Votes: 267 21.3%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 46 3.7%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 102 8.1%

• Total voters
GAP says FU to Ye. They should have done GAP YZY on the slides.

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 12.42.11 PM.png

Kanye didn’t invent slides

Fashion as whole copies each other constantly. Originality is great at first, but everyone ends up copying with their own twists.

Brands like h&m, Zara’s, gap, etc all make “take down” models that copy whatever’s in fashion. Shein has some crazy copycat Yeezys right now. It’s inevitable, not making it right, but something you have to work around/deal with.

Slides been around forever but to act like these companies not copying the aesthetic Ye brought to sides and popularized is goofy
The key word is popularized. It doesn’t become infringement on design just because something is popular now. I have a pair of one piece foam croc slides from 2010 possibly even earlier that have the same aesthetic. It’s incredibly amusing that Kanye fans seem to believe he was the first to ever make one piece foam slides.

Ye used to be proud that he pioneered trends in the sneaker/fashion world - he seems to be disconnected from that now basically accusing anyone and everyone of stealing his ideas when the trends he sets become mainstream beyond yeezy.

The key word is popularized. It doesn’t become infringement on design just because something is popular now. I have a pair of one piece foam croc slides from 2010 possibly even earlier that have the same aesthetic. It’s incredibly amusing that Kanye fans seem to believe he was the first to ever make one piece foam slides.

Ye used to be proud that he pioneered trends in the sneaker/fashion world - he seems to be disconnected from that now basically accusing anyone and everyone of stealing his ideas when the trends he sets become mainstream beyond yeezy.
Yea but all these copy cats are releasing around the same time the Yeezy slides became popular so its weird.

I ain't saying anyone is "infringing" / All I'm saying is for as long as everyone in here been alive THESE been Adidas slides

Adissage_Slides_Black_078260.jpg

Now all of a sudden after the Yeezy slides become one of the hottest footwear items of the past 3-4 years... Now people acting like Adidas slides always looked like THIS, and there's no biting going on?

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2022%2F07%2Fadidas-originals-adilette-22-carbon-aluminium-release-information-2.jpeg

As a life long GAP customer, I they BEEN on their flip flop game since I can remember. I never remember seeing no slides in the GAP or Old Navy that look like this before Yeezy Slides

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 1.35.43 PM.png

You can see why Ye mad. It's one thing if its some Canal Street knockoff floating around. But the companies you got deals with doing this and then acting like "we don't see the similarities and you didn't invent slides" is crazy.

I ain't saying anyone is "infringing" / All I'm saying is for as long as everyone in here been alive THESE been Adidas slides

Adissage_Slides_Black_078260.jpg

Now all of a sudden after the Yeezy slides become one of the hottest footwear items of the past 3-4 years... Now people acting like Adidas slides always looked like THIS, and there's no biting going on?

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2022%2F07%2Fadidas-originals-adilette-22-carbon-aluminium-release-information-2.jpeg

As a life long GAP customer, I they BEEN on their flip flop game since I can remember. I never remember seeing no slides in the GAP or Old Navy that look like this before Yeezy Slides

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 1.35.43 PM.png

You can see why Ye mad. It's one thing if its some Canal Street knockoff floating around. But the companies you got deals with doing this and then acting like "we don't see the similarities and you didn't invent slides" is crazy.
i don't see the similarties. lol there's other look likes you can call out but not these. why bring this up NOW?

Let me make it bigger for the blind folks and willfully ignorant

adidas-adilette-22-Slide-Release-Date-2.jpg
This is nothing new, Adidas has been doing this for so long with 750 and 350s. Why is it a surprise now to all?

In fact people were going crazy for those Invader tubulars, especially those LV inspired ones.
Even JB/Nike/puma have takedown models of their own shoes

40D2FDC1-F6EC-4D73-BB85-8747B95A8B05.png
5C97AEA6-2736-4192-A5D9-A1E4680D8371.png

Who’s surprised? Kanye is mad because the slide design is one of the few that he actually owns. Adidas has been biting, but now they’re actually biting into his profits.
Kanye owns the slide?

And I really doubt it’s biting into his profit margin, when there are constant restocks and are always selling out.

It’s all hearsay.

Wonder if kanye is gonna half-aass the new products since hes locked in to his contracts for another few years and save his good stuff till after hes done with gap/adidas

Back
Top Bottom