Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
IMO 700s have some 990 influence with the panelling & materials etc. In 2017 Kanye brought forth “dad shoes” but NB had been doing it better with 990v3s for a handful of years already.
Man, I don't see it. Sure the suede but I'm not seeing the rest. I'm looking at my 990s, 991, 992, and 993

20230218_154421.jpg
unds

Man, I don't see it. Sure the suede but I'm not seeing the rest. I'm looking at my 990s, 991, 992, and 993
E3B73D14-436D-402D-87AE-3580F70FAA22.jpeg

Sorry knew I’d read it somewhere but didn’t want to claim something as fact when I’d read it years ago. This is from an interview with Steven Smith, referred to as the “godfather of the dad shoe” in the article and the guy who led most of the design for the 700s. I didn’t say they looked identical I just said there was obvious inspiration, there is also a lot of adidas design language incorporated as well.

The subtle 3M hits are a staple for NBs though beyond just the suede.

yeah it's not so much that they look like a new balance, it's that there's shared design concepts like multilayer textile/mesh uppers with colorblocking variety, foam midsole with encapsulated tech, chunky silhouette, etc

They made a new balance sneaker with adidas archives and its fairly obvious with the 700s and 500s

I think New Balance is filling a percentage of what was left by Yeezy but it’s small percentage. Yeezy being gone leaves a vacuum in the sneaker market behind that isn’t going to be replaced any time soon.

I don’t know anyone in real life who told me they stopped wearing Yeezys. In fact, I see the same amount of people wearing Yeezys that wore them before. No one cares. Like you said, the only people that care aren’t ones that are buying Yeezys to begin with.

I honestly think Adidas is over analyzing this, and overestimating the public’s attention span or level of care. In 5 years, the average Joe will not remember or care what Adidas did. Nike had child sweatshop labor and they’re doing fine. People still shop at Amazon and they’re one of the most vile, exploitative companies, same with Walmart. Trump bragged about sexual assaulting women, said a bunch of racist things, wanted a Muslim ban and he would’ve won a second term if not for Covid happening.

Truly, the only people that really care and will continue to care is a very very small number of people and they probably buy Vibram 5 fingers and shop at Whole Foods.
i could only see people not caring if he apologized. but he hasn't and probably wont. and so he's persona non grata for anyone outside of right wing media.

Still only rumors which I have a hard time believing. It's been stated that Kanye has confessed his love for Hitler several times and it being a German company I can see that it'll cause more problems with public image within the states and abroad

Still only rumors which I have a hard time believing. It's been stated that Kanye has confessed his love for Hitler several times and it being a German company I can see that it'll cause more problems with public image within the states and abroad
Could be but houseofheat is obviously connected with industry insiders. At the end of the day this is a capitalistic society and money reigns supreme. Even when this went down Kanye still had tons of support. I think we overestimate how much the average person cares about certain issues.

i def understand the financial straits that adidas is in, but linking back with ye after taking a public moral stance in the first place is a bad look on them as a company. granted i am sure once ye is back (if that happens) there will be plenty of folks that buy, its just every image building/boosting social initiative they try to tie themselves too whether it be for black history month or parley or whatever is going to be overshadowed and overtly ring hollow. but maybe none of that matters if they can turn a profit.

Back
Top Bottom