Adult NTers: Do you honestly like the taste of beer?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by Baybully650

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

nothing beats a ice cold heineken corona on a hot summer day
pimp.gif
Drink better beers.

Sam Adams Summer Ale
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Sam Adams Pale Ale
Honey Moon
Blue Moon

While I agree with your first statement, your follow-ups don't really hold much weight.
laugh.gif
kinda calling the kettle black there pot.

Your trippin if you think that sam adams is a better beer than corona or heineken. And Blue Moon is cool...if your a chick. But its all personalpreference I guess.

I'm allergic
sick.gif
and get hives
indifferent.gif
... but the 2 times I've had it were okay, the peach Hefeweizen are cool.

Originally Posted by Square town 707

Love beer, Hate beer snobs
everytime we have a beer thread, we have so many people come in here and say drink better beer. I say, you do you and drink what you like . I likebud light with lime, as my weekday beer, and leinenkugel or longboard as a weekend beer. Leinenkugel is a must try.

And yes I quoted myself

Delirium_Tremens.jpg

For my beer drinkers who enjoy something strong.

I'd suggest Delirium Tremens. It's my favorite beer.

If you see it. Please give it a whirl. It may be expensive but it tastes like liquid gold.

pimp.gif
Drink better beers.

Sam Adams Summer Ale
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Sam Adams Pale Ale
Honey Moon
Blue Moon

While I agree with your first statement, your follow-ups don't really hold much weight.
laugh.gif

Your trippin if you think that sam adams is a better beer than corona or heineken. And Blue Moon is cool...if your a chick. But its all personal preference I guess.

wait what? when did Blue Moon become a chick beer? I guess...

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

pimp.gif
Drink better beers.

Sam Adams Summer Ale
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Sam Adams Pale Ale
Honey Moon
Blue Moon

laugh.gif

Your trippin if you think that sam adams is a better beer than corona or heineken. And Blue Moon is cool...if your a chick. But its all personal preference I guess.

wait what? when did Blue Moon become a chick beer? I guess...

OK...Blue Moon may not be a chick beer. Only reason I said that was cuz I only seen chicks drinking it.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by NooEra

Originally Posted by Lazy B

I drink beer because I enjoy it. I don't drink to get drunk. That would be called an alcoholic.

wut ? when im out on the wknds, i drink to get drunk/buzzed and enjoy myself. I'm not an alcoholic, considering im not addicted to alcohol. Ignore this man's holier than thou attitude
eyes.gif
Keep on trolling.

Being drunk isn't fun. The aftermath isn't fun. Been there done that.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by the north west

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

Originally Posted by toast1985

Beer is great with certain meals, and its even great socially. Any beer drinker can recall a time when they had a sit down with friends, or family, and cannot recall how many beers you had because you were having a great time.
or you black out
laugh.gif
how the heck do you black out from just beer
roll.gif

first few times it tasted nasty to me. i only drank it because i was playing beer pong. as i drank more and more, i got used to it. i did notice that cheapbeer is not as good.

Yes. I can't say I ever didn't like it too. Some people say they never like it, some think it's an acquired taste, but I guess I always liked it.

Beer elitists with pathetic snobbery over another man's choice of six-packs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'll drink whatever I damn please.
laugh.gif
at the concept of a "girl beer"

Love beer, Hate beer snobs
everytime we have a beer thread, we have so many people come in here and say drink better beer. I say, you do you and drink what you like . I like bud light with lime, as my weekday beer, and leinenkugel or longboard as a weekend beer. Leinenkugel is a must try.

And yes I quoted myself

you call people beer snobs and then act like "oh leinenkugel is a must try"
laugh.gif
... okay, while Leiney's aren't exactly top of the line, they'redefinitely craftier than Bud Light, and you go talking them up here the same way somebody would a high end micro/craft. Just ironic to me, everybody wants tohate on "snobs" but why? Because we're trying to get people to drink better stuff? Not like it does us any good, drink what you want..we're just trying to help in the end.
And what would you suggest? I'm open to trying new beers. And as popular as the beers I listed are, they actually have flavor unlike the over-hyped Corona or Heineken.
I would agree that most anything is better than Corona of Heineken, but we've discussed this to death on NT and the hypebeasts just don'twant to admit that both those beers are ALLLLLLL hype.

