Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Well there it goes. These companies show their true colors every time them dollars matter.
What do you want them to do? Lose billions so the twitter social justice warriors are appeased and can sleep at night? If your business was tanking and someone offered you a billion dollars to sell merchandise with the Yeezy name on it, you would in a hearbeat.

Bingo

Should have stayed ‘business minded’ from the start

But they want to listen to cancel culture and outcries from ppl that dont even buy their stuff in the first place

Now they look like fools from a moral standpoint, business standpoint the move is a no brainer

They want to have their cake and eat it too. Kanye's actions were either too terrible for you to sell his shoes or not. Don't jump on the bash Kanye train, act like you will never release another Yeezy branded item and are willing to eat the loss just to turn around a a couple months later and say "We're still selling them actually".

I don't expect businesses to be morally correct just be honest they should've said "We don't agree with Kanye's statements", kept dropping Yeezys and just let his contract with them run out if they were ready to part ways.

I just dont understand why ya'll think that Adidas losing Yeezy means they are putting a going outta business sign up .....yall realize that Yeezy was only 7-8% of there business right?

Bingo

Should have stayed ‘business minded’ from the start

But they want to listen to cancel culture and outcries from ppl that dont even buy their stuff in the first place

Now they look like fools from a moral standpoint, business standpoint the move is a no brainer
It's the lesson the younger generation needed to learn that these companies ain't ****.

Cash rules everything around me...

Has Adidas or Ye or any of their reps came out and said this is actually what's happening? I don't really get why they would need kanye to sell the remaining stock truthfully. What's he gonna do come out say "hey everybody everything's all good come back and buy up all the last of these yeezys so we can get paid. Thanks." Idk seems fishy..

I guess it could be because of the PB having the YZY on em and needing his sign off and then also not Having to deal with swapping boxes but that seems like small potatoes to me in the grand scheme of things.

Has Adidas or Ye or any of their reps came out and said this is actually what's happening? I don't really get why they would need kanye to sell the remaining stock truthfully. What's he gonna do come out say "hey everybody everything's all good come back and buy up all the last of these yeezys so we can get paid. Thanks." Idk seems fishy
I'm no business expert by any means, but beyond the sunk costs in manufacturing the shoes, I'm sure they were projecting profits for 2023 in a way that included the Yeezy portfolio. They made a hasty decision to end the partnership...reran the numbers and realized they were ****ed.

I'm no business expert by any means, but beyond the sunk costs in manufacturing the shoes, I'm sure they were projecting profits for 2023 in a way that included the Yeezy portfolio. They made a hasty decision to end the partnership...reran the numbers and realized they were ****ed.
Yah I get that but what I just don't get is how you bring Ye back in after the damage on both sides. Ye stans are gonna be like **** Adidas either way. People who just like yeezys were gonna buy em either way and do we really think that him coming back is just gonna move all the product when yeezys were already slowing down when everything was rose's and champaign. Sounds like Adidas was gonna have to eat some huge costs either way and back tracking just looks even worse for them. In my opinion.

Sure Yeezy accounted for 7-8% of sales. But according to Bloomberg, those sales translated to about 40% of their profits.
That would be impossible...Yeezy as a brand delivered just under $2.0b in sales for Adidas...which would mean $800m in profit...Adidas sold $23b in sales with about $12b in profit of which 40% of that would be $4.8B which surpasses Yeezy total sales.. ..What the Bloomberg article speaks to is Yeezy has a 40% profit margin due to essentially no marketing required to sell the product....Margins would have been even higher if they did not have to account for Ye's cut....

I know its hard to accept....and this may go over alot of younger cats heads....but this is who Ye is....

1677274608795.jpeg

That would be impossible...Yeezy as a brand delivered just under $2.0b in sales for Adidas...which would mean $800m in profit...Adidas sold $23b in sales with about $12b in profit of which 40% of that would be $4.8B which surpasses Yeezy total sales.. ..What the Bloomberg article speaks to is Yeezy has a 40% profit margin due to essentially no marketing required to sell the product....Margins would have been even higher if they did not have to account for Ye's cut....

For those that don’t understand… Adidas makes about $1.6 billion in annual profit… and has a profit margin of about 9% means that they are doing about $16-20 billion in sales of which Yeezy’s accounted for $1.8 billion… this means that removing about $700-800 million in profits put it at 40% of profits but less than 10% of sales…. Adidas’s profit margin is going to look atrocious going forward. This truly means that Kanye was right and he was responsible for the stock price. Profit margin going from 9% to 4% is never good. Especially in retail. Essential because of Kanye the company was able to compete with Nike in terms of profit margin a little but without him they are about a 3rd as profitable as Nike with a profit margin of 11-13%…unless adidas comes up with something to replace that profit margin the stock price is going to tank.

For those that don’t understand… Adidas makes about $1.6 billion in annual profit… and has a profit margin of about 9% means that they are doing about $16-20 billion in sales of which Yeezy’s accounted for $1.8 billion… this means that removing about $700-800 million in profits put it at 40% of profits but less than 10% of sales…. Adidas’s profit margin is going to look atrocious going forward. This truly means that Kanye was right and he was responsible for the stock price. Profit margin going from 9% to 4% is never good. Especially in retail. Essential because of Kanye the company was able to compete with Nike in terms of profit margin a little but without him they are about a 3rd as profitable as Nike with a profit margin of 11-13%…unless adidas comes up with something to replace that profit margin the stock price is going to tank.
Math is way off homie....you are reading quarterlies...you need to read the annual statements and adjust your figures....

Back
Top Bottom