't sell of that particular unit.

If retail was $220 - and outlet price $160, those 40 discounted units would sell out ASAP.

Nike wins.

No matter what, they win.

Unfortunately other brands can't excell in the outlet Strategy.

Adidas outlets tend to be awful.

Adidas is not looking to win this year, they are looking for big strides years down the road.

Invest big now = big return later.

Kanye is a beginner designer. Or if he doesn't deserve the title "designer," he's at least a trendsetter.

As the consumer you're suppose to think that, no one wants to pay more for something. We are talking about if we were in an executive position with Adidas what the prices should be. If they were focused on profit with the yeezys, someone would have been fired as you have the reseller walking away with what should be the companies profits. But as we can all see this is not where their focus lies, they want resellers going after their shoes, they want people fighting over them, people staying up all night to get them, camping out, etc...

I agree, they are trying to be like nike and jordan. Nike has created a secondary market with Jordan hype and people re-selling their shoes for higher amounts. Nike could easily increase their prices (which they do and is smart). They just use the Jordan hype to sell a ton of other shoes too.

Exactly what adidas is doing with Kanye being the center of their marketing right now.

TRUTH. JORDAN BRAND IS DEF HURTING THE IMAGE OF RETROS RIGHT NOW WITH THE PRICE INCREASES PLUS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE COLORWAYS.

ONLY RETRO I HAVE BOUGHT THIS YEAR HAS BEEN THE HARE 7'S AND WILL GET THE AQUA 8'S. DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE AT ALL, EVEN THE CHRISTMAS 11S.

They sell 60 units in store at full MSRP and Have 40 units sit - to some this is a "flop" release.

Nike is genius in the fact that they have "Nike outlets" to sell that 40% that didn't sell of that particular unit.

If retail was $220 - and outlet price $160, those 40 discounted units would sell out ASAP.

Nike wins.

Adidas is not looking to win this year, they are looking for big strides years down the road.

Good points here with Nike.

I think adidas is on the right track too. They've had great success with Kanye this year, they've taken top designers from Nike and the development of the boost technology has been great. I think they will be killing it in a couple more years.

so true 

Nike wins.

Yes but over saturating Jordan's and increasing the price doesn't do anything to help Nike sell soccer shoes, apparel, etc.. I was responding to the gentleman who said Jordan brand is helping Nike this year with sales due to the increased price on retros. 

Nike is having it's best year in sales because Nike is a marketing genius. Nothing to do with Jordan brand's increased price and over saturation of the market. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom