Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
My point is that it’s incredibly hard to make religious music mainstream. When the last religious album that was number one on the charts?! Ppl don’t appreciate how difficult it is to do what ye has done. In some sense it would probably be easier for ye to just make a rap album. You don’t have to like it - but appreciate that for thousand of years no religious musician has made religious music that is this popular.
Oh You Never Heard Of My Man?
1630765335441.gif

Kanye been on cruise control the past year and a half. All his products(music, shoes, clothing,etc) been just alright.

My point is that it’s incredibly hard to make religious music mainstream. When the last religious album that was number one on the charts?! Ppl don’t appreciate how difficult it is to do what ye has done. In some sense it would probably be easier for ye to just make a rap album. You don’t have to like it - but appreciate that for thousand of years no religious musician has made religious music that is this popular.

The problem with your scenario is that compared to other “religious” musicians, Kanye already had a baked in “secular” audience. Lumping him into the same lane as the Kirk Franklins, Lecraes, etc. of the music world is highly disingenuous, IMO. Those artists came into the industry on some Christian steez and rose to the heights of fame organically, while catering mainly to a non-secular audience.

Most people are listening because it’s Kanye, not because it’s a religious album. He’s going to have ears on him no matter what he drops, subject matter be damned.

The problem with your scenario is that compared to other “religious” musicians, Kanye already had a baked in “secular” audience. Lumping him into the same lane as the Kirk Franklins, Lecraes, etc. of the music world is highly disingenuous, IMO. Those artists came into the industry on some Christian steez and rose to the heights of fame organically, while catering mainly to a non-secular audience.

Most people are listening because it’s Kanye, not because it’s a religious album. He’s going to have ears on him no matter what he drops, subject matter be damned.
I think YE has tapped into something that ppl like Franklin and lecrae have always been grasping at but failed to achieve.

I have size 13s in new the batch pure and enflame orange slides... both are super! snug out of the box but break-in nicely.

This is 1 size up from my 350 size of 12.

Back
Top Bottom