ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured that much. But you can't calculate the profit Adidas made unless you knew how much it cost for them to make it and the cost to get it to the shelves. 

Also, there is no real numbers right now of how many pairs are made. Unless you're estimating that from thin air too. 

Right but it all makes sense why they are trying to make him the man right now. You can do simple math based on numbers floating around, if that's what one sneaker release can do then Adidas is headed in the right direction.

Last edited:
but they're NOT making him the center piece right now. Adidas gets majority of its revenue elsewhere, what Kanye's line or so far just the Y750 are just small potatoes to what Adidas makes. Kanye's line is only adding hype to his own shoes, it's not like those who missed out on a pair of Y750 went out and bought 10 pairs of Damian Lillard's. He's not helping the brand all around so it's unlikely he's getting the "Jordan treatment" like how you put it. 

Last edited:
but they're NOT making him the center piece right now. Adidas gets majority of its revenue elsewhere, what Kanye's line or so far just the Y750 are just small potatoes to what Adidas makes. Kanye's line is only adding hype to his own shoes, it's not like those who missed out on a pair of Y750 went out and bought 10 pairs of Damian Lillard's.

You really don't get it do you? Think past one sneaker and in to the future, that's what these top execs are paid to do. He's the hype for the brand. And he's relevent for markets Adidas not so strong in.

anyway, didn't mean to rant, was just stating I'm happy to see the direction Adidas is going.

Last edited:

Re-sellers trying to get as much buck as possible 
laugh.gif
 I see what your doing....... These ain't the Nike Y2's and will never go up as high. If anything they will only increase Y2's value. These will be in the same price range as the Y1's or possibly lower. 
you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

just a salty *** NTER ranting for attention

roll.gif

You really don't get it do you? Think past one sneaker and in to the future, that's what these top execs are paid to do. He's the hype for the brand.
I do get it but YOU don't get it. Because it doesn't make sense. You are so blinded if you think Kanye is going to be the reason why Adidas becomes a #1 brand

I do get it but YOU don't get it. Because it doesn't make sense. You are so blinded if you think Kanye is going to be the reason why Adidas becomes a #1 brand

View media item 1458953

I'm not blinded, it was the best move they could've done to shift the tide.

And maybe you're not reading throughly, he's the hype for Adidas something they didn't have prior. Nike lives off hype, that's a key to success.

Last edited:
yes Kanye is hype, and yes he's hype for Adidas. But he's only hype for his own line. Like I said, he's not helping the brand all around which brings us back to your original statement that Kanye is the Jordan of Adidas. He's not and he won't be. Kanye on Adidas is not going to help them topple Nike. You're thinking tide shifts when it's only puddle splashes. 

And Adidas has had hype prior to Kanye's line.. if you didn't knew that, then I can understand why you think Kanye is the "EVERYTHING" of Adidas. 

Last edited:
yes Kanye is hype, and yes he's hype for Adidas. But he's only hype for his own line. Like I said, he's not helping the brand all around which brings us back to your original statement that Kanye is the Jordan of Adidas. He's not and he won't be. 

And Adidas has had hype prior to Kanye's line.. if you didn't knew that, then I can understand why you think Kanye is the "EVERYTHING" of Adidas. 

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] One person can be a game changer to an organization. Do you know how much revenue Jordan brand brings to the Nike Brand? What % by one person who changed the game?

in 2013 2.7 billion to the basketball brand in the U.S. alone.

Yes, one person can change the game.

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] One person can be a game changer to an organization. Do you know how much revenue Jordan brand brings to the Nike Brand? What % by one person who changed the game?
Jordan brand is just a tiny bit of Nikes overall sales...

I'm talking minuscule

I'm not blinded, it was the best move they could've done to shift the tide.

And maybe you're not reading throughly, he's the hype for Adidas something they didn't have prior. Nike lives off hype, that's a key to success.
Nike doesn't live off hype. They're just a household name that everyone knows.. they're not #1 because of the Chromeposites and Lebron Champ packs. That limited stuff is for a small crowd of people and the YZY line seems to be an even smaller crowd judging by these botched releases outside of NY during AS weekend. Just look at all the little kids you see in KDs and the older crowd you see in Lunars or random Airmaxes, the hype helps within our crowd but like the other guy said Kanye is a small part of Adidas and these super hyped Nike releases are a small part of Nikes marketshare. A huge athlete > a rapper, Nike has had the largest players in the sports locked down, Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, Jeter, etc... thats the key and Adidas cant mess with them there.

I'm speaking strictly about the American market before people start chiming in about soccer.

Nike doesn't live off hype. They're just a household name that everyone knows.. they're not #1 because of the Chromeposites and Lebron Champ packs. That limited stuff is for a small crowd of people and the YZY line seems to be an even smaller crowd judging by these botched releases outside of NY during AS weekend. Just look at all the little kids you see in KDs and the older crowd you see in Lunars or random Airmaxes, the hype helps within our crowd but like the other guy said Kanye is a small part of Adidas and these super hyped Nike releases are a small part of Nikes marketshare. A huge athlete > a rapper, Nike has had the largest players in the sports locked down, Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, Jeter, etc... thats the key and Adidas cant mess with them there.

I'm speaking strictly about the American market before people start chiming in about soccer.

again, I'm not saying he's Jordan, he's enough to turn the ship in a positive way and has serious potential. There is no one right now that will create more hype then Kanye for the brand. .

Lmao.. And we're done.. This has impacted me in more emotional ways than you can imagine. Being the small guy, always picked on by bigger guys. [emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128553[/emoji]... Now big brother in the mix to knock those big guys down. For this, I thank you YEEZUS. You've changed my life forever.

Last edited:
again, I'm not saying he's Jordan, he's enough to turn the ship in a positive way and has serious potential. There is no one right now that will create more hype then Kanye for the brand. .
:lol: okay so they're gonna have a bunch of kids clamoring for another very limited amount of shoes, not to mention only a tiny percent of the general public even knows what company makes them... yeah, Nike better watch out. Those $1000 ADIDAS jackets are gonna start pulling away their customers. I really dont think you understand how narrow of a scope this whole Kanye thing is.

but they're NOT making him the center piece right now. Adidas gets majority of its revenue elsewhere, what Kanye's line or so far just the Y750 are just small potatoes to what Adidas makes. Kanye's line is only adding hype to his own shoes, it's not like those who missed out on a pair of Y750 went out and bought 10 pairs of Damian Lillard's. He's not helping the brand all around so it's unlikely he's getting the "Jordan treatment" like how you put it. 
I agree with you for the most part, but I did become interested in a few Adidas sneakers after not getting the Yeezys. I've bought two pair of Tubulars and plan on picking up some SL Loops and pure boost. I might be a small percentage of people that did that, and of course everyone on here is Nike biased anyway (for obvious reasons), but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person to buy an Adidas product that normally wouldn't have.

How old is Christian Louboutin? 51, think about that for a second or any other well known fashion designer.

Compared to most he's young.
Does he have years of independent success in the fashion industry like Louboutin? I'll wait 'till you figure it out.  

Does he have years of independent success in the fashion industry like Louboutin? I'll wait 'till you figure it out.  

No, but he's creating something different in fashion that most hip hop artist like himself haven't, with other artist catering to mostly urban street culture. He's changing the game, and for that, he will have a great future.

[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]

Oh, and some things in common. Both college drop outs, creative artistic mind & they both have a shoe line.

Last edited:
No, but he's creating something different in fashion that most hip hop artist like himself haven't, with other artist catering to mostly urban street culture. He's changing the game, and for that, he will have a great future.

[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]
Too late in the game for that. He changed the game for now but as he ages he'll turn to something like architecture or something. Name one successful designer that showed their first collection in their mid-30's. 

Too late in the game for that. He changed the game for now but as he ages he'll turn to something like architecture or something. Name one successful designer that showed their first collection in their mid-30's. 

Eileen Fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom