ADOS

i mean they matter if theyre going to pollute the message to others though right?
Not necessarily because they don't represent the movement at large. There is no animosity towards the diaspora within the movement. The people who feel like that about others in the diaspora have already felt like that. This isn't bringing that animosity out of them. It's been there

Havent we been tribal in a sense for a while now? Instead of being so by culture, we are by ideology.

You got your feminists, womanists, pan africanists, garveyite, NOI, Hebrew Israelite, etc...
And what noticeable have any of them done besides the various waves feminists?

i saw something earlier where somebody im assuming is in the movement was saying ados should demand reparations from immigrants too since immigrants pay taxes

i saw something earlier where somebody im assuming is in the movement was saying ados should demand reparations from immigrants too since immigrants pay taxes

People are gonna say stupid ****. Can't stop that. Not representative of the movement. Not saying there aren't those who have animosity towards others in the diaspora or immigrants but speaking as a collective, it's not what it stands for in any way.

People are gonna say stupid ****. Can't stop that. Not representative of the movement. Not saying there aren't those who have animosity towards others in the diaspora or immigrants but speaking as a collective, it's not what it stands for in any way.

my b found it

Look up Yvette Carnell, who I understand to be the founder of the movement.

Here's a great piece by Ta Nehisi Coates regarding reparations.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

Again, I somewhat agree with the concept, if not the potential for division.

At this point it is what it is. The Dems are gonna have to earn their coalition this time around, and I hope they do just that.

They need to realize that these dudes will literally **** around and hand Trump that second term
-Coates piece is a great introduction to the topic of reparations because he makes the moral case for it so well. But like you mentioned reparations comes in different forms
and Coates take seems to differ a bit for ADOS's.

-Second I think the political discussion goes beyond the Democrats platform. If black group is advocating for reparations, and making their case based on generations of failing to deliver I would wish they would:

a) see where there is an overlap with existing policy proposals. If we have free college and university for everyone, then supporting that could be a backdoor into getting what you want. Then focus on more targeted programs

b) learn about the failings of the past. What was promised during Reconstruction but was not followed through on. What did Jim Crow try to stop. What was seen as a bridge too far. One major thing was that black political power needed to be stopped. How hostile people were to as Coates calls it "good negro government". How they systemically worked to deny black folk access to new deal policy, and how much they attack affirmative action and integration policies.

c) Seriously consider the unintended consequences of your plans. You want to stay home in 2020, I disagree but that is anyone's right. But 2020 is a census year so if power is handed over to the GOP in mass, you got to worry about surviving more than 4 years of Trump. The House of Reps and your local districts will be gerrymandered for at least a decade. That means tons more minority rule by white conservatives. They can vote to make statehood require a 2/3s vote, so the Senate stays leaning white male and rural for a couple more generations. The Supreme Court might be lost for 20-30 years. Progressive black politicians could sweep into power in 2024 and pass reparations, but the Supreme Court could void it instant. All policy to help African American could be voided instantly.

Be ready to face that reality, not just for more years of Trump acting like an ***.

-After the Civil Rights Acts white supremacy need to transform itself, one way it did that was weaponizing zip codes. Once you keep a society segregated you have a high chance of telling what race someone if by their zip code/neighborhood. So where do you neglect economically, where do you under police and over punish, where do you build highways through, etc? Not the places you label as black in a bill, but some zip codes that you know what the residents look at. I think some policies can be backdoored if they use some of the same tricks white supremacist use.

If will are going to walk down this road. I think folk really have to give some deep thought into the dynamics of the situation

Last edited:
my b found it

Haven't listened to much of him but he's an example of someone who distorted the original intentions of the moment and is inserting his own ideology. Nothing that can be done about it and it doesn't discredit the ados movement at large

Haven't listened to much of him but he's an example of someone who distorted the original intentions of the moment and is inserting his own ideology. Nothing that can be done about it and it doesn't discredit the ados movement at large

Tariq Nasheed, the pre-eminent hustler of our time, is exploiting the movement and spreading conspiracy theories related to it for profit. He already has a larger following than Yvette. I'm worried about him more than anyone else

Tariq Nasheed, the pre-eminent hustler of our time, is exploiting the movement and spreading conspiracy theories related to it for profit. He already has a larger following than Yvette. I'm worried about him more than anyone else

Most of his followers don't even follow hiw views on immigrants. I'm not worried about him. Tariq has his lane but he hasnt exploited this in any way. He's shouted out Tone and Yvette various times.

