African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

7E67CD85-12A1-4569-9484-D24396C6394C.jpeg

:pimp:

How do y’all feel about Tariq Nasheed and his CONSTANT dogging of black people who are immigrants in America. I don’t have an issue with ADOS loving being African Americans but when you use Caribbean’s and Africans as your scapegoat then it becomes divisive, petty, and problematic. I guess he couldn’t make money off the existing issues so he focus on black immigrants to make himself stand out, but honestly I find it disgusting
What's also funny is, he loves to quote/reference people that are children of immigrants, but then disrespect their ancestors. He speaks on Nipsey Hussle from time to time (who's father is Eritrean and openly admitted that going to Eritrea had a profound effect on him). He talks about Malcom who's mother is Grenadian. But then he would turn around and insult blacks from these same regions. He speaks of people in these regions of being "weak" and not taking their country. But it appears as if he does not realize the sphere of influence and control that western nations have and their influence of white supremacy stretches beyond their borders. They dictate elections, policies and politics in these other countries, but he would rather plays fool and proceed to do the work of the very people he claims to detest. He also seems to throw this "bussy" term around a lot. I never knew what it was until hearing him call someone it and looking it up. For a man who claims to be straight to be regularly using this term, leads me to believe that he dabbles in that area.

Last edited:
How do y’all feel about Tariq Nasheed and his CONSTANT dogging of black people who are immigrants in America. I don’t have an issue with ADOS loving being African Americans but when you use Caribbean’s and Africans as your scapegoat then it becomes divisive, petty, and problematic. I guess he couldn’t make money off the existing issues so he focus on black immigrants to make himself stand out, but honestly I find it disgusting

Had some of my best laughs in weeks listening to him and the callers going back and forth.

The disgusting part for me is living in denial / pretending this stuff doesn't exist.

I've witnessed it myself up close and personal.

Nasheed ain't lying. He's funny, weird, a con man, etc...but he ain't lying.

Had some of my best laughs in weeks listening to him and the callers going back and forth.

The disgusting part for me is living in denial / pretending this stuff doesn't exist.

I've witnessed it myself up close and personal.

Nasheed ain't lying. He's funny, weird, a con man, etc...but he ain't lying.
Where do you live Nebraska? Where you guys barely interact with black peoples who are not from America?

Growing up in NYC this was never a problem because there is a such a mix between African Americans, Caribbeans, and Africans that I have never really seen any division.

If you lived in Idaho or some non diverse place then I can see that maybe happening, but definitely not in a place like NYC

Where do you live Nebraska? Where you guys barely interact with black peoples who are not from America?

Growing up in NYC this was never a problem because there is a such a mix between African Americans, Caribbeans, and Africans that I have never really seen any division.

If you lived in Idaho or some non diverse place then I can see that maybe happening, but definitely not in a place like NYC

DC.

Saw it back in the 00's in NYC too.

Fact is every group of people has it's good and it's bad no matter where you go.

People can be immigrants and racist. I've seen it / lived it up close and personal.

Racist immigrants literally call into Nasheed's show to spout their racism.

IMHO Nasheed just meeting them where they are... and personally I'm here for all of it with popcorn. Let the lulz begin! 😂😂😂😂

You haven’t seen any division between Africans, AA’s and Caribbeans in NYC?
DC.

Saw it back in the 00's in NYC too.

Fact is every group of people has it's good and it's bad no matter where you go.

People can be immigrants and racist. I've seen it / lived it up close and personal.

Racist immigrants literally call into Nasheed's show to spout their racism.

IMHO Nasheed just meeting them where they are... and personally I'm here for all of it with popcorn. Let the lulz begin! 😂😂😂😂
I still see it in NYC now.

What are you describing as "division" that you personally see?
General hostility between the groups which is largely driven by sterotypes. It’s not blatant ****, but you can feel it in the air in certain areas. I’m not saying it’s really bad, but it’s clear that certain groups do what they can to distinguish themselves from others.

It’s well known that some West Indians or African immigrants view AA’s as inferior and the same goes for AA’s. I’ve heard tons of stories from Nigerians, Jamaicans, and other friends of mine in NYC. There’s not something that I can point to specifically and I’m not saying folks are out there being down right disrespectful, but I think many people would agree. I’m sure this has been studied recently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom