Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
The quote you posted likens kanye's contributions to that of signature athletes. I'm not saying to give kanye zero credit, but in the same way we celebrate tinker hatfield and eric avar, we should be celebrating yeezy designers. The discourse around yeezys has typically been that kanye is a singular genius and is reductive of the contributions of others. With as many NDAs as are involved with any yeezy design project, we'll never really get an honest answer as to the extent of his contribution.

Again you undermine Ye's contributions. Yes he went through the same process. But Mark Smith is telling you that the Air Yeezy would not look the way it does without Ye's unique perspective and design cues.

Adidas with their great designers without Ye.

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 2.35.21 PM.png

With Ye.

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 2.34.05 PM.png

Good luck Adidas!

Again you undermine Ye's contributions. Yes he went through the same process. But Mark Smith is telling you that the Air Yeezy would not look the way it does without Ye's unique perspective and design cues.

With Ye.

Good luck Adidas!
The same guy who designed NMD designed the yeezy v2 lol. good luck with ye if steven smith decides to leave him

Attachments

• YEEZY-Cleats-Aaron-Donald-lead (1).jpg
    YEEZY-Cleats-Aaron-Donald-lead (1).jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 756

With Ye.

Good luck Adidas!
You're not reading, you're just emotional

you got it tho, everyone grieves differently

I have 40 pairs of Yeezys and I buy them cuz they comfy not because it says Yeezy in the insole lol I think adidas will do fine with out ye , idk maybe move on to a 350 v3 or something lol

What Adidas about to do to the 350 v1 PB Blacks with "YZY" and the rest of the collection.
R.c4968fbe162f7eb5fdae8e385be0352f

nike-foamposite-pro-hyper-cobalt-1.jpg

And to answer the question regarding copping Yeezys with or without Ye involved, it will be a game time decision. I love the comfort of Yeezys and all, but I full expect adidas to try to either keep the same price tag or raise the price tag. I can't justify or rock with that. Plus both adidas and Nike looking like trash organizations right now with their price gouging and PR teams. Don't know if I really want to financially support that.

What Adidas about to do to the 350 v1 PB Blacks with "YZY" and the rest of the collection.
R.c4968fbe162f7eb5fdae8e385be0352f

nike-foamposite-pro-hyper-cobalt-1.jpg

And to answer the question regarding copping Yeezys with or without Ye involved, it will be a game time decision. I love the comfort of Yeezys and all, but I full expect adidas to try to either keep the same price tag or raise the price tag. I can't justify or rock with that. Plus both adidas and Nike looking like trash organizations right now with their price gouging and PR teams. Don't know if I really want to financially support that.
Who is going to pay full price for unbranded/rebranded Yeezys? Might as well buy fakes at that point-and I say this as absolutely don’t condone that either.

IF there are retros, StockX and GOAT better have a brand distinction with what shoes are actual Yeezys and what are the post-Yeezy Adidas models.

Lol Adidas is looking so desperate here.. what a pathetic brand.

Just move on.

They will eventually. I think the problem is they've probably already sunk so much money into the infrastructure and planning of releases that they're just going to try and recoup what they still can from the designs and everything else rather than just dump it all and take a massive loss.

Lol Adidas is looking so desperate here.. what a pathetic brand.

Just move on.

With the amount they’ve invested in the infrastructure of producing Yeezys there’s no way they’re not going to aggressively try to recoup that. From a financial perspective and out of obligation to shareholders they’re more than like place there betters on the shoes being bigger than the person. Only time will tell if the gamble will be worth it.

That said, after a season with no Yeezy releases at all mixed with some people coming to the realization that they want the shoes more than being associated with Ye, folks will probably still cop.

I be adidas marketing will probably attach some kind of charity to the purchase of Yeezys too. Maybe even a cost reduction.

Gonna be interesting to see if buyers cop them without Kanye being associated
I posted this in the general Kanye thread that this gonna be interesting

adidas marketing will probably attach some kind of charity to the purchase of Yeezys too. Maybe even a cost reduction.
Thing is, how can they expect to sell an inferior product for the same price? They are essentially creating takedown versions of authentic “Yeezy” products by removing branding and selling them as different products in name so I think they almost have to lower the prices. This is especially true on Yeezys nobody was buying anyways like QNTMs and 380s, etc.

Thing is, how can they expect to sell an inferior product for the same price? They are essentially creating takedown versions of authentic “Yeezy” products by removing branding and selling them as different products in name so I think they almost have to lower the prices. This is especially true on Yeezys nobody was buying anyways like QNTMs and 380s, etc.

I was under the assumption that the post meant that adidas is going to continue releasing the already designed yeezy products. meaning itll be the same product, just wont have yzy branding

They got two options really. If they trying to keep these Yeezy-less Yeezys in the hype/“Sneakerhead” lane then they can only drop models/CW that are sought after, and that have been cost prohibitive to most people, and make them widely available

What I would be more impressed with is if they were able to transition these silhouettes into non-hype, mass produced, knit runners and performance shoes. That’s where the real money would be for them. Otherwise I’m not sure who their customer base would be?

They gonna lose ShoeTube and hypebeasts. They gonna lose free publicity from influencers flexing Yeezys. They gonna lose the die hard Kanye fans who gonna resent this. So this ain’t really a hype set of silhouettes anymore.

They got two options really. If they trying to keep these Yeezy-less Yeezys in the hype/“Sneakerhead” lane then they can only drop models/CW that are sought after, and that have been cost prohibitive to most people, and make them widely available

What I would be more impressed with is if they were able to transition these silhouettes into non-hype, mass produced, knit runners and performance shoes. That’s where the real money would be for them. Otherwise I’m not sure who their customer base would be?

They gonna lose ShoeTube and hypebeasts. They gonna lose free publicity from influencers flexing Yeezys. They gonna lose the die hard Kanye fans who gonna resent this. So this ain’t really a hype set of silhouettes anymore.

idk if this is the case for everyone but living outside of philly and an hour and some change outside of NYC, theres a ton of folks that fit in between the sneakerhead and super casual "pick up any shoe at the mall". A lot of folks like sneakers to the point of looking "fresh" but not to the extent of being sneaker heads. over the past year and some change my IG/FB stories are full of folks who arent obssessed with shoes to the point of being active on a shoe forum posting their confirmed yeezy wins.

idk if this is the case for everyone but living outside of philly and an hour and some change outside of NYC, theres a ton of folks that fit in between the sneakerhead and super casual "pick up any shoe at the mall". A lot of folks like sneakers to the point of looking "fresh" but not to the extent of being sneaker heads. over the past year and some change my IG/FB stories are full of folks who arent obssessed with shoes to the point of being active on a shoe forum posting their confirmed yeezy wins.
Didn't Adidas do this exact thing to the NMD R1? I remember the days when even mesh R1s were reselling, nowadays they are a discount staple because Adidas completely flooded the market with them. while Boost hype itself died Would be sad to see Adidas do the same thing to Yeezys but it is what it is.

Didn't Adidas do this exact thing to the NMD R1? I remember the days when even mesh R1s were reselling, nowadays they are a discount staple because Adidas completely flooded the market with them. while Boost hype itself died Would be sad to see Adidas do the same thing to Yeezys but it is what it is.

id argue that the way yeezys penetrated the market is unique compared to other lines adidas has put it out. i think one of the major nuances is that unlike ultraboosts and nmds and other boost shoes, yeezy didnt fizzle out the when the streetwear/fashion trend setting folks moved on from them. i dont think anyone saw yeezys taking middle/ upper middle class by storm the way it did.

I’m sure Adidas’ shops/factories already paid for themselves with the years of Yeezy models.

If the market is flooded with Yeezys and they drop down to $99 clearance, they probably still make a $75 profit based on it probably costing $25 or less to make. They’ll be fine. Probably just turn the 350s into their dunks. Overflood the market, then in 5-10 years, make them somehow exclusive or limited.

Back
Top Bottom