If will are going to walk down this road. I think folk really have to give some deep thought into the dynamics of the situation

I agree with you on all fronts but things spread like wildfire nowadays and it is what it is. I've heard Elizabeth Warren and Bernie explicitly pay lip service to racial disparities, and I think as the primaries and general heat up up the issue will become unavoidable.

The way I see it they have to tackle it head on and aggresively or we're all screwed. Trump does NOT leave office without the black vote - it is known.

Most of his followers don't even follow hiw views on immigrants. I'm not worried about him. Tariq has his lane but he hasnt exploited this in any way. He's shouted out Tone and Yvette various times.

The brother is already selling #tangibles2020 t-shirts lol. He is an unashamed capitalist who will spread thought poison with no remorse

He was doing that before he hopped on the ados wave. And I don't care about people making money. That isnt my concern.

Then, the creators of the movement need to step forward and clearly define what it is and what it isn't.

The term is already being used in a political context that seeks to expand the fault lines between Blacks in America, and having Trump in power or the Senate still controlled by the GOP in 2020 will set us all back decades as Rusty demonstrated above.

Last edited:
Then, the creators of the movement need to step forward and clearly define what it is and what it isn't.

They have and continue to do so. People hearing about ados from other sources before the creators is out of their hands. There has already been attempts to frame those who use ados on Twitter. So misinformation spreads fast and out of control.
Nothing much that there can be done about it hesides continuously speaking on what it represent which is what they do.

I'm second gen Caribbean on one side of my family and many of my friends are fully Caribbean.

I've always thought of myself and them as African Americans and given little thought to their national lineage. All of my carribbean friends are supporters of black empowerment and African American culture.

Plenty of Caribbean immigrants struggle in the hood with the rest of the American black folks. The white man is trying to freeze them out of their rent controlled apartments in Flatbush just like everyone else.

ADOS can be problematic in the sense that I'm seeing a lot of people online judge and classify other blacks based on their heritage. As a movement to ensure reconciliation for American slavery I **** with it.

What I DON'T want to see is it become some "pureblood" Harry Potter type of nonsense.
This is an interesting dynamic. Because 95% of the time I just think of myself as African American too, not that different from any other black person. The only time I really, really think about it is during conversations like these.

I mean a African American that grew up in Alabama would have different experiences that one that grew up in Chicago. And to me those differences are just like me growing up in the islands, as opposed to growing up in the states

Most of my family and close family and friends living in the states feels the same way.

But then again, I have a cousin that is a grade-a sucka and will tie himself in plantano sized knots to tell someone how different he is from other African Americans because he grew up in the islands. You know, the type of dude that loves when white people tells him how "different" he is. On some level I understand where many African Americans come from. Once they experience some sucka ****, they will think it is prevalent among all black immigrants.

Another thing I always debate my older relatives is that that even though you don't look down on African Americans and view yourself as part one community, that is not enough. You have to understand the how a unique history of systemic failings, terrorism, oppression, and constant stress have hurt the black community within America. Just because the US has more opportunities than the small island you come from, that does not mean it is time to apply the responsibility politics.

I'll let you all judge for yourself:

http://ados101.com/black-agenda

We demand a New Deal for Black America which includes, but is not limited to:

• We need set asides for American descendants of slavery, not “minorities”, a throw-away category which includes all groups except white men. That categorization has allowed Democrats to use programs like affirmative actions as “giveaways” to all groups in exchange for votes. The bribery must end. That begins with a new designation on the Census with ADOS and another for Black immigrants. Black immigrants should be barred from accessing affirmative action and other set asides intended for ADOS, as should Asians, Latinos, white women, and other “minority” groups. In addition, ADOS hiring and employment data must be demanded for all businesses receiving tax credits, incentives, and governmental support. As well as all governmental agencies national, state and local. It is our belief that this will show that there are minimal if any ADOS professionals in fields including but not limited to engineering, medical, legal and tech.

• Once affirmative action is streamlined as a government program only and specifically for ADOS, the program should be fully reinstituted.

