AFC Divisional Game: New York Jets @ New England Patriots (Sunday Jan 16,4:30 PM on CBS)

Jets' Scott threatens Welker
January, 15, 2011
Jan 15
9:00
AM ET

By Mike Reiss
Jets linebacker Bart Scott wasn't amused by Patriots receiver Wes Welker's Thursday news conference in which he made double-digit references to "feet", "toes" and "foot", which players are taking as a dig at Jets coach Rex Ryan.

Scott told Roderick Boone of Newsday: "Be very careful what you say about our coach. His [Welker's] days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that."

According to Peter King of Sports Illustrated, NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Ray Anderson contacted all remaining playoff teams late this week, warning them against further trash talking.

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter also reported that Anderson told teams that past comments would be considered if the league was to discipline a player for his actions in this weekend's playoff games.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this clowns team can talk all the trash they want but when Wes wants to have a little fun he's told that"his days in a uniform will be numbered"
indifferent.gif

^ beat me to it
laugh.gif

just read this on espn , can't wait to see wes folded up crying on the sideline again :

Since October, the NFL has ratcheted up its enforcement of hits to defenseless players with a series of fines -- and the threat of suspension. No suspensions have been handed out, but the recent rash of trash talk before playoff games prompted Anderson to further emphasize the need to respect the game and opponents.

The latest salvo came Friday from Jets linebacker Bart Scott in reaction to Wes Welker's apparent tongue-in-cheek references to feet and toes as he spoke to the media Thursday.

The Patriots receiver is widely thought to have been poking fun at Rex Ryan over videos of the Jets coach's wife that surfaced on the Internet.

But Scott wasn't laughing.

"I'll tell you what," Scott told Newsday Friday. "Be very careful what you say about our coach. His [Welker's] days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that."

pimp.gif

^ beat me to it
laugh.gif

just read this on espn , can't wait to see wes folded up crying on the sideline again :

Since October, the NFL has ratcheted up its enforcement of hits to defenseless players with a series of fines -- and the threat of suspension. No suspensions have been handed out, but the recent rash of trash talk before playoff games prompted Anderson to further emphasize the need to respect the game and opponents.

The latest salvo came Friday from Jets linebacker Bart Scott in reaction to Wes Welker's apparent tongue-in-cheek references to feet and toes as he spoke to the media Thursday.

The Patriots receiver is widely thought to have been poking fun at Rex Ryan over videos of the Jets coach's wife that surfaced on the Internet.

But Scott wasn't laughing.

"I'll tell you what," Scott told Newsday Friday. "Be very careful what you say about our coach. His [Welker's] days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that."

pimp.gif

welker's trash talking was a work of art and entertainment. dude inserted foot jokes for 9 minutes with a straight face..... mangold on the other hand, goes back to a 3 year old topic and recycles it. if you want to trash talk, at least get creative and go in front of a camera.

welker's trash talking was a work of art and entertainment. dude inserted foot jokes for 9 minutes with a straight face..... mangold on the other hand, goes back to a 3 year old topic and recycles it. if you want to trash talk, at least get creative and go in front of a camera.

I don't get it, Jets talk trash all season long, but once Welker actually uses some creativity to crack some jokes....all of a sudden its personal with the threats.

If you talk ya mouth almost every week, don't be shocked when someone else opens their mouth.

I don't get it, Jets talk trash all season long, but once Welker actually uses some creativity to crack some jokes....all of a sudden its personal with the threats.

If you talk ya mouth almost every week, don't be shocked when someone else opens their mouth.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Yup.  Cro can barely put together sentences enough to say "#@($ Brady" and all this other $%!#, half of which is inaudible but Wes has some witty $%!# to say and now "his days are numbered".

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Yup.  Cro can barely put together sentences enough to say "#@($ Brady" and all this other $%!#, half of which is inaudible but Wes has some witty $%!# to say and now "his days are numbered".

jets trash talk but all the talk is directed toward the teams on the field. the rex feet situation involves his wife also, thats why bart got pissed.

jets trash talk but all the talk is directed toward the teams on the field. the rex feet situation involves his wife also, thats why bart got pissed.

Originally Posted by onewearz

Normally I'd say this is a good point... But do you honestly think that all the mouths in the Jets locker room would keep quiet about the same thing if it was BB or Brady that were involved in something like that?

Id say theres about a 90% probability that certain Jets players would be going IN on BB if he had some weirdo fetish tape released.

Normally I'd say this is a good point... But do you honestly think that all the mouths in the Jets locker room would keep quiet about the same thing if it was BB or Brady that were involved in something like that?

Id say theres about a 90% probability that certain Jets players would be going IN on BB if he had some weirdo fetish tape released.

I know that Wes was joking about Rex and some foot fetish. Can someone go into more detail with Rex's deal with feet though? I'm not completely aware of what it is.

I know that Wes was joking about Rex and some foot fetish. Can someone go into more detail with Rex's deal with feet though? I'm not completely aware of what it is.

It don't matter...this a rivalry. EVERYTHING goes. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house...sensitive $+% _'s.

It don't matter...this a rivalry. EVERYTHING goes. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house...sensitive $+% _'s.

I'm saying'
laugh.gif

Plus its poking jokes at a foot fetish, not exactly a sensitive issue.
laugh.gif

I'm saying'
laugh.gif

Plus its poking jokes at a foot fetish, not exactly a sensitive issue.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom