ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

why are people getting upset at kanye like adidas didn't price everything

kanye is a hypocrite, sure

but the prices and production are out of his control, again

what the hell can he do about it? nothing you dummies
They are calling him a hypocrite because he was not honest.

He knew all of this ahead of time, yet he lied.

If he would have just said  "The 750 will be limited, sorry."

I think people would have been ok with that.

He basically set himself up for the backlash.

Not arguing but I think that makes adidas look bad and being a new partnership I could understand why he would not say that.

when has kanye ever lied? he's told whatever he thinks is the truth since 03. Im sure he's not going to lie over a shoe. when he's called george bush out on t.v before.

He obviously didnt know, until the breakfast club which he said its not where he wants it to be. and explained he was surprised he couldn't get more control but understood over time it will come.

Last edited:
why are people getting upset at kanye like adidas didn't price everything

kanye is a hypocrite, sure

but the prices and production are out of his control, again

what the hell can he do about it? nothing you dummies

I never get why people call people dummies, when most of the "information" in here is purely opinion based. It just takes away from the point you were able to articulate rather well.

But in all fairness, production #'s and prices may be out of his control, but still tied to his product. Some accountability should be held, ESPECIALLY when you come out to the public and make the kind of announcements that he has made, in regard to his line with Adidas.

Again, I can not tell you what to do sir, but the name calling is not necessary.

Been searching this thread and been on this site for a while without a username and account so I apologize for this being my first official post.

What are the final thoughts on using Jason Markk Repel on these? I know in previous pages somewhere there were opinions but I couldn't find even with search feature. Is it worth spraying to protect? Or is cleaning as needed a better strategy?

Yesterday I searched Yeezy Boost on Google and I kept seeing these really high resolution pics of the Yeezy Boost. 

When I clicked the linked site wearemorons.com it took me to a replica website.

I'm guessing those were the pics they used when they didn't have the shoe in hand.

The picture were very profesional looking.

The pics were titled legit check, but  were linked to a rep site:lol:

I saved all of them so I would know what a real Yeezy looks like up close.

Just in case I decide to bite the bullet later on.

You better bite the bullet now before they get more expensive

I bit the bullet during the NY first release paid $900 and was scared I was trippin and should just wait lol I'm glad im extra thirsty!

Ehh kanye really ain't changed a bit
laugh.gif

Watch an interview for 04 or 03, same dude
Just wanna jump in and out here.

Yeah he has, his attitude towards clothes and crap whatever

his music and his mental state are off entirely

Same dude who said bush doesn't care about blacks during katrina

last week said racism doesn't exist, its just something people argue about for no reason.

Same dude talking about getting it in early with 17 year olds.

i won't even go into anymore because i just can't, you can like what he produces, like his shoes, or his music, but please don't idolize this man

Last edited:
I know there are a lot of Kanye Stans and newbs ITT that may not be hip to the OG Ye' 

Had my music on shuffle.. this joint came on ... Killa , Cons and Ye :smokin

Ye said this 10 years ago  :mindblown 

" Im a head of my time, sometimes years out, so the powers that be wont let me get my ideas out" 

I know there are a lot of Kanye Stans and newbs ITT that may not be hip to the OG Ye' 

" Im a head of my time, sometimes years out, so the powers that be wont let me get my ideas out" 

Nothing against you fam, but I still think it's funny when people on NT assume a lot others are the Millenial generation. I'm only 23 (24 this year) but I grabbed College Dropout when it was released and still have all his albums on heavy rotation. But hey. I don't blame you or anybody that makes the assumptions especially with all the heads on ktt etc

Nothing against you fam, but I still think it's funny when people on NT assume a lot others are the Millenial generation. I'm only 23 (24 this year) but I grabbed College Dropout when it was released and still have all his albums on heavy rotation. But hey. I don't blame you or anybody that makes the assumptions especially with all the heads on ktt etc
You, my friend were not my target audience when I posted this...lol... repped for being early to the game.. I realize not everyone has to be down wh Ye since day one, just trying to bless the latecomers  and keep the thread fresh with good content! 