• The Supreme Court decided wrongly when it gutted the Voting Rights Act. As the Atlanta Journal Constitution article “It’s Time to Solve the Mystery of the 100,000 Mystery Votes” indicates, the protections outlined in the Voting Rights Act are essential to protecting the rights of ADOS in America. Reinstituting the protections of The Voting Rights Act is a key part of our agenda.

• We seek a multi-billion dollar infrastructure plan targeted to ADOS communities, including, but not limited to, the Black Belt, Flint, Michigan. A Reuters examinationpublished in 2016 found 3,000 cities with poisoning rates higher than Flint.

• Residents of majority ADOS areas that have been poisoned under the federal, local and state government’s watch, such as not only Flint, Michigan, but Denmark, South Carolina, and others, must be financially compensated for the benign neglect of the Environmental Protection Agency and the government in general. The Justice Department must also institute protections which exact heavy fines and federal criminal prosecution for future offenders.

• Mass incarceration has wreaked havoc on Black American families. By some accounts there are literally more black males imprisoned than all women are incarcerated on the planet. To give context there are 20 million black males, and they largely descend from slavery. While there are 4 billion women globally, both groups producing the same number of incarcerated. The reinvention of slavery through use of the 13th Amendment is chronicled by Douglas Blackmon in his PBS documentary “Slavery by Another Name”, it is our position this must be corrected. We demand a immediate assessment of the numbers of the #ADOS prison populations at the state & federal level. We also demand that there be review if punishment (bail amounts, sentence lengths, amount of time served before parole) is being levied at unfairly high levels on #ADOS based on gender and race for similar crimes to other groups. We demand that there be real prison reform in the form of investment into counseling, job training, and rehabilitation for our incarcerated.

• Former President Ronald Reagan committed to “strengthen the capacity of historically Black colleges and universities to provide quality education” in Executive Order 12320. President Obama undermined that commitment with changes to the PLUS Loan requirements. We call for legislation to triple the current federal allotment to HBCUs. Schools like Georgetown, built by slaves, have an endowment of over a billion dollars. This is a transfer of wealth from ADOS to whites. Our agenda demands that the federal government fully endow our remaining HBCUs in a dollar amount that meets the budgetary needs of each institution. In addition, ADOS students who attend HBCUs should receive a discount in the form of a 75 percent tax credit, given that our inability to pay the rising cost of education is directly tied to the racial wealth gap coming from slavery. ADOS who choose schools outside of the HBCU network should receive a 50 percent government funded credit.

• Findings published in USA Today concluded that top universities graduate ADOS in tech, but those graduates can’t find jobs in Silicon Valley. Only 2% of technology workers at seven Silicon Valley companies are Black, according to the report,and many of those are Black immigrants, not ADOS. And according to a study by Rutgers Professor Hal Salzman, American colleges graduate more tech workers than tech companies need, hence the H1-B program reduces opportunities for ADOS searching for careers in technology. The government must strictly limit the number of H1-B Visa workers tech companies that flow in each year.

• Audit the banks to see if there are patterns of racial discrimination in lending, and require these banks to extend loans to ADOS businesses. These banks received bailout from taxpayers and owe a debt to all taxpayers, regardless of race. In addition, banks such as Wells Fargo used predatory schemes historically, not just during the Great Recession, to eviscerate Black Wealth. Lending to Black businesses and institutions would be a beginning for banks to redress the harm they’ve caused to the ADOS community.

• Mandate that the government’s advertising budget include Black media. There is no ADOS community without our own media. Incentivize through legislative action that all major companies spend 10% of their advertising budget with ADOS media in exchange for tax credits. In addition, mandate that 10% of government advertising for governmental agencies, armed forces and other ancillary programs go to majority ADOS owned media companies.

• ADOS college debt should be forgiven in the same way losses were forgiven for the banks on Wall Street. Those executives oversaw the evaporation of billions in global wealth. ADOS graduates bought into the idea that the key to success in life was an education, and there was a place for us in America, only to find after graduation that we were locked out. We can’t afford to bear the burden of a lie.

• A health care credit to pay for medical coverage for all ADOS. This would cover surgery, pharmaceutical, and counseling needs. As an example we would like to see a Lineage Therapy, whereby #ADOS leadership, in co-operation with licensed therapists and psychiatrists, develop a therapy curriculum to help members of the ADOS understand and manage their ancestral traumas. This therapy should come at no cost to the ADOS community.

