Advice whether to fix car or sell

Hey all, I'm seeking some advice regarding my current vehicle situation. For the past 2 years, I have been fixing my car in order to pass my emissions. Last year I had a ses light and my car was throwing an evap code, I had the charcoal canister replaced, got my emissions test, few months later my ses light came back and is throwing a AIR code p1415. The AIR monitor is one of the first monitors to get ready so I can't really reset it, drive it, and then get the test done before the ses light comes on. Recently I got my mass air flow sensor replaced since I saw some sources stating that could be the issue for the code. At this point it seems pretty difficult trying to determine and diagnose the issue so I'm wondering would it be best to sell/trade in my car for a new vehicle?

I am planning to get a repair waiver for this year and taking this time to decide what I want to do however, I would like to hear if anyone has had a similar experience or any advice regarding this. Thanks. Also I have a 03 bmw z4.

cliff notes - car issues - have ses light and need to pass emissions, 2nd year in a row with this problem, wondering if i should sell/trade in my car.

If the repairs are not going to be costly fix it and sell it.

If the repairs will be costly just sell it as is.

Under no circumstance should you sell it to someone you know though.

You know why, because any little problem the car has they will come running back to you that you sold them a lemon or something.

Just sell it and get what you can and let someone else deal with it.

If the repairs are not going to be costly fix it and sell it.

If the repairs will be costly just sell it as is.

Under no circumstance should you sell it to someone you know though.

You know why, because any little problem the car has they will come running back to you that you sold them a lemon or something.

Just sell it and get what you can and let someone else deal with it.
I'm going with the repairs will be costly because my mechanic outright said it is best to get rid of it since the code is hard to troubleshoot.

Back
Top Bottom