Sam Adams is a decent brewery, don't get me wrong. But they are still extremely mainstream for a reason, and that's because the beers are still prettybland for the most part, relatively speaking. They are definitely a step up from the major brands you see, I will give you that.. but still very low on thequality scale of all craft beers.

Blue Moon is quickly becoming like Corona and Heineken... it's a crappy version of a belgian wit (i have to be careful to say the right style here, i gotin trouble last time for being too vague) that is owned by Coors Brewing. Shock Top is Bud's answer to it, if you didn't know. They are mass-producedthe same way Budweiser and Coors are, and that's the biggest gripe with them.. they're watered down versions of the styles they intend to emulate.

My recommendation? Sign up for beeradvocate.com and do some of your own research - find the best beer spots around your way on there and hit them up, figureout what style your current favorites are and compare them to the highest ranked beers on that site of that style.

That's the best way to find something new.

beeradvocate.com is awesome. they have reviews of beers as well as the selections of a lot of different bars in most areas and locations of different beertastings.

I love beer, I have one pretty much every night. It's sunny out now so maybe I'll go outside and open a Sam Adams.

I would agree that most anything is better than Corona of Heineken, but we've discussed this to death on NT and the hypebeasts just don't want to admit that both those beers are ALLLLLLL hype.

Sam Adams is a decent brewery, don't get me wrong. But they are still extremely mainstream for a reason, and that's because the beers are still pretty bland for the most part, relatively speaking. They are definitely a step up from the major brands you see, I will give you that.. but still very low on the quality scale of all craft beers.

Blue Moon is quickly becoming like Corona and Heineken... it's a crappy version of a belgian wit (i have to be careful to say the right style here, i got in trouble last time for being too vague) that is owned by Coors Brewing. Shock Top is Bud's answer to it, if you didn't know. They are mass-produced the same way Budweiser and Coors are, and that's the biggest gripe with them.. they're watered down versions of the styles they intend to emulate.

My recommendation? Sign up for beeradvocate.com and do some of your own research - find the best beer spots around your way on there and hit them up, figure out what style your current favorites are and compare them to the highest ranked beers on that site of that style.

That's the best way to find something new.
Pretty solid advice all around. I am not a beer snob by any means, nor am I ashamed of what I drink. I will readily admit that my go-to footballwatching beer is a budlight. Does it have little to no "beer" flavor? absolutely. But it is cold and refreshing when I just want to chill andwatch some football and not get S-faced.

Interesting tidbit about the Shock Top. Never knew that. Theres a bar around my way that has Shock Top on tap. Didn't know what it was, but the pintswere cheap so I decided to give it a shot and I liked it. Blue Moon is my go-to after work beer. Is it the most flavorful finely crafted beer in the world? Not even close. But it hits the spot and its $3/pint at Happy Hour at the local sports bar I hit up on Fridays. I know in some parts of the country a"deal" is 25 cent beers at Happy Hour or some madness like that, but here in LA/Santa Monica, $3 for a pint of non-Coors/Miller/Bud is a prettysmokin hot deal. I am a bargain shopper, and unfortunately that often translates to my beers too.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

Red Stripe.

/thread.
I don't know about that. Red Stripe used to be in my regular rotation for a lil bit, but one day I cracked one open and felt like I gotslapped upside the head. I was like... wow... why do I drink this? Its just not that good. I got a 6-pack of Red Stripe that someone brought over 2 weeksago thats been sitting in my fridge untouched. I just have no urge to drink it.

i used to not really like the taste of beer (even though everyone said its an acquired taste, and i am just 18) until i went to my cousins house whose alwaysstocked up on GOOD beer. now whenever im there i drink beer when were all watching a movie or just chillen and eating. then i realized i didnt like the tastebecause all ive been drinking was crappy beer pong beer.

try some...
dos equis
stella artois
sam adams
fat tire
hefeweizen
any gordon biersch

Back
Top Bottom