• America has never atoned for its original sin of slavery in the form of reparations. It is our position that H.R. 40 be passed, and additional supportive measures implemented. We need to gather the data on the level of wealth that was lost as a direct result of slavery, and the era of Jim Crow that followed. In the paper “40 acres and a mule in the 21st century” Economist Sandy Darity of Duke University assessed the value today as:
If we also take as a conservative estimate the total number of ex-slaves who had attained emancipation at the close of the Civil War as 4 million persons, 40 million acres of land valued at $400 million should have been distributed to the ex-slaves in 1865. The present value of that sum of money compounded from 1865 at 6 percent (5 percent for interest earned and 1 percent as an inflation adjustment) would amount to more than $1.3 trillion. If there are approximately 30 million descendants of enslaved Africans in the United States today, the estimate based on 40 acres yields an allocation of slightly more than $400,000 per recipient.
#ADOS demands that there be a real review of direct payouts needed to be made to eligible recipients from gathered data, and progress be made toward making #ADOS families whole.

Without these measures being instituted, ADOS are locked out of the country our ancestors built during chattel slavery. Without reforms through transformative government, we will be left to continue living a third world life in a first world country.

I'll let you all judge for yourself:

http://ados101.com/black-agenda
I agree with some of the suggestions.

Some things they want already exist in the Dem platform and mainstream

Some seem like they are good on paper but in practice it will not meet their policy goal.

One major thing, they need to change the request for percentage based "tax credits" to hard number subsidies. Because reading some of their economic proposal I have the same problem I have with many "pro-black" economic proposals. They way it is written it will disproportionately help upper class black folk as opposed to poor black folk.

Last edited:
From what I've seen, the #Ados movement started with Yvette Carnell and Antonio Moore and it gradually shifted to social media as a hashtag. She has a show called Breaking Brown where she discusses alot of topics pertaining to Black Americans. Alot of it can come off as provocative but she makes some good points that I can agree with. Reparations talk has been around for over a hundred years and comes up every so often when there are rumblings of discontent among the black electorate.

She's had some good guests on her shows like William Darity ( The economist who's work has been used by Corey Booker in his advocacy for Baby Bonds) and Prof Jared Ball. The problem with hashtags and ideas like this is that it can be easily co-opted and used by anyone because there really isn't any real world organization behind it to check people or entities who would use it to cause strife. You have to be careful on how you frame discussions when it comes to Diasporic relations in these online spaces.

From what I've seen, the #Ados movement started with Yvette Carnell and Antonio Moore and it gradually shifted to social media as a hashtag. She has a show called Breaking Brown where she discusses alot of topics pertaining to Black Americans. Alot of it can come off as provocative but she makes some good points that I can agree with. Reparations talk has been around for over a hundred years and comes up every so often when there are rumblings of discontent among the black electorate.

She's had some good guests on her shows like William Darity ( The economist who's work has been used by Corey Booker in his advocacy for Baby Bonds) and Prof Jared Ball. The problem with hashtags and ideas like this is that it can be easily co-opted and used by anyone because there really isn't any real world organization behind it to check people or entities who would use it to cause strife. You have to be careful on how you frame discussions when it comes to Diasporic relations in these online spaces.

That's their only problem. They're not visible enough so because of that it can be co opted easily.

people always say this but never point to anything that the man has said as wrong
Bill Cosby was setup because he tried to buy NBC. He beleives Cobsy is completely innocent

Doctor Sebi had miracle cures and that the US conspired to kill him.

Heard him repeat the pizzagate rumors about Clintons

Besides general misinformation and hot takes, famb has indulged in full blown conspiracy theories.

Bill Cosby was setup because he tried to buy NBC. He beleives Cobsy is completely innocent

Doctor Sebi had miracle cures and that the US conspired to kill him.

Heard him repeat the pizzagate rumors about Clintons

Besides general misinformation and hot takes, famb has indulged in full blown conspiracy theories.

that would be like me disregarding your replies cause you typed “famb”

I know where it came from btw, I remember the thread

tariq pieces info together well and gives it to the streets mostly for free and some paid content

Back
Top Bottom