Adrian Peterson Is Not The Best RB in Football Vol. This Season

Originally Posted by dland24

This season IMO:

DeAngelo Williams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adrian Peterson
Michael Turner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adrian Peterson
Thomas Jones >>>>>>>>>> Adrian Peterson
Matt Forte >>>>>>> Adrian Peterson
Those players might have better stats than AP but in no way are they a better RB. I'm not saying stats don't count and I agree that thoseRB are having a great season. I just think that they are reaping the benefits of the rest of the offense(with the exception of Forte. Not trying to takeanything away from him but I think he took the L by surprise i.e. Tampa Bay Rays). What makes AP better is that the other team knows whats coming and theystill can't do anything about it as oppose to the other RBs are in a well balanced offense and plays open up for them due to the passing game. EXCEPTT.Jones...he does not deserve to be in the same convo as the other 4 RBs

Let me ask this question...If you put AP on any of the other teams, do you think he'll have worst, same, or better stats?

Originally Posted by Smokey13

This season IMO:

Matt Forte >>>>>>> Adrian Peterson
Those players might have better stats than AP but in no way are they a better RB. I'm not saying stats don't count and I agree that those RB are having a great season. I just think that they are reaping the benefits of the rest of the offense(with the exception of Forte. Not trying to take anything away from him but I think he took the L by surprise i.e. Tampa Bay Rays). What makes AP better is that the other team knows whats coming and they still can't do anything about it as oppose to the other RBs are in a well balanced offense and plays open up for them due to the passing game. EXCEPT T.Jones...he does not deserve to be in the same convo as the other 4 RBs

Let me ask this question...If you put AP on any of the other teams, do you think he'll have worst, same, or better stats?

Thats not a great arguement cause he plays behind a great o line his numbers are pretty much going down.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by Cyprus Sinner II

If Carolina would've won last Sunday and clinched home field in the playoffs over the Giants, then DeAngelo is the MVP.

But since they lost I can't see him winning it even though he's in the top 3.
he isnt top 3 MVP material period. a good portion of those TD's were of the one yard variety.

He also has the most 40+ yard runs of any NFL RB this season, and 2nd most 20+ yard runs...
nerd.gif
Who's #1?

DeAngelo is nice, but stop it. I swear yall dudes slurp on Gunna, first Freddy now it's DeAngelo. And Forte, Turner, and Jones better than AD? Not now,not ever.

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

i know you aint talkin about delhome
grin.gif

talkin like ap's o-line is buns
So a great O-Line stops 8 in the box? Yall forget McKinnie was out for 4 games? Everyone keeps sayin' our O-Line is so great, it's goodbut not great. Outside of Hutch and Birk, the rest of the guys are maybe above average, with McKinnie being able todominant games but being nowhere consistent.

I don't think anyone here has watched too many Viking games - AD sees 8 almost every time. Bernard Berrian and T-Jax/Gus ain't stretching no Defenseslike Steve Smith. Sure, AD fumbles and he better get that worked on, but dude is clearly the best RB in the league.

This season IMO:

Matt Forte = Adrian Peterson
I agree

Originally Posted by BMW 7 series

This season IMO:

DeAngelo Williams '08 season >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adrian Peterson 08 season
Matt Forte '08 season = Adrian Peterson 08 season
I agree
fixed that for you

Ya'll need to read the topic..he said "Best Runningback THIS season"..not "Best runningback overall"..

I don't know how you guys can say AD is better this season than DeAngelo or Turner

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

lets be serious...i like deangelo but he aint even the mvp of his team. that person is CLEARLY steve smith

with that being said.

if you want to put anyone in front of AP it should be michael turner

this is one of the time's where you cant just look at stats.

whoa. someone said thomas jones > AP? BUGGING

dont get gassed off the stats people. AP is the vikings offense

Man you are TRIPPIN if you think that Steve Smith has been more valuable to the Panthers than DeAngelo. Come on dude.

