Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Hopefully those two 700s that dropped today stay under retail. Might cop the Metallica in a few weeks.

Most new Yeezys are kinda trash too IMO. The wild colors & repeats of the same model too. The 700 in some of the cw’s look like canal street specials lol. The sought after belugas re-releasing is expected to be hyped.

Sesames were the last great 350 with proper primeknit and shape

Nike/JB/Adidas all riding the retro train to the bank. Can't think of a new design/model that has been widely considered an all-time classic by any manufacturer.
I'm sure there's a few on the Adidas side. Not too sure about Nike though.

Nike/JB/Adidas all riding the retro train to the bank. Can't think of a new design/model that has been widely considered an all-time classic by any manufacturer.
Wave Runners are pretty much a classic at this point

less than 5 years old but adidas already cashing off rereleasing them once or twice a year

Zyons yesterday
20211219_181723.jpg

Maybe it’s because my first yeezys were the statics, but I’ve liked quite a few of the pairs of the past 2 years.

Yecheils in particular.

The non-rf yecheils were my first pair. Got em from SX as a Christmas present. They were one of cheapest yeezys at the time but their value has skyrocketed

Most new Yeezys are kinda trash too IMO. The wild colors & repeats of the same model too. The 700 in some of the cw’s look like canal street specials lol. The sought after belugas re-releasing is expected to be hyped.

yes, the 1st two may be "classic", but they released years ago. the waverunner is a great one, but also came out almost 5 years ago.

Yeah but, compared to Js, ALL Yeezys are new models given 350 V2s dropped a little over 5 years ago.

In terms of new models, Jordans have been hot trash for decades now. People only care about old/retro models because Jordan Brand completely fell off from a design standpoint loooong ago (plus MJ not being able to wear the shoes on court anymore definitely hurt the brand). I think Jordan Brand is finished, in terms of relevancy of new models tbh but Jordan retros will always be king because of how classic they are.

Sesames were the last great 350 with proper primeknit and shape
I feel like 2018 was the last great year for 350s. There were a few exceptions, but after that, there were a lot of lackluster colorways with flimsy primeknit and poor shape. Don’t even get me started with the infinity laces. I think there’s some momentum now to go back to those roots.

I’m not sure you can say that about Yeezys as the brand is only 6-7 years old. They are all new models compared to Jordan brand, plus, Yeezy is still innovating and churning out new successful models, like the foam runner.

I’m not sure you can say that about Yeezys as the brand is only 6-7 years old. They are all new models compared to Jordan brand, plus, Yeezy is still innovating and churning out new successful models, like the foam runner.

The problem is Nike/JB are very much like IBM or, even moreso, like Microsoft in the early 2000s where they were printing money by selling the same old software and hardware (in IBM's case). Yeezy is like Apple in that they took crazy risks and were innovative as hell when they dropped the iPod in 2001 and continued on this streak. Nike and JB can literally not create a new model ever again and their retro products will carry them to success (including older performance models). Yeezy has had to differentiate itself from Nike/JB and even Adidas' main line offerings, which is why the brand seems to innovate so much and take so many risks (even if some don't work out).

That Solar Red on the Beluga RF doesn't look as bright/vibrant as the original. It was a bright, over the top orange to me. This version seems to be more muted. But I've seen pics that make it look more faded or washed, sort of like a peach color. Going to be interesting, when I get my pair.

Back
Top Bottom