You, my friend were not my target audience when I posted this...lol... repped for being early to the game.. I realize not everyone has to be down wh Ye since day one, just trying to bless the latecomers  and keep the thread fresh with good content! 

Repped for the fresh take on the thread. It started going off topic badly. Good looks fam

I will 1 up you:

On the Talib Kweli "Just to get by Remix" Kanye stated :mindblown

"This gon be interesting, this'll be the end of me OR I'm finna be an entity, ........ we are not making songs no more, we're making history"

that was 2002

Last edited:
I will 1 up you:

On the Talib Kweli "Just to get by Remix" Kanye stated :mindblown

"This gon be interesting, this'll be the end of me OR I'm finna be an entity, ........ we are not making songs no more, we're making history"

that was 2002
that verse was pure fire 

If you really wanted the 750 Boost, you ended up with them.

Too many people on here have boxes of sneakers piled up in their bedrooms, spendings of way more than $2,000, to say that not having these is Adidas or Kanye's fault.

Not to mention, half of the people with Yeezy's (Nike, LV, or Adidas) are never going to wear them outside.

Last edited:

I don't think he was dishonest.  Most people misinterpreted.  He said, "Eventually everyone who wants to get Yeezy's will get Yeezy's."  <-- Does not mean the first initial sneaker launch and/or this specific style or colorway.  Maybe down the line with other styles and/or colorways we may see morep production numbers.

He said, "9000 pairs produced overall by Adidas".  Again, most misinterpreted thinking it was 9k pairs in the 1st NYC launch.  Not accurate at all.  We did not get 9k pairs on the initial launch.  2nd launch was just as limited and the one upcoming "Euro Only" will be as well. Leading to believe the number stated may be fairly accurate.

I already agreed that he looks like a hypocrite, and the talks around the time when his deal sprung up aren't helping him

...yet it feels like people in here assume he was plotting all along to release the shoe like this. He was clearly misinformed and overestimated his control over the project but boasted about it anyway, jumped the gun, promising things that never came to fruition because adidas said no

I was telling people to wait for official word, these same people were telling me kanye said it'll be general release (not even his words) and I insisted that they not celebrate before the party even began. Now they weren't invited to the party and they feel betrayed, oh well

I already agreed that he looks like a hypocrite, and the talks around the time when his deal sprung up aren't helping him

...yet it feels like people in here assume he was plotting all along to release the shoe like this. He was clearly misinformed and overestimated his control over the project but boasted about it anyway, jumped the gun, promising things that never came to fruition because adidas said no

I was telling people to wait for official word, these same people were telling me kanye said it'll be general release (not even his words) and I insisted that they not celebrate before the party even began. Now they weren't invited to the party and they feel betrayed, oh well
I'm not saying he was plotting, but I do believe when he made the announcement about the shoes he knew.

This dude flew to China to oversee the project and you are telling me days before the release he had no idea

of production numbers?  Look at how he worded it, he knew.  He also knew which shoe everyone wanted.

I don't feel betrayed at all, but he did make a big promise about changing sneaker culture.

That he did,  the Yeezy Boost looks to be on track to have the highest resale value of all his shoes.

I dont get the point of all this BS.its the same stuff with nike. So for sdidas to hold the shoe's production was dissapointing. This release has been similar to his nike release. I think he knew the deal the whole time. Adidas just offered him more money period.

Size 6 is at $4,050 on eBay. :smh:. These would be too big for me anyway so I guess I'm not missing out, still wanted them though.

I dont get the point of all this BS.its the same stuff with nike. So for sdidas to hold the shoe's production was dissapointing. This release has been similar to his nike release. I think he knew the deal the whole time. Adidas just offered him more money period.
Probably true, he did leave nike because they didn't give him royalties. Nike says no because hes not a pro athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom