Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Sooo many tumors on that shoe...

DF031280-3868-40DB-B735-16121CDB3BAD.gif

Its a merger. Think FC realized their high prices cant compete with apps like GOAT/Stock X and GOAT wants the name recognition of Flight Club and street presence. You can probably expect to see more FC stores in the future.

Here are a few links below. There is no such thing as a merger. Someone is always bought, and someone is always sold. The ‘merger’ is just marketing. The article talks about Goats software and FC’s brick and mortar, but Stores are easy to put up. They raised $60mm but that doesn’t mean FC sold for that amount.

Will be interesting to see how all this plays out. Stockx has deep pockets and better software behind them. Play may be to grow large enough to be a pain to them and then sell to stockx.

https://www.gq.com/story/goat-flight-club-sneaker-merger-60-million

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-goat-fight-club-20180208-story.html

"GOAT says that it’s on track to sell more Yeezys than even Adidas “in the near term.” "

Here are a few links below. There is no such thing as a merger. Someone is always bought, and someone is always sold. The ‘merger’ is just marketing. The article talks about Goats software and FC’s brick and mortar, but Stores are easy to put up. They raised $60mm but that doesn’t mean FC sold for that amount.

Will be interesting to see how all this plays out. Stockx has deep pockets and better software behind them. Play may be to grow large enough to be a pain to them and then sell to stockx.

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-goat-fight-club-20180208-story.html

Watch stockX purchase a consignment store.

Watch stockX purchase a consignment store.

Retail is a really challenging environment and traditional stores are under a lot of pressure. Stockx if anything will follow the Quicken loan model due to Gilbert’s involvement. Try just seem to be the clear leader at the moment. Maybe Goat and FC getting together was a defensive move, and to position themselves to be #2.

With Goat and FC, my guess is they wanted the FC name....question is what does FC have of value. It’s not their software.

Overall, I was initially skeptical of these resell sites, but they really do offer value in terms of ease of use, easy transactions, and authentication. The best part is they seem to drive the price down to where the market actually clears and thus you get to the right value buying or selling.

"GOAT says that it’s on track to sell more Yeezys than even Adidas “in the near term.” "

that would actually mean resellers selling to resellers basically for that math to even work out :rofl:

sad part someone out there is financing shoes to flip later or try to

i know these apps killed the sorry eBay platform that place was a swamp with fakes and scammers

the ease of use to get into the resell market does help drive the price down cause anyone with pay pal can basically get in ship and be done. no ads to make no nothing place and let them middle man it

Also, i'm sure a lot consignment shops on the low were using them apps to move shoes as well. Cause they charge to much and some profit is better than no profit.

that would actually mean resellers selling to resellers basically for that math to even work out :rofl:
The only other way it could work is if fugaizzy's are getting authenticated :nerd: :lol: maybe the comparison is to what adidas sold at retail through the app and online.

Last edited:
i know these apps killed the sorry eBay platform that place was a swamp with fakes and scammers

the ease of use to get into the resell market does help drive the price down cause anyone with pay pal can basically get in ship and be done. no ads to make no nothing place and let them middle man it

Also, i'm sure a lot consignment shops on the low were using them apps to move shoes as well. Cause they charge to much and some profit is better than no profit.
on GOAT, for unreleased/sample pairs, you can see that a lot of them were taken inside consignment stores.

Thanks for the links, but it's not true that "there's no such thing as a merger." A merger occurs when a target corporation ends up with stock in the newly acquired corporation (i.e., they still have a stake in the new co.). An acquisition is different: it is when those shareholders end up with cash and no stake in the existing corp.

In this situation, I would assume that shareholders in Flight Club still have an ongoing stake in the new org.

I recall learning about this in one of those meaningless lectures for some Intro to Business class that I probably didn't even open the textbook for

I don’t remember where I saw this but....there was an article a year or so back that the most profitable sneaker company was Nike (no surprise) but the second largest sneaker company by profit if it were a company was reselling Nikes. Almost hard to believe, and I’m not sure I do now. But there is a ton of profit reselling sneakers. At some point, people make a business out of it.

Thanks for the links, but it's not true that "there's no such thing as a merger." A merger occurs when a target corporation ends up with stock in the newly acquired corporation (i.e., they still have a stake in the new co.). An acquisition is different: it is when those shareholders end up with cash and no stake in the existing corp.

In this situation, I would assume that shareholders in Flight Club still have an ongoing stake in the new org.

I don’t want to make this a super long post even though this is a posting board where people share information....but what you have isn’t accurate. Deals are always either or both cash and equity. Being one or the other doesn’t mean it’s a merger or an acquisition. My point is that when any two or more companies ‘combine’ one of those that are part of the deal drives the entire process and runs the show for both. In this case from what’s available information wise it appears Goat controls FC. ‘Merger’ is just a label used to manage perceptions both internal and external to the companies.

What djschxzo djschxzo said is correct. There is no re-stock happening of the frozen yellows. People need to quit holding onto that idea. |l

Ok I get it guys I get it but are you speaking from POV or actual rumored information :smh:

I’m just trying to figure out whether to pay resale or wait and try to catch the restock :ohwell:

I’m sorry I missed the wave when they dropped I’m just playing catch up sheesh |l

Ok I get it guys I get it but are you speaking from POV or actual rumored information :smh:

I’m just trying to figure out whether to pay resale or wait and try to catch the restock :ohwell:

I’m sorry I missed the wave when they dropped I’m just playing catch up sheesh |l

You are the one who is speaking from "rumored information" about an imaginary restock. I'm telling you they are NOT restocking.

I'm just trying to help you, I don't really care if you believe me or not.

Back
Top Bottom