Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Almost all sizes and models are sitting here in my country and a few other countries,including the slides and the foams. Seems like ye’s rant on ig is working.
I hope both parties work towards a resolution soon

Almost all sizes and models are sitting here in my country and a few other countries,including the slides and the foams. Seems like ye’s rant on ig is working.
Glad this is the case.

The thing I don’t understand is that Adidas makes so much money selling non-Yeezy product-why risk your reputation just to move some garbage 350 cws from leftover stock? Makes 0 sense to me.

Some of the comments here are quite foolish. It's no wonder why the sneaker culture is in disarray. If you argue that Yeezys aren't fake because they're produced identically to the originals but lack the official endorsement, isn't that akin to all the Jordan replicas made in the same factories with the same materials but lacking authorization from JB?

The reason companies and personalities trademark their brands is clear. Obviously, if they don't have Kanye's endorsement, they're counterfeit.

If kanye approved something when it was originally made, and later disavows the product upon release, does that make it fake? We have no insight into what actually happened at the time because kanye is an unreliable source.

You're right. It's so much better than Nike executives and managers sexually harassing female employees, gender wage gap..... It was so rampant the class action lawsuit had to narrow down the thousands of female employees to 14. And then there's how the trainers/coaches treated high school female runners. Tom Sachs debacle, Ja Morant's stupidity, Travis Scott, where 10 people died and thousands were injured....... The list goes on.
So this is called what aboutism

one look at the resale market on Yeezys over the last two years can tell you that people aren’t really ****ing with Kanye like that anymore.

Glad this is the case.

The thing I don’t understand is that Adidas makes so much money selling non-Yeezy product-why risk your reputation just to move some garbage 350 cws from leftover stock? Makes 0 sense to me.

Following up with my last comment, this guy outlines this situation pretty well in the two videos below:

"The cancel culture train forced Adidas to end the relationship with Ye under the guise of actually caring about what he said. For Adidas, it was all about the money. They were afraid of getting cancelled themselves, so they ended the relationship, but in the immediate wake they realized just how much a true clean break with Ye would cost them, and as you can see, have proceeded to walk back just about everything, and now they're actually selling his shoes and not giving him his % cut. Funny how that all worked out isn't it? At this point Adidas is more worthy of getting cancelled than ever before for being a money driven corporation with no actual guiding principles. I know you shouldn't expect a corporation to be - but the false pretense of 'caring' and 'doing the right thing' when they ended the relationship was BS, and now screwing over the creator that really drove a mega portion of their business is just extra terrible. Adidas sucks. That was the primary message. If you don't actually have any principles as a corporation, then don't pretend like you do, and then proceed to show you're actually ruthlessly cut throat and will do everything you can to screw over a former business partner in bad faith. The relationship ended, fine. If you're selling his shoes, give him his cut."

the whole "adidas needs to suffer" stance never really resonated with me. Not because I'm an adidas stan and not because im on the Ye hate bandwagon, but because i dont see Ye as a victim here. Even if we ignore Ye's "political" rants and adidas moral pump faking, why are we acting like Ye did this alone and adidas is riding on the coat tails of his influence.

even with Ye's questionable past working relationship with brands, adidas threw an ungodly amount of resources and money at the Adidas x Yeezy project to make those shoes, particularly the 350 v2 its most impactful mover. the amount of 350s on the streets from 2019-2022 was absolutely wild. They ramped up to millions of pairs when there was a time when some of us had never even seen an actual yeezy shoe in person let alone own one. They put all their eggs in the Yeezy basket. To act like still trying to get money out of the collab they threw damn near their entire sneaker division at is some kind of crime against all that is good and decent doesnt make sense to me. Ye doesnt own the designs because he didnt make them by himself. The 700 wave runner, which is arguable one of the most iconic shoes that came out of the collab, wasnt even designed by him. And thats okay because that how collaborations work.

Its like some folks are genuinely mad that adidas isnt listening to them telling adidas to "just hold this L" :lol: Thats not how publicly traded companies with share holders work

Some of the comments here are quite foolish. It's no wonder why the sneaker culture is in disarray. If you argue that Yeezys aren't fake because they're produced identically to the originals but lack the official endorsement, isn't that akin to all the Jordan replicas made in the same factories with the same materials but lacking authorization from JB?

The reason companies and personalities trademark their brands is clear. Obviously, if they don't have Kanye's endorsement, they're counterfeit.
the only reason why they're not fake is because adidas making them means they are legit.

I’m sure sales will take off once ye endorse and start to wear these publicly again. Though im not sure if hes willing to do so at this point.

Glad this is the case.

You didn't read about the bottom line Yeezys meant to Adidas? Adidas talked a good game but they weren't willing to put their money where their mouth was. MTBSW

You didn't read about the bottom line Yeezys meant to Adidas? Adidas talked a good game but they weren't willing to put their money where their mouth was. MTBSW
The problem is they had so much already produced. People still act like these just got made and they’re still making new shoes and continuing on like nothing happened and that’s so far from reality.

Nike did the same damn thing, the numbers were so small no one acknowledges it. They already had produced the RO’s and already parted with him. It’s no different other than scale.

Best part is all the whining about him being wronged breaks down when the same people can’t explain why he’d lie about a $250M lawsuit against him or why a billionaire couldn’t afford lawyers who would sue for these supposed contract violations.

If you cut out the completely fabricated narrative Ye himself puts out there’s no substance to any of it.

IMG_0237.png

The problem is they had so much already produced. People still act like these just got made and they’re still making new shoes and continuing on like nothing happened and that’s so far from reality.

Nike did the same damn thing, the numbers were so small no one acknowledges it. They already had produced the RO’s and already parted with him. It’s no different other than scale.

Best part is all the whining about him being wronged breaks down when the same people can’t explain why he’d lie about a $250M lawsuit against him or why a billionaire couldn’t afford lawyers who would sue for these supposed contract violations.

If you cut out the completely fabricated narrative Ye himself puts out there’s no substance to any of it.
The problem is Adidas ain't want to monetarily take the loss. Not sure how Nike got pulled into this?

The problem is Adidas ain't want to monetarily take the loss. Not sure how Nike got pulled into this?
Nike wasn’t taking the loss on pairs they already made either, so they sold them after they dumped him. Who is? None of these publicly traded companies would. Give me a break 🤣

And let me add that in neither instance did either company violate contract law.

Nike wasn’t taking the loss on pairs they already made either, so they sold them after they dumped him. Who is? None of these publicly traded companies would. Give me a break 🤣

And let me add that in neither instance did either company violate contract law.
So Nike never paid him for the ROs? Where did you see that?

I don't understand why people dont get that adidas said they will sell the remaining yeezys and these drops are part of that batch that were made before ye was dropped
The issue is that Ye didn’t approve these Yeezys whereas before he would authorize the designs. What they are releasing now is essentially unauthorized Yeezys. This is wild because they don’t even own the design patents for the slides (Ye does) so I have no idea how that even works (unless Ye did approve those slides way back when but didn’t approve the 350s).

Adidas talked a good game but they weren't willing to put their money where their mouth was. MTBSW

If you are looking at this from the perspective that adidas was always looking to minimize negative financial impact, this was never going to happen. Adidas only spoke up and ended the partnership when the public pressure (and the financial impact that comes with it) was to loud for them not to take action, which would impact the shareholders. They're selling the rest of the shoes now because not doing so is going to impact the bottom line which again impacts the shareholders as well.

Every decision they make in the moment is about how to minimize losses. They're legally bound to act in the best interest of their shareholders. 99% of the time, that looks like them maximizing profit minimizes losses. That simple. To us on the outside it looks like them flip flopping, and it is. But theyre just riding the money wave just like every other company does.

Why do you keep bringing up Nike (whataboutisms) :rofl: Adidas put a lot of gum in their asses until accounting tapped em on the shoulder.

If you are looking at this from the perspective that adidas was always looking to minimize negative financial impact, this was never going to happen. Adidas only spoke up and ended the partnership when the public pressure (and the financial impact that comes with it) was to loud for them not to take action, which would impact the shareholders. They're selling the rest of the shoes now because not doing so is going to impact the bottom line which again impacts the shareholders as well.

Every decision they make in the moment is about how to minimize losses. They're legally bound to act in the best interest of their shareholders. 99% of the time, that looks like them maximizing profit minimizes losses. That simple. To us on the outside it looks like them flip flopping, and it is. But theyre just riding the money wave just like every other company does.
A lot of people knew this when Adidas was acting like they didn't. That's why it's funny

Why do you keep bringing up Nike (whataboutisms) :rofl: Adidas put a lot of gum in their asses until accounting tapped em on the shoulder.
What point are you making here? Find me a company who’s going to spend millions and lose it all without recouping their costs because someone had to be a piece of trash.

And like was mentioned, the thing that burns people is adidas selling what they made, not that it’s all made in a sweatshop.

People obfuscating a clear point to cry whataboutism have no leg to stand on here or they could point to the legal wrongdoing by Adidas. Instead you just back up the guy blatantly lying about being sued for $250M.

Back
Top Bottom