And it was ME who said that Thomas Jones has had a better season than AP. And you know what? I have YET to hear a compelling argument as to why that statementis wrong.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by BMW 7 series

This season IMO:

DeAngelo Williams '08 season >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adrian Peterson 08 season
Matt Forte '08 season = Adrian Peterson 08 season
I agree
fixed that for you

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

how does forte this season=what AP did last year?

smh.gif
at all of those who crossed out who I wrote are having better seasons, and wrote "fixed."

its getting a little old seeing people doing this all the time, and not providing any legitimate explanation as to why. All 4 running backs (DeAngelo, Turner,TJones, and Forte) are ALL having better seasons than Peterson.

**edit** People....please learn to read. vol. THIS SEASON. THIS SEASON. THIS SEASON.....THIS NOT LAST.

You know the guy is the best in the league when he leads the nfl in rushing and it's considered an "bad year"...

He does fumble a lot though...I think that he will fix that in the off season...he just runs so hard that it looks like he forgets he has to protect the balllol...

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

lets be serious...i like deangelo but he aint even the mvp of his team. that person is CLEARLY steve smith

with that being said.

if you want to put anyone in front of AP it should be michael turner

this is one of the time's where you cant just look at stats.

whoa. someone said thomas jones > AP? BUGGING

dont get gassed off the stats people. AP is the vikings offense

Man you are TRIPPIN if you think that Steve Smith has been more valuable to the Panthers than DeAngelo. Come on dude.

And it was ME who said that Thomas Jones has had a better season than AP. And you know what? I have YET to hear a compelling argument as to why that statement is wrong.

ohwell.gif
you really think Steve Smith isn't a bigger part of the Pantheroffense than Deanglo? hey man that's your opinion then. But IMO Steve Smith makes the Panthers offense explode. They don't call him playmaker for noreason. You will always see the Panthers try to give him the ball because that boy is a problem.Without him they are just a regular team and people would stackthe box all day. Panthers have always had a 1-2 combo running the ball. They had Davis and Foster before and now its obviously a much better upgraded versionof that.

BUT back to the Thomas Jones.
I'm sorry but what are you basing this off of? Just because AP got fumbles? EVERYONE fumbles. It is what it is. I'll agree and say that this year itwas a problem for AP. Jones got 13 Tds to AP's 9. But you know what? more than half of those TD's are off of 1 yd TD runs and I cant respect that. APtakes the vikings down the field. TEAMS play defense to contain AP and yet look at what he is doing still. He has more than 1600 yards. Jones wishes he evenhad a year with 1600 yards. And lets not forget AP is doing this With Gus as his QB
sick.gif
. Imagine what AP would do with Brett Farve back there. People would respect the passing game just for the fact its Brett Farve throwing the rock.Even though I do think Brett has played bad this year. But Lets be real. If AP did not fumble as much as he has this year, this would not even be a discussion.

I'll add a stat in there. Jones only has multiple td's against BUM defensive teams. Cincy, STL, and Den.
eyes.gif
AP got multiple TDS against the Titans and the bears. I'll also say this. APhas lost 4 of his 8 fumbles to the Lions. Which is weird
laugh.gif

Adrian has been the best back in football all season he will average 100ypg rushing , and he is so far above everybody else its not funny.
But the Vikings need to keep him to 240 carries a season because he will wear down eventually his style says he will play 8 years I rather see 10 or 11 so helphim and use Chester more.

Too many 5-7 step drops for the Vikings, with Jackson they put a few more 3 step drops in. Their line is best when its run blocking or when it can attack on a3 step drop.

No way. AP is the best in the league. He just fumbles a lot. When you see AP run, every single run has potential to be broken for a TD. Williams probablywon't have a year like this ever again. Turner is damn good, but I would never ever take him before I would Peterson.

Ive been high on Deangelo ever since his junior year at Memphis dudes a beast but idk AP might get the nod

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

No way. AP is the best in the league. He just fumbles a lot. When you see AP run, every single run has potential to be broken for a TD. Williams probably won't have a year like this ever again. Turner is damn good, but I would never ever take him before I would Peterson.

Why not? Hes a first round pick, he is powerful, fast, elusive. and hes young. He and First Aid might share carries for the rest of their careers but they willboth be considered elite.

Back
Top Bottom