ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not going to derail the thread but if you make 300k and u have luxy car and no properties to save u on taxes some one needs to smack u upside the head lol..

One who makes that much would own a home? Don't be so closed minded, that's why most of you think and imagine it's hard to make a lot of money or think it's gotta be fake. You think cheap you will stay broke. I share my success with the world when I'm out. You achieve and make what you believe. This money is pocket change to many out there so I will continue to work on things to make me rich, in my mind I am already rich. You have people renting homes that cost more a month than your average mortgage out there.

Think small guys and continue to be small, think cheap and continue to always be broke. Live life like it's your last day and money will always come and go.

Adding.... A mortgage is not always a good thing depending on where you live.. You hope that it will go up in time. Let's say you're paying 5,000 a month in a city where I can rent a nice two bedroom for $2,500 a month. I think I'll take $2,500 a month because I can enjoy that money I earn in a big city. Buying a house is the American Dream but it's also become another way to just have your money tied up for long periods of time. We're taught to own your home, it's the way to go but it really isn't today when you have about 70% of people in most big cities renting.

Last edited:
im not going to derail the thread but if you make 300k and u have luxy car and no properties to save u on taxes some one needs to smack u upside the head lol..

Wrong thinking my friend. While property taxes do help come tax time, it does make a huge difference when you have an extremely low interest rate. Any tax person will tell you that the best way is to own a business and expense most of what you buy for the business or write it off at the end of the year.

I have the subway and rent.. I'm ok with that.

Last edited:
Wrong thinking my friend. While property taxes do help come tax time, it does make a huge difference when you have an extremely low interest rate. Any tax person will tell you that the best way is to own a business and expense most of what you buy for the business or write it off at the end of the year.

Having my money free will also allow me to put money in to the stock market or take that money and invest in the next big tech start up.

Last edited:

i applaud your thinking but why no car?? mass transit is the absolute worst here in NYC. i guess you use uber too but i bet if you add up your uber bill at the end of the month thats a car payment

jake80 if you live in manhattan and only stay in manhattan its quite understandable if you only use the subway

i applaud your thinking but why no car?? mass transit is the absolute worst here in NYC. i guess you use uber too but i bet if you add up your uber bill at the end of the month thats a car payment

Live close to where you work, you can take a bike. Ride sharing has become the next best thing because you can share the cost. Cost me $5 which is a little higher than a train ride.

Last edited:
One who makes that much would own a home? Don't be so closed minded, that's why most of you think and imagine it's hard to make a lot of money or think it's gotta be fake. You think cheap you will stay broke. I share my success with the world when I'm out. You achieve and make what you believe. This money is pocket change to many out there so I will continue to work on things to make me rich, in my mind I am already rich. You have people renting homes that cost more a month than your average mortgage out there.

Think small guys and continue to be small, think cheap and continue to always be broke. Live life like it's your last day and money will always come and go.
This has got to be one of the dumbest anecdotes I've ever read.  I can deduce that you are not in finance.

Go give your advice to those multi-millionaire athletes who had the world in their hand, hundreds of millions in earnings and are now broke.  The wealthy don't get that way or stay that way by following your statement.  Also the people who are renting those $xx,xxx a month homes aren't living solely off rental property.  They typically have real estate in other parts of the country, continent, world, but are renting in their current location which is typically temporary and a tax deduction.

How can someone making so much money, be such a fool in the statements

Please do not applaud this thinking or take any of this away as solid advice. 

Please do not applaud this thinking or take any of this away as solid advice. 
listen i applaud it bc he is probably young and single and the way he is thinking is fine for that, being young and single, I'm married and kids are in the future, i make entirely way too much money so i need write offs (house and kids) and am looking to buy my first home real soon. i applaud him bc i can't be relying on the train to take me everywhere thats crazy, i wish i could but there is no other comfort than sitting in your own car getting to where you have to go at your pace not someone elses. 

get a wife and eventually kids and say to said wife we are taking the subway everywhere we have to go and see how far that gets you(assuming he is that wealthy and can afford a car, on the contrary there are poor people who's only form of transportation is subway)

This has got to be one of the dumbest anecdotes I've ever read.  I can deduce that you are not in finance.

Go give your advice to those multi-millionaire athletes who had the world in their hand, hundreds of millions in earnings and are now broke.  The wealthy don't get that way or stay that way by following your statement.  Also the people who are renting those $xx,xxx a month homes aren't living solely off rental property.  They typically have real estate in other parts of the country, continent, world, but are renting in their current location which is typically temporary and a tax deduction.

How can someone making so much money, be such a fool in the statements

Listen,

I'm not saying you can have all the money in the world and not be dumb in how you manage it. What I'm saying is living the American Dream and owning a home is not today's thinking. I understand there is a thing called manage your finances properly but I also believe if you can't have something because of your finances then CHANGE your thinking to do things different. It's simple

Last edited:
the american dream of owning a home is the BIGGEST HORSE **** THEORY I EVER HEARD you are so right about that.

i live in NYC, well not technically NYC but surrounding area and the prices of homes over here are out of control, someone from a state such as florida, texas, michigan etc will never understand why a person from a major city always talks bad about owning a home. for what we pay for a mid level home THAT NEEDS WORK you can get something brand new in those states. it sucks but this is why i say its the biggest horse **** theory ever. maybe if i lived in alabama or kentucky i wouldn't say the same thing

and if i could take my job making the same money to one of those states i'd run but that isn't happening so I'm stuck here

did you finally get them in your size?

taylor-swift-kanye-west-kim-kardashian-dancing-brit-awards-2015-1.gif

Side note, I just realized my photo I posted was my 2000th post. My OCD levels are on god mode right now.

Last edited:

the american dream of owning a home is the BIGGEST HORSE **** THEORY I EVER HEARD you are so right about that.

i live in NYC, well not technically NYC but surrounding area and the prices of homes over here are out of control, someone from a state such as florida, texas, michigan etc will never understand why a person from a major city always talks bad about owning a home. for what we pay for a mid level home THAT NEEDS WORK you can get something brand new in those states. it sucks but this is why i say its the biggest horse **** theory ever. maybe if i lived in alabama or kentucky i wouldn't say the same thing
It's all relative.  Your return on that home in a major city will appreciate (typically quicker) than a home in other places.  I live in the city with the highest cost of living - yes higher than NY (Ill let you figure out where), and buying property as investment has been the best decision I made.  A couple properties have increased by close to 100k over the last 15 months, and that's all equity at my disposal to further invest.

Its not a horse **** theory.. it makes sense.

I couldn't agree more. For me it's about enjoying the company of friends and family out in a big city. There is so much to see, do and eat. I don't want to go out and be like I can't have that $300 dinner because I have a mortgage. Its most likely a 30 year so you will have that as debt for that long unless the market changes and you sell for a profit. Then you're now looking at buying a house in today's expensive market putting you in the same position as the last, nothing changes.

Yes it has and I was definitely a contributor to that. Hopefully the next Yeezy drop will be more available, doubt it tho.

If Adidas is smart they will make the next Yeezy drop a GR. So many hungry people that couldn